+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Cartwheels
  • 2 Post By ilex011

Thread: Murder Mystery Event? Anyone interested?

Default Murder Mystery Event? Anyone interested?

Hello, hello, hello and hello to all you fancy rifters. So being both a newcomer to RIFT, joining just a few months ago, a rather passionate Halloween enthusiast, in a country that barely recognises it, I came up with the idea of a Murder Mystery event open to anyone willing.

I haven't really planned anything per se since I've never really done a murder mystery party in real life, but I thought that with all the crazy awesome stuff that people make in their dimensions it would be cool to organise a little role-play murder mystery fun in celebration of both Halloween and Autumn Harvest.

Just interested if anyone else would enjoy participating in an event like this. Might give organising an event a go if enough people are interesting in participating/helping

Cartwheels -
    "People already live in car homes, the next logical step can only be tank homes."

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

This sounds like a lot of fun. Count me in if the timing's right.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

I like this idea!

In my very first online game, UO, we used to have many player-planned events and I used to do scavenger hunts, parties and such but Rift is quite a bit more limited to what we can do, place, etc., but I think we'd be up for such an event.

Good idea!

oooOOOoo yeah! as a Necro I have Feign Death so I can be the victim if you like! Blood even spurts out of my head!
    I mean, we can all be there chatting and having a nice dinner and then BOOM- dead ilexx!
    Last edited by ilex011; 10-23-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Quote Originally Posted by Solemn2013 View Post
    I like this idea!

In my very first online game, UO, we used to have many player-planned events and I used to do scavenger hunts, parties and such but Rift is quite a bit more limited to what we can do, place, etc., but I think we'd be up for such an event.

Good idea!
    A scavenger hunt would be doable in Rift, inside dimensions. The "host" could list their dims to search through, and a list of what to find (weird stuff, that would be obvious when you saw it I mean. mini sourcestones, doll in a basket of carrots, etc)- but not where!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    oooOOOoo yeah! as a Necro I have Feign Death so I can be the victim if you like! Blood even spurts out of my head!
    I mean, we can all be there chatting and having a nice dinner and then BOOM- dead ilexx!
    That sounds incredible awesome and potentially fantasmically hilarious

Cartwheels -
    "People already live in car homes, the next logical step can only be tank homes."

It seems as though these kind of creative events are a bit missing (or maybe I'm just missing out on them,) so maybe I'll compile a list of ideas and what we'd need in a slightly more organised manner and see how it goes.

Procrastination awaaaaaaaayyyyy!

Cartwheels -

RIFT Fan Site Operator

There are many events that occur though mainly on Faeblight on NA shards being the Rp server and they are often advertised at : www.faeblightunited.com

I also highlight Dimension events & have been involved in planning a few:
    Events Highlighted @ RDD

or there are often events advertised here on forums like this one was:
    All Hallows Eve Gunbad Guild @Shatterbone Oct 26/27

Have fun and feel free to contact me if you'd like me to highlight or chat. Heh made me smile seeing this as Whodunnit nights are popular in New Zealand where I went to a couple. So funny.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-27-2013 at 06:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread