+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Feendish

Thread: Mystery Chair

Default Mystery Chair

I have scoured every Rift website I can think of looking for this chair, but with no luck. I believe it must be one of the new world drops, but I have no idea which zone it comes from. The name of it is just "Mahogany Chair" and as you can see it is similar to the Sturdy Mahogany Chair that comes from fishing chests. I have only seen three of them...one was in someone's dimension, and I was lucky enough to find two on the AH, and I grabbed both of them.

Can anyone tell me where this chair comes from?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mystery Chair-2013-10-22_200409.jpg  

Plane Touched

Unfortunately, none of the new world-drop dimension items are listed in Trion's published discovery data, so it's impossible for us to even guess where it comes from based on the levels of players who discovered it.

I suggest next time you see it on the AH (I've never seen it on Threesprings), you send a mail message to the seller asking if they remember what zone they found it in.

Looks a bit similar to this one:

http://riftdimensionaddicts.com/?q=node/345

Acquired From: Fishing Cache
    Binding: Unbound
    Rarity: Common
    Tags:
    Fished Up
    Furniture
    Iron Pine Peak

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    Unfortunately, none of the new world-drop dimension items are listed in Trion's published discovery data, so it's impossible for us to even guess where it comes from based on the levels of players who discovered it.

I suggest next time you see it on the AH (I've never seen it on Threesprings), you send a mail message to the seller asking if they remember what zone they found it in.
    Yes, I realize that only someone who had actually gotten one of the chairs could answer this right now. Unfortunately I was so excited to find them on the AH at the time I didn't think to check with the seller and of course now I don't remember who it was. Plus, everyone who gets one of these is not likely to want to sell it if they like building dimensions themselves, so it could be a while before one shows up there again. However I definitely will do that next time if no one here can answer the question

Quote Originally Posted by Silir View Post
    Looks a bit similar to this one:

http://riftdimensionaddicts.com/?q=node/345

Acquired From: Fishing Cache
    Binding: Unbound
    Rarity: Common
    Tags:
    Fished Up
    Furniture
    Iron Pine Peak
    Yes, it does a little, but definitely not the same chair. Having two GM fishermen myself, I can confirm the new chair does not come from fishing chests I wish it did!!;-)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I want to say the one person I know who got one had it drop in Freemarch, but that may not be entirely accurate. I do know there is a chair that drops in Freemarch that isn't bad at all, but not quite the same.

I've got one of each in my test/storage dim on Greybriar (Bara's Research, that has public permissions to move and place and currently looks like a combination of Lowe's, WalMart and any neighborhood junkyard ). Feel free to go in and play with stuff.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    I want to say the one person I know who got one had it drop in Freemarch, but that may not be entirely accurate. I do know there is a chair that drops in Freemarch that isn't bad at all, but not quite the same.

I've got one of each in my test/storage dim on Greybriar (Bara's Research, that has public permissions to move and place and currently looks like a combination of Lowe's, WalMart and any neighborhood junkyard ). Feel free to go in and play with stuff.
    Well there is one that does drop in Freemarch, but it's a lot different from this one. I guess it's possible that both could, though

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Well there is one that does drop in Freemarch, but it's a lot different from this one. I guess it's possible that both could, though
    Might be a Silverwood thing then, it does look a bit more High-Elven.

Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

Default Update...

I found one of these chairs again on the AH, and this time I mailed the seller to ask where it was from. She said it was from Gloamwood. I can't confirm it myself, but she seemed to be sure. Will update again if I personally find one.

Any news as to where this chair actually comes from?

~ TWITCH.TV ~

Quote Originally Posted by Tauriell View Post
    Any news as to where this chair actually comes from?
    Afraid not...I've farmed Gloamwood some, but haven't gotten any drops at all lately. I just have that one person's word for it that she got it there.

Just checked the dimensionsaddicts website and found your chair....

http://dimensionaddicts.com/?q=node/1571

still no confirmed details of where it can drop.
    Leyanyar & Taresys: Nocte Eterna Zaviel EU - Zanthas, Lalena, Corrach & Cyanese : The Templars Faeblight NA - Lalenadd & Cyanesel: RDD Road Trip on Laethys NA
    Dimensions: Cyanesel - RDDAnhkor Pools, Zanthas - Zanthas Apothercary WIP Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread