+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Ojiwah
  • 2 Post By Ojiwah
  • 1 Post By Ojiwah

Thread: Jowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)

Default Jowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)

Hi everyone!

I've just completed an extensive renovation on my (Jowita's) enormous A-frame holiday "cottage"/lodge (on Faeblight), and I'd love it if you stopped by! Here's what's included in your package should you decide to stay (hee hee):

1. Enormous self-serve kitchen, fully stocked for the holidays
    2. Beautiful Jacuzzi on the main level with nearby fireplace / reading room
    3. Bed and fireplace on main level, adjacent to war-room (for those adventurers who enjoy planning battles over their holidays)
    4. Eating hall / bar / lounge on the upper level, with your favorite barkeep Nico to keep the refreshments...well, fresh! Also a fireplace on this level.
    5. Top level amenities include two master suites adjoined by a long hallway with eating tables. One suite boasts a toilet. Both suites can easily accommodate your entire family. One suite has six bunk beds and a access to a full balcony; the other suite has four bunk beds and a queen-sized bed (and the forementioned bathroom!), and also a full balcony.
    6. Observation deck on the highest level, with telescope.

In keeping with the holiday tradition, Burntside Mountain Lodge boasts two holiday trees (with presents, no less!), and lots of snow outside to keep the kiddies busy! There is also a holiday tree outside, on the way up to the lodge, but some naughty elves tried tipping it over, and we decided to let it be.

Here are a few pics to whet your appetites:

Jowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)-2013-10-04_002629.jpgJowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)-2013-10-04_181447.jpgJowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)-2013-10-04_181406.jpgJowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)-2013-10-04_181310.jpgJowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)-2013-10-04_181242.jpgJowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)-2013-10-04_181220.jpgJowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)-2013-10-04_181119.jpgJowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)-2013-10-04_180812.jpgJowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)-2013-10-04_172533.jpgJowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)-2013-10-04_181415.jpg

As the holiday season approaches, please keep Jowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge in mind for your holiday / seasonal / Yule getaway! And for goodness' sake, please leave +1 when you check out!

Jowita (Poppers, Ojiwah, Nevejo)
    "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Your update looks great. The original was one of my favorites.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Thanks, Feendish!

The original A-frame was severely limited by the 600-item limit. I mean, more than two-thirds of the items in the original structure were...well, the structure itself. Not a lot of "room" left over for decorations. If I recall correctly, the original lodge had only one bed, with a bunk bed nearby. (Now there are 10 bunk beds and 2 queens.) Happily, now that Kestrel's Cry Ravine has doubled its item count (to 1,200), the sky's (ha ha) the limit!

Jowita
    "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."

I absolutely adore A-Frames! I loved the screenies and plan to stop by to view your little place tomorrow. Cheers!
    Come and knock on my door...
    Elvenhome (Totally NOT a dragoncult) | Nestle Down

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. - Marthe Troly-Curtin, 1912

Default '

Quote Originally Posted by Joji View Post
    Looks great
    Hey, thanks! Hopefully, as the holiday season approaches, more folks will find time to stop by and maybe stay for some hot wassail....mmm....I just love the smells of Christmas.

P.S. Love your name, btw, Joji. Hee hee.
    Last edited by Ojiwah; 10-25-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Default This is really cute!

I loved the original one too I especially like your green walls in this one.

Default Harvest Sky Projector

Thanks, Foxfire!

Just wanted to share with everyone how AWESOME (cliché, yes, but--) the new Harvest Sky Projector looks in Kestrel's Cry Ravine. The moon is homogenous. And you can see stars! IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST also have the Fire Sky Projector placed in your dimension to negate the indoor snow. Want to see how it looks? Here's a pic:

Jowita's Burntside Mountain Lodge -- Now Open for the Holidays! (Faeblight)-2013-10-26_121619.jpg

Ain't it cool? (Sorry, John Travolta...hee hee)

Now to add some pumpkins and still maintain my Christmas theme....

This looks great! I've been messing with a Kestrel's for a while - so glad they upped the limit. Your's looks lovely.

Just double-checking on the Fire/Autumn sky thing. I read somewhere that if you put two sky changes in your dimension, sometimes you see one and sometimes the other. Have you had this problem?

Thanks!
    Rule #2: Double Tap

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torilund View Post
    This looks great! I've been messing with a Kestrel's for a while - so glad they upped the limit. Your's looks lovely.

Just double-checking on the Fire/Autumn sky thing. I read somewhere that if you put two sky changes in your dimension, sometimes you see one and sometimes the other. Have you had this problem?

Thanks!
    Yes. And sometimes, to make things even more interesting, two people in the dimension at the same time can see two different skies.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Must...remove...pumpkins....before Fae Yule!

Yay for December 12!

Whee...

can i move in please?

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

+ Reply to Thread