+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree17Likes
  • 16 Post By charliekelly
  • 1 Post By charliekelly

Thread: My Neighbor Totoro Dimension

Default My Neighbor Totoro Dimension

This is based entirely on the movie My Neighbor Totoro. It was one of my favorite movies growing up, so I wanted to provide a little nostalgia for anyone else that had seen it. Hopefully there is enough here to enjoy it even if you haven't seen it, though some stuff won't make much sense unless you have. The house itself is as close of a copy as I was able to make. Everything is to scale, every room is there where it should be and the items and furniture are placed as closely as I can decipher from the film. The only room not accessible is the small nook of a bathroom that only contains a toilet, seemed pointless so the door is closed. Obviously some things had to be adjusted slightly given the limitations of Rift, but hopefully stuff looks familiar.

The dimension itself contains the house from the film with some small landmarks from around the house. There is also a pathway that leads to the camphor tree, and a hole in the tree itself that leads to Totoro's place.

A few comparison shots.
    My Neighbor Totoro Dimension-mpc-hc-2013-10-28-19-57-52-57.jpg
    My Neighbor Totoro Dimension-rift-2013-10-28-19-58-29-10.jpg
    My Neighbor Totoro Dimension-mpc-hc-2013-10-28-20-00-16-84.jpg
    My Neighbor Totoro Dimension-rift-2013-10-28-20-00-00-42.jpgMy Neighbor Totoro Dimension-mpc-hc-2013-10-28-20-01-39-25.jpgMy Neighbor Totoro Dimension-rift-2013-10-28-20-01-32-61.jpg

Short video tour for those interested.
    http://youtu.be/-4ai6yMMrdA

Movie IMDB
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096283/
    Last edited by charliekelly; 10-28-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    This is based entirely on the movie My Neighbor Totoro. It was one of my favorite movies growing up, so I wanted to provide a little nostalgia for anyone else that had seen it. Hopefully there is enough here to enjoy it even if you haven't seen it, though some stuff won't make much sense unless you have. The house itself is as close of a copy as I was able to make. Everything is to scale, every room is there where it should be and the items and furniture are placed as closely as I can decipher from the film. The only room not accessible is the small nook of a bathroom that only contains a toilet, seemed pointless so the door is closed. Obviously some things had to be adjusted slightly given the limitations of Rift, but hopefully stuff looks familiar.

The dimension itself contains the house from the film with some small landmarks from around the house. There is also a pathway that leads to the camphor tree, and a hole in the tree itself that leads to Totoro's place.

A few comparison shots.
    Attachment 15298
    Attachment 15297
    Attachment 15295
    Attachment 15296Attachment 15293Attachment 15294

Short video tour for those interested.
    http://youtu.be/-4ai6yMMrdA

Movie IMDB
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096283/
    Looks like a super cute dimension! What shard are you on? I'd like to see it if it's open

greybriar, yah its open.

Had the pleasure of visiting this dimension. So many bits I really liked.

the sink
    the cracked earth in the garden plot
    the study. omg

Plane Walker

another great dimension

Was over here the other night on an alt and it's terrific. The study is fabulous for capturing energy and flavor, and there are some fantastic morphs in the kitchen and bath. And in addition to all that, the tree, the pathing and setting. Great job and easy +1 from me!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Default Love it

We were all so excited to be invited to visit the finished "My Neighbor Totoro Dimension". The attention to detail is just amazing even without knowing the movie you will thoroughly be in awe of such dimensional workmanship.

That is super cute and very awesome!

I love it! Beautiful and cute, lovely atmosphere, nice details... I fell down the rabbithole three times I liked it so much
    I haven't seen the movie, but now I want to.

Also if you are on the shard and want other dimensions to check out, here's a shameless plug for my other one.

Midnight in Kyoto

Thanks for the invite and guided tour!

Truly an incredible detailed recreation of "My Neighbor Totoro"! Love it! +1

~ Stargate Dreams ~
    ........................ & ....................... ~ MOONLIGHT FALLS ~

Created by Stickybuds@Wolfsbane

Oh wow! I love everything by Miyazaki! I have to come visit your Totoro dim! Hmm, I should do a Howl's moving castle dim!!

Your Midnight in Kyoto dim is amazing as well! I've visited that one before!

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Oh wow! I love everything by Miyazaki! I have to come visit your Totoro dim! Hmm, I should do a Howl's moving castle dim!!

Your Midnight in Kyoto dim is amazing as well! I've visited that one before!
    okay you do howl, ill do the place from spirited away.

+ Reply to Thread