+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Refinn
  • 1 Post By Fredelas
  • 1 Post By stickybudz
  • 1 Post By Kiwi

Thread: Folks building outside there dim

Default Folks building outside there dim

I have noticed an increase of folks building things outside there dim, Running past or blinking past the green screen. is this the new normal and if so why do it? I asked a guildee why they did it and they said because they can. Do we know if they are gonna fix this or is it something we have to live with. Let me know ty

Plane Touched

Faratha (a Trion employee) has told us that placing items significantly outside the green boundaries negatively impacts the performance for every dimension on the shard. It seems the dimension instances may be optimized for their specific intended sizes.

It's easy to take visitors outside the boundaries now (intentionally or unintentionally) using the Sagespire Tower with Elevator item. But every time someone does this, it can have an effect on everyone else's dimension, so it's strongly discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    Faratha (a Trion employee) has told us that placing items significantly outside the green boundaries negatively impacts the performance for every dimension on the shard. It seems the dimension instances may be optimized for their specific intended sizes.

It's easy to take visitors outside the boundaries now (intentionally or unintentionally) using the Sagespire Tower with Elevator item. But every time someone does this, it can have an effect on everyone else's dimension, so it's strongly discouraged.
    Oh wow! Didn't know it impacted on everyone else's dims. I don't build outside the walls in fear of errors or items going missing, so I'm all good

~ Stargate Dreams ~
    ........................ & ....................... ~ MOONLIGHT FALLS ~

Created by Stickybuds@Wolfsbane

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Information Fredelas is referring to:

Kiwi: The Green Boundary in Dimensions – What is the purpose of this boundary and with the new elevator esp that takes you beyond this boundary is building beyond a restriction? Dimensioneers often experience builds collapsing or are afraid they will lose items beyond this boundary.

Faratha: The green cylinders that encapsulate most dimensions are less a physical restriction than a thematic one. Why have them?

* We want you to have a good sense of where your dimensions are. We want to show you the space we think is the most fun work with. The invisible boundary walls can’t communicate this very well.

* We guarantee a nice view from anywhere inside the cylinder. Outside the cylinder, you might be able to see over the edge of the terrain, or into areas we’ve stripped of objects for better framerate.

* We guarantee that you’ll have “your own slice of Telara” inside the cylinder. Outside it, we often remove objects, making the location less recognizable.

* We want you to put most of your dimension items inside the cylinder. The more you place outside of it, the more it can affect system performance – not just for you but for everyone on your server!

Click for: Interview with Faratha @Rift Dream Dimensions.

+ Reply to Thread