+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Onebutton
  • 1 Post By Wonk
  • 2 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Guild Dimension Larger +1 and Message section

Default Guild Dimension Larger +1 and Message section

I was thinking it might be nice to add in a Bigger spot or more obvious spot for people to give out the Plus 1s for the guild dimensions/personal dimensions.. It is kinda small and a lot of people throughout my time running a guild have asked where it is lol.

Second thing to include would be a guest book or comment area so people could leave comments on things they liked and didn't like perhaps. The guild owner could keep the entries there or delete them if they were offensive or something.

Just a couple thoughts to improve dimensions!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    I was thinking it might be nice to add in a Bigger spot or more obvious spot for people to give out the Plus 1s for the guild dimensions/personal dimensions.. It is kinda small and a lot of people throughout my time running a guild have asked where it is lol.

Second thing to include would be a guest book or comment area so people could leave comments on things they liked and didn't like perhaps. The guild owner could keep the entries there or delete them if they were offensive or something.

All good, I'd add a list of current visitors and last 24hr.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post

I personally would like to see the +1 system gone completely, but it's trying to think of what could work in its place as it would be great to continue having a way to see Dimensions and give encouragement and praise to builders. I have two thoughts:

1) The +1 system might be more supportive if All Time Public was refreshed every 6 months or once a year and then a drop down choice for category like:

Guild
    PvP
    House
    Castle
    Event
    Game
    Theme
    Roleplay
    Rift Lore
    General

To go with the title you give your Dimension. (On EU shards this is already implemented as they put what it is before their title so something to do in the meantime.) That way when someone searches they can just choose the category in the search.

2) Perhaps in place of the +1 systems something like Guild Finder where you register your Dimension choose one of the categories above, give it a description, built date, built by who, list of shards it's been on perhaps, extra features. The Guild Finder is a great tool already in game that I wonder if it could be tweaked for Dimensions including the sending mail to this person like the recruitment mail however this could discourage more than encourage so maybe all it does is send your name so a person knows you've been there? A lot of people send in game mail.

Food for thought, what do you think?
    Nice to see you Fixu
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-27-2013 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I personally would like to see the +1 system gone completely, but it's trying to think of what could work in its place as it would be great to continue having a way to see Dimensions and give encouragement and praise to builders. I have two thoughts:

1) The +1 system might be more supportive if All Time Public was refreshed every 6 months or once a year and then a drop down choice for category like:

Guild
    PvP
    House
    Castle
    Event
    Game
    Theme
    Roleplay
    Rift Lore
    General

To go with the title you give your Dimension. (On EU shards this is already implemented as they put what it is before their title so something to do in the meantime.) That way when someone searches they can just choose the category in the search.

2) Perhaps in place of the +1 systems something like Guild Finder where you register your Dimension choose one of the categories above, give it a description, built date, built by who, list of shards it's been on perhaps, extra features. The Guild Finder is a great tool already in game that I wonder if it could be tweaked for Dimensions including the sending mail to this person like the recruitment mail however this could discourage more than encourage so maybe all it does is send your name so a person knows you've been there? A lot of people send in game mail.

Food for thought, what do you think?
    Nice to see you Fixu
    KIWI !!!!!

Great ideas as usual from you.. I really think they could rework some of the featured about the guild itself with more columns for things like Join Date, Hours played, etc. etc., and the dimension with a minimum of a guestbook or comment log and some of the other things you all have mentioned.

One other thing that seems simple, but who knows lol, would be to allow people to be invited into a guild dimension by maybe the leader. I am not sure why that is not implemented now since you can do that in personal dims.

BTW i am leaving you (Kiwi) a PM in your box...
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Just last night I was thinking the same thing with a description box. Like many others, I am working on my new gloamwood dim and have a bit of a story going on inside, however no way to tell it. A description or even enough room for a small story regarding the dimension would be a great feature to add.

And even though it is still a work in progress folks are free to visit Gloomy Gables on Wolfsbane under the character Shadina.
    Seltara ~ Defiant

+ Reply to Thread