• 4 Post By icbleu
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Seyler
  • 1 Post By Akhor
  • 1 Post By icbleu
  • 2 Post By Treble

Thread: Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home

Default Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home

Welcome everyone to another informative (read:long-winded) post about my newest dimension. This is Dimension #2! (/celebrate)

I just finished the Deepwood Cottage despite a craaazy low item limit, Toolbox giving me sass and my own somewhat fumble-fingered limitations. Please come by and visit Nestle Down, enjoy the lake view and take a swim! I encourage everyone to have a look and give a +1 if you like what you see. Also, if anyone is interested, my first Dimension, illumine’s Elvenhome, is now on Faeblight realm in case you were interested in seeing my first mad scientist style dim (and helping out with my charity drive to replace my lost +1’s).

I wanted to make Nestle Down a cozy get-a-way retreat. A mix between a lovely lake house and a vineyard estate reminiscent of something you might come across in Sonoma County, CA. But, seemingly inevitable storytelling forces have twisted my lovely cottage into something darker… more sinister. I THINK THERE IS SOMETHING KILLING PEOPLE UNDER THE LAKE.

But of course, that is only folk-tales. Something the locals tell each other late in the evenings at the local pub to keep kids from having late-night swim parties and keeping the sheep awake... or is it...?

Anyway, without further ado, I present, illumine:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-1-wave-pic.jpg

Hello everyone. Nice to see you all again. I was on my way to level 60 when the master commanded me to stop my questing and attend to this communique. It’s killing me, it really is.. I am 59 and all that, and she still bosses me around like I am only 40! Pfft.

Well, fine. Lets just do this and get it out of the way. Hailol is calling and I have a date at 7pm with a Satyr I met last night called Rollo.. he is so cool, he has promised to take me to see the fae band after we hit 60...

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-2-mount-pic.jpg

As you can see from my well stocked mount, I am a battle-hardened campaigner now who has seen plenty of conflict and death. I have no idea why the master chose me to talk about her childhood vacation home. I suspect it has something to do with a lack of facial scars or whatever. Anyway, we are here.

Welcome to Nestle Down. Careful as you step out of the portal…

The main room is tastefully decorated, and a welcoming fire is laid out and ready for your enjoyment.

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-4-couch.jpg

The dining accommodations are humble but spacious - ready for snacking during a board game, or a meal or anything you desire.

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-5-dining.jpg

Mistress Nilhilya’s room. Master says this room is decorated in her honor as it was her work that inspired her to make this room up this way. All I know is I am not allowed in this room anymore after ‘The Incident’ with my pet badger.

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-6-upstairs-bedroom.jpg

Some rooms in this house are shut forever, and the master does not speak of what happened inside them. I for one, think we should open them up and discover what exactly is being hid behind those intriguing doors.

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-7-locked-rooms.jpg

The master’s study from back when she was just a youth is still set up just the same as it always was. A library worthy of the finest universities! Just look at those stacks!! Master was just beginning her innovative studies into Magitech and the wonders of dragon power…

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-9-study.jpg

Making apple pies in the kitchen.

Here at Nestle Down, it’s important to the master to keep seasonally fresh foods on hand for entertaining. As you can see, we are harvesting pumpkins this month and will be preparing spice breads all week long.

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-10-kitchen.jpg

Just outside the main house, off the kitchen deck, we keep a little herb and veggie garden under the zinfandel arbor on the hillside. The soil is better on the hill for wine grapes and produces a high-caliber wine that is famous in these parts.

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-11-kitchen-garden.jpg

Under the house is our lovely wine cellar where we store and press all our award-winning wines and brandies. Go down and have a look around, the ladder is still set up from the barrel tasting party we held here last week.

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-12-underhouse-cave.jpg

No visit is complete without a trip to the formal gardens

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-14-formal-gardens.jpg

And a quick dip in the lake...

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-15-lake-long-view.jpg

Please note the pub is closed this week for renovations and repairs. Apparently guests got quite rowdy last week after sampling so much wine. Some guests went swimming and never came back! Naturally this upset the locals who then grabbed their pitchforks and torches and proceeded to trash the place. Something about twisted monstrous things escaping into the lake and feeding off the locals and their sheep. Honestly, I don't know where they get their imaginations! Haha, don't pay mind to that kind of goings on, everyone knows the master keeps her ‘little experiments’ on a short leash. It’s perfectly SAFE. really. Trust me.

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-16-pub.jpg

Well here we are. on the lake at last and in the boat house. After your swim, maybe you’d like to play some games up in the house or simply go fishing? Either way, you are here to relax! So let’s do some swimming. I suggest leaving your valuables and items that might rust or weather unkindly to the water here in the boathouse and taking your swim from the base of this handy boat ramp. Just.. enjoy the water.. and you know.. EXPLORE….

Nestle Down, a Deepwood vineyard and lakeside home-17-boat-house.jpg
    Come and knock on my door...
    Elvenhome (Totally NOT a dragoncult) | Nestle Down

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. - Marthe Troly-Curtin, 1912

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Love the story that goes with these wonderful pics.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Wow this is some gorgeous dimension! Have to check it in person. And totally gonna explore what's under the lake

I really loved your first dimension! But I've been slacking on my tours again so thanks for the pics You've done a great job again, I hope I'll get the time to stop by soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Seyler View Post
    Wow this is some gorgeous dimension! Have to check it in person. And totally gonna explore what's under the lake
    And she hasnt returned... hmm. another guest that decided to not return after swimming... Maybe they are all just having SO MUCH FUN under that lake, that they refuse to return to the lake house...?

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    I really loved your first dimension! But I've been slacking on my tours again so thanks for the pics You've done a great job again, I hope I'll get the time to stop by soon!
    Thanks for the compliment! It is much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Love the story that goes with these wonderful pics.
    Thank you

I have to admit, with limiting myself to 14 pictures I had to omit some of the best parts of the dim to make the forums story have cohesion. I am kinda hoping people go and see it - partly because I feel bad I skipped so many details in the post

Quote Originally Posted by icbleu View Post
    Thank you

I have to admit, with limiting myself to 14 pictures I had to omit some of the best parts of the dim to make the forums story have cohesion. I am kinda hoping people go and see it - partly because I feel bad I skipped so many details in the post
    I have visited your new dimension, it is very pretty. Like you, I also have a vineyard (Sea Myst Cottages on Laethys). I love them.

Bella
    Last edited by DLPS; 11-09-2013 at 05:46 AM.

I really enjoyed this. I've been waiting pretty impatiently to see someone complete a Deepwood Cottage with a non-Halloween focus. Can't say how pleased I am to see the potentially lovely setting done justice.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread