+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Item suggestion - underwater air vent

Default Item suggestion - underwater air vent

I was really pleased to see that the new Gloamwood dimension included the underwater cave in Millrush Pond, but I've found myself getting through a lot of orange sea stars whilst building out my idea. Is there an item that could provide an underwater breathing buff, like the air vents found in some of the lakes around the world? I want my visitors to be spooked but would like to stop short of actually having them drown!

Apologies if this has been suggested before, couldn't find anything when searching.

Quote Originally Posted by yshara View Post
    I was really pleased to see that the new Gloamwood dimension included the underwater cave in Millrush Pond, but I've found myself getting through a lot of orange sea stars whilst building out my idea. Is there an item that could provide an underwater breathing buff, like the air vents found in some of the lakes around the world? I want my visitors to be spooked but would like to stop short of actually having them drown!

Apologies if this has been suggested before, couldn't find anything when searching.
    IIRC, you aren't even supposed to be able to drown in dimensions so I think that is a bug. Could be wrong though. I noticed it too.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

It just occurred to me that the vent commonly used to produce smoke in a fireplace is called an Underwater Vent. Has anyone tried it under water to see if it has this effect?
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    It just occurred to me that the vent commonly used to produce smoke in a fireplace is called an Underwater Vent. Has anyone tried it under water to see if it has this effect?
    I think it's called Double Volcanic Vent, and sadly it doesn't have any kind of effect like that.

I suggested this in-game when I was playing around with Shoreward Island. Maybe when Rift 3.0 comes along, we'll have an underwater dimension that truly necessitates this kind of item. I think it would be a great crafted addition for Fishing or Survival.

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    IIRC, you aren't even supposed to be able to drown in dimensions so I think that is a bug. Could be wrong though. I noticed it too.
    True! I had no idea this was the case but I've just tried it - when the breath meter runs out you hardly take any damage at all. I've crafted loads of the underwater breathing things for this project too

Rather spoils some ideas I had for an underwater puzzle but at least my pond monster lair will meet health and safety requirements

Anybody want to buy a stack of Red Sea Stars?

+ Reply to Thread