+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Silir

Thread: Making dimensions useful instead of just eye candy.

Default Making dimensions useful instead of just eye candy.

I was thinking that instead of just having decorations for dimensions that maybe if there are enough comments on this thread that we could get some useful things added like purchasable crafting trainers, class trainers, auctioneers, bankers and crafting tables (Loom, Forge, etc). This way if you're out completing quests, and need to empty the inventory or you hit a level where you know new gear is available you can simply go to your dimension instead of having to run to the nearest city, to have to teleport to a major city. If this is already available could someone please let me know where ?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Hi there

There has been many statements already from Trion Designers that crafting stations will not be implemented into Dimensions. Beng a patron is the way to go now to use guild banks, personal banks, class trainers, mail boxes as well as under the Rift Store > Services you will find the Brevanic Portal Generator with a CD of one hour but there are also Portal Generator Batteries to refresh this CD as well as your Planar Attunement to give you ports in Mathosia.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-27-2013 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hi there

There has been many statements already from Trion Designers that crafting stations will not be implemented into Dimensions.
    The main reason being that by incorporating such features would be the loss of the requirement to visit the capital cities. A shame, I know, as I would love to have crafting tables in my dimension to escape the blight which is massive populations in capital cities.
    Dimension Builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldracos View Post
    purchasable crafting trainers, class trainers, auctioneers, bankers and crafting tables (Loom, Forge, etc).
    I used to think the same way as you. EQ2 implemented this and the capital cities are completely empty except for a few new players. All the players are hiding in their guild houses. It makes the game seem... dead. Even when there are still a lot of high level players very active.

I think if those features in EQ2 had a different outcome, Trion might have been persuaded otherwise. But they had a pretty bad example and I'm sure Trion won't be following.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldracos View Post
    need to empty the inventory
    Open the Rift Store ] anywhere, select a category like "Storage" and there's a sell button at the bottom. You can sell from anywhere.

+ Reply to Thread