• 1 Post By Rodarin
  • 2 Post By charliekelly
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 3 Post By Rodarin
  • 1 Post By Valzen
  • 2 Post By Valzen
  • 1 Post By Rodarin
  • 1 Post By firebolts

Thread: Is there anything that looks like dirt?

Shield of Telara

Default Is there anything that looks like dirt?

Or something that looks like the ground without using ground cover? Darker brown and some texture maybe?

Whenever I do a flower garden, I grab one of the old Bookcases (either wide or narrow) and push it face down (book side to the ground) then wall it off. Works quite well as a base dirt effect to add plants on.
    Dimension Builder.

Jet Boulders are good for a dark ground.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Plane Touched

If you use a sky projector, it will apply an ambient light from both above and below. I've used the fire projector or earth projector to turn large swaths of otherwise grey objects (like granite) a slightly dirt-colored brown.

As Jaedor mentioned, jet boulders also work especially well for mounds of earth.

Shield of Telara

tried a few rocks they work OK will stick with the, I guess.

Speaking of rocks what is the biggest flattest rock to fill in an area to tray and make a level building area? Been using the sandy mushroom but they dont cover a lot of area.

i used rusty outcrop for my garden

http://i.imgur.com/U7E1ewt.jpg?1

the rest of the area i filled with leafy boulders. big and flat, sort of look dirt-ish.
    Last edited by charliekelly; 10-30-2013 at 05:25 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rodarin View Post
    tried a few rocks they work OK will stick with the, I guess.

Speaking of rocks what is the biggest flattest rock to fill in an area to tray and make a level building area? Been using the sandy mushroom but they dont cover a lot of area.
    The rectangular Ashoran mountain, turned on its side is very long, fairly wide and mostly flat on all but one corner. At max size it's HUGE. If you're building on top it, any unevenness in the rock will be hidden by your structure/building/etc. Since it's a sandy rock, the sand will also be on top, no matter which way you turn it, so you'll still have sand and not the rock (if that makes any sense ). Yes, it's very expensive, but one of these rocks could easily take the place of a dozen or more of the mushrooms, so maybe it kind of evens out.
    Last edited by Feendish; 10-30-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Shield of Telara

cool, yeah fooling around in the core and have tried a few things but want something a little different. Just not sure if I want to go that drastic or not. 61 credits for the mountain isnt horrible though. I did look at it but couldnt tell how big it was. The 'enormous. one is not flat but I imagine it would fill in a lot of area.

I have used the leafy rocks but I am putting them in a raised area so cant have so much sticking down from underneath.

Shield of Telara

FWIW a Ember Isle Mineral Pool upside down fits all the stuff I was looking for, its flatter and a lot bigger than any of the mountains or rocks you can get and it has a definite earthy look in the brown areas, and enough green here and there to make a decent base for ground cover.

The large (fished up) Ember Isle palm tree turned upside down makes a perfect flat surface that has beiges, greens and browns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zywen View Post
    The large (fished up) Ember Isle palm tree turned upside down makes a perfect flat surface that has beiges, greens and browns.
    Meant to add this earlier. The tree (bottom) gets huge. Looks more green in the dim I'm showing, though. Usually it's more light brown in color:
    Is there anything that looks like dirt?-2013-11-03_161817.jpg

Shield of Telara

yeah that might be better than the pool. Pool looks OK but a little striated.

if you want a great sandy looking area? the largest item that I have used, seeing and coved parts of my dimension in was The sandy rectangular Ashoran mountain believe it says sandy on it too and their is a sandy tab options in the rift store too under rocks... =) hope that helps=)

here's a picture of the sand I used only two to cover that area of my big bike.=) and more all over the dimension.
    Is there anything that looks like dirt?-2013-10-05_224005.jpg

Shield of Telara

I had the ashoran first but too sandy looking for what I wanted. Upside down palm trees look better than the upside down pools but theyre not nearly as big.

Just have to figure out how to cover up the lines that dont look natural.

oh ok=) you wanted green house kind of dirt=o then ;D got ya =D

+ Reply to Thread