+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Foxfire

Thread: No Night Phase in Deepwood Cottage Dim?

Soulwalker

Default No Night Phase in Deepwood Cottage Dim?

So, I'm going to assume it's not just me but Deepwood Cottage has no Night Phase does it? I'm not sure if it's a bug or if they just forgot to turn it on or something, but it really kind of sucks. I mean, Gloamwood itself has a Night Phase.

And yes, the dimension is dark with a giant moon and perpetual night anyway BUT without a night phase the Nightglow dimension items never ever come on. My lampposts and Nightglow windows look so sad never glowing.

Anyhow, just wanting to make sure it's not just some weird bug with mine and if not maybe suggest that they turn on the night phase button ;)

Fantastic dimension other than that one little detail though.

Hm I may be wrong but I think the new full moon projector does the same thing. I could barely see what I was building for the darkness in my Faen's today, then switched to my storage Faen's and whoah so much brightness there (the moon projector was in the storage dim).

Soulwalker

Yeah, the new Autumn Harvest projector gives the same sky as the one in the Deepwood Cottage dimension...so it looks like it's always night time, but the time cycle in dimensions using projectors still follow the game world's day and night cycles.

I don't think Deepwood Cottage follows those cycles because I've checked during the game night cycles twice now and the Nightglow items never come on in that particular dimension. Maybe I'm wrong about Gloamwood itself following day and night cycles, but I could have sworn it's a bit darker there during the night cycle. (And since the dimension is built off that zone you'd think it would follow the same cycles).

Anyhow, whatever...it's a minor gripe. I just like my Nightglow items. *shrugs*

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Nightglow windows and lamps with a night cycle don't turn on in the Halls of Shaping either. I placed a stone flask tavern building in the Hall and the light shone on the decking from the windows but the windows themselves were dark.

That would seem to be a bug. Wonder if Deepwood Cottage has the same bug?

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygenation View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong about Gloamwood itself following day and night cycles, but I could have sworn it's a bit darker there during the night cycle. (And since the dimension is built off that zone you'd think it would follow the same cycles).
    Wasn't it mentioned in one of the recent patch notes that Gloamwood "became a bit less gloomy"? Maybe the bug is there.

And now I tested the projector, yes it makes the nightglow lamp dark even at night, so same effect. For me at least.

The newer sky projectors and dimensions seem to have a conflict with the nightglow windows and lamps. I've been unsuccessful getting nightglows to work in Edge of Infinity, Deepwood Cottage and/or any dimension using a Space Sky Projector, Autumn Harvest Sky Projector or Conquest Sky Projector.

There isn't an issue between nightglows and the elemental sky projectors unless you apply them to a dimension that already has the space sky or harvest moon sky. And then they turn off.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Default Now I am sad....

I did so love that huge harvest moon in my Moonshade and Auditorium Carnos dimensions, but unfortunately, I have nightglow things there that I am just not willing to have stay dark. After I read these posts about it and checked it out, I had to remove those two projectors. I did keep one in my Kestrel's dimension because not that much was affected there.

Could we possibly get a response from Faratha as to whether or not the problem can be fixed? I really hope it can......

+ Reply to Thread