+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Nuts4Sushi
  • 1 Post By Nuts4Sushi

Thread: Sky City, Ouranotipolis (Enead@Threesprings)

Telaran

Default Sky City, Ouranotipolis (Enead@Threesprings)

I first started working on this dimension back when the Solstice Tower was added to the shop... but then real life got in the way for about a month. I've been back for a couple days and continued working on this project... As I'm approaching 1200 of the 2000 T5 item limit in the Shoreward Island Dimension, I figured now was a good time to start sharing this with everyone. So, here are 46 screenshots (currently) of Sky City, Ouranotipolis.

This is a city in the sky, held up by the original tower on Shoreward Island and several massive Kelari Pillars...

A large Hailol style garden adorns the lower elevator level...

The city square...

and from above...

The Flying Hammer Blacksmith...

Ouranotipolis Airship Hangar and Dock...

City Department Store...

Ourantipolis Inn and Suites (currently a WIP)...

Ouranotipolis Auric-Botanical Laboratories...

A private residence in Ouranotipolis (currently a WIP)...

Ouranotipolis Temple / City Walkway / The Hidden Cloud Taproom ....

http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Wo...ml?sort=9&o=42

Other random details from around town...

I have plans to add even more areas to the city once I finish the Hotel and Private Residence areas.

Please come and visit my dimension on Threesprings. I know you've seen a lot through these photos, but there are lots of other little details strewn about the area, and there's a big difference between experiencing it through photos and through the game. If you like what I've done with the place, please +1 my creation!

Dimension info -

Threesprings / Enead / Sky City, Ouranotipolis /

You should be a zone developer....seriously.

And this dimension looks hella expensive.

Telaran

Wow.... ummm.... Thank you. That sort of compliment means more than you might know.

I have put quite a bit of work into the place. And credits. lol Most of what I got from previous sub time and doing the store test on the PTS has gone into this place... although a bunch of the older items were things that I had accumulated since dimensions came out too. (But yeah, it probably was really expensive if I cared to look at it. lol I prefer to not worry about the cost since I've still got some credits to play with when they release new stuff.)

What I meant is that even with limited selection of assets, you made something that I would quite enjoy as a Sky City for player city use. Like a section for bank and AH, for crafting, for PvP, RP, all that stuff could be put into your layout for this, and the placement of items is honestly more polished feeling than Tempest Bay itself (which I still have issues with in parts of it).

I love that. It's not perfect but yeah, I'll say I'd enjoy a layout like this more than many places already in-game. (not to say I hate Tempest Bay - I think it's cool and was necessary, just not as awesome as it could be)

Telaran

That's exactly the sort of feeling I wanted to evoke with this build, honestly... like this was really an actual city... Oh if only I could put in more NPCs than the statues, the bartender, and Gartyn Hejme... (or the Guild Bank NPC, if my guild was high enough rank and I had that much cash to blow.)

BTW, just added a quick piece before heading to bed.
    A small pond garden on an extention of the walkway area. (which I may extend out the other side to go to other areas later on... who knows?! haha)

(The only issue I have with it this particular piece is that the roots to the cherry trees are just out there in the air, but I'll cover them up with boulders tomorrow...)
    Last edited by Nuts4Sushi; 10-09-2013 at 09:36 PM.

I visited this city and I am very impressed. It's a great idea I wish I had thought of it And it is done marvellously, it really has that city feel. My favorite part is that walkway. The view is nice from up there hehe. Oh and the skyship port. Love it.

Telaran

Maeloda, Seyler; You two might want to stop back by... I've updated the Airship Dock and the Laboratory Tower, and added a lower level (with a sewers area, engineering area, and a steaming bathing area) off of the walkway (it's underneath the city proper.) Hope you guys like it!

+ Reply to Thread