+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By Jibeley
  • 1 Post By Katriell

Thread: Due to the upcoming shard merging of Argent (RP). Dimension kick and block option.

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Jibeley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    29

    Default Due to the upcoming shard merging of Argent (RP). Dimension kick and block option.

    With the upcoming server merges. And the fact the last EU RP server is closing, and we are being shipped off to zaviel. I wanted to bring this us up again to try and get some traction on it.

    Myself and others use the dimensions alot for RP, since by there nature it allows us to create and change an area to suit what we need it for. But i fear that with more servers merging, and more RPers retreating inside dimensions, you will get folk who want to troll some of the more popular or active RP hubs.

    One suggestion i came up with, was linking a persons dimension to there ignore list. Currently you can allow friends, guild mates to change things within your own dimension. So why not extend that feature, so that if someone is on your ignore/block list. They cant gain entry to your dimension.

    I realize this has been mentioned before, if not a few times. But thought i would post a thread for it, in the hope it catches a devs eye.
    Zaviel - East Telaran Company
    Dims. Braigh Mharr town, winter wonderland, Village and airship goliath.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jibeley View Post
    With the upcoming server merges. And the fact the last EU RP server is closing, and we are being shipped off to zaviel. I wanted to bring this us up again to try and get some traction on it.

    Myself and others use the dimensions alot for RP, since by there nature it allows us to create and change an area to suit what we need it for. But i fear that with more servers merging, and more RPers retreating inside dimensions, you will get folk who want to troll some of the more popular or active RP hubs.

    One suggestion i came up with, was linking a persons dimension to there ignore list. Currently you can allow friends, guild mates to change things within your own dimension. So why not extend that feature, so that if someone is on your ignore/block list. They cant gain entry to your dimension.

    I realize this has been mentioned before, if not a few times. But thought i would post a thread for it, in the hope it catches a devs eye.
    I thought there was a friends list on dimensions people could use.
    Guild - Mutiny @ Greybriar
    Spannx (Rogue)
    Spannz (Cleric)
    Spannage (Mage)
    Outfitter 375 - Butcher 375 - Survival 375 - Fishing 375

  3. #3
    Shadowlander Jibeley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Span View Post
    I thought there was a friends list on dimensions people could use.
    You can set a dimension so its private. And then folk on your friends list can only enter. But this means it doesn't appear on the all time/weekly lists, folk cant enter and use it if there not on the persons friend list. And means you have to add every single person that wants to use the place. A worse case scenario is making it private. But then that means adding a bunch of folk to my friends list i don't actually know haha.

    It how ever the best option for now to just private a dim if its been hassled.
    Zaviel - East Telaran Company
    Dims. Braigh Mharr town, winter wonderland, Village and airship goliath.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker Katriell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I support this suggestion. Players in multiplayer games should always have adequate means with which to protect themselves from harassment. Giving them simple tools like dimension visitor kicking and blocking would keep a lot of issues from having to be escalated to Trion CS.
    Last edited by Katriell; 10-17-2013 at 05:55 AM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,279

    Default

    I would think this should be easy enough to implement, the dimensions already have the settings tied to your freinds list. How hard could it be to tie into the ignore list?

  6. #6
    Telaran Ernbrecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    90

    Default

    This is a feature that's already been missing gravely and with the loss of the last RP shard it is seriously high time something is done about this. Setting a dimension to guild member and/or friends only is not really an option for an active and open RP community.

    Custom chat channel owners and moderators can kick and ban people from their channels. Raid leaders and assists can kick people from their groups. Dimension owners should be able to do the same for their dimensions. Especially since other than private chat channels and raid groups a dimension needs to be public in order for open RP to work.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernbrecht View Post
    Especially since other than private chat channels and raid groups a dimension needs to be public in order for open RP to work.
    The only time I found the concept of "open RP" work well is when the server was dedicated to RP only with special rules enforced. Otherwise, since the dawn of man, griefers will be plentiful to always interfere.

    There are other approaches to implement the "open RP" concept and that is...

    I have always just joined guilds that RP'd and then our guild would make alliances with other RP guilds and this community structure would be our "open RP".

    It would be nice to have a " Friends from a Guild " restriction on dimensions, that is much like the "Friends only" restriction except more broad when it involves guild alliances.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts