+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Cannot fish in Dimensions? Why?

Default Cannot fish in Dimensions? Why?

So when I got my fishing level up to 40, I wanted to fish in the Stone Flask Tavern Dimension. Unfortunately I could not fish in that dimension. I think it would of been a good idea if we could of had private fishing water... What do you think?

why do you need a private area to fish in? there is tons of water all over the place to fish in already.

the only reason i could see for wanting a private area is to hide botting from players that would otherwise report it.

now i'm not saying that is your intent, but i can't figure out any other reason.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Far as I know, fishing in dimensions was removed for a couple reasons including botting.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Far as I know, fishing in dimensions was removed for a couple reasons including botting.
    Oh, That's right... But aren't bots dead now? I highly doubt anyone still has something to make them work. I have not found and botters lately. But What I have found is a cluster of the same person when i went to seratos.

I would love fishing in my dimension simply for the roleplay of it, plus I find both fishing and being in my dimensions relaxing so why not be able to do both at the same time? I understand the bot concern which is why I'd be totally happy fishing up only grey items or something specific to dimensions alone. I've actually been asking for this since SL Beta and I don't think it's ever been possible to even cast in dimension waters. This is definitely still something I'd like to see implimented.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    I would love fishing in my dimension simply for the roleplay of it, plus I find both fishing and being in my dimensions relaxing so why not be able to do both at the same time? I understand the bot concern which is why I'd be totally happy fishing up only grey items or something specific to dimensions alone. I've actually been asking for this since SL Beta and I don't think it's ever been possible to even cast in dimension waters. This is definitely still something I'd like to see implimented.
    I think it would be fair if either:

1)We just fished up greys

2)There is a dimension specific fishing loottable patched in

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    I think it would be fair if either:

1)We just fished up greys

2)There is a dimension specific fishing loottable patched in
    I think the other issue is leveling the skill. I'm guessing the rulesets for dimensions are not different from the rest of the world so if enough grays can produce a skill up, a decision would have to be made whether to allow a game skill to level up outside of the game world.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

A thought... it might be very cool to allow fishing in a dim, but limit the catches to special 'dummy' fish, a fishing simulation (of a simulation!) that rewards humorous fish, and maybe, just maybe... a very, very, rare pet or mount drops to the persistent player, but to prevent you from spending all day/night in there trying, a limit to the amount casts per day allowed, per player.

Doo eet!
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Shadowlander

I would love if the dimension owner could buy items and put them in the water of their dimension as an incentive for fishers to fish it up. Like, they could put an epic weapon into their water, give it a 1/600 chance of being fished up, and let people go to town. Lots of cool theme stuff you could do with that mechanic. It wouldn't be continually fished up. just once; you get out of the water what you put in.

There'd have to be anti-trolling mechanisms (i.e. ways to ensure that the owner doesn't say there's a 1/600 chance to fish it up when there's actually a 1/60,000 chance, ways to ensure the owner actually put the item in there in the first place, etc.), but I'd like the mechanic in nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by MNWolf View Post
    I would love if the dimension owner could buy items and put them in the water of their dimension as an incentive for fishers to fish it up. Like, they could put an epic weapon into their water, give it a 1/600 chance of being fished up, and let people go to town. Lots of cool theme stuff you could do with that mechanic. It wouldn't be continually fished up. just once; you get out of the water what you put in.

There'd have to be anti-trolling mechanisms (i.e. ways to ensure that the owner doesn't say there's a 1/600 chance to fish it up when there's actually a 1/60,000 chance, ways to ensure the owner actually put the item in there in the first place, etc.), but I'd like the mechanic in nonetheless.
    That would be a Great Idea

What if in a dimension you can only fish up crap (1copper vendor items) and soul-bound Dimension items?

So you can't trade them. Can only use them yourself?

I was thinking about this post last night and came up with an idea... Why don't they give us Dimension only fishable items?

That is, items that have no value whatsoever and disappear when you leave the Dimension, call them RP items.

The items could include certain fish that give you a buff that changes your toon's appearance for 10 mins or give you different RP emotes. Fish up crates with things like Party Cakes that when laid down in the Dimension everyone starts to dance, other items could include Fireworks, Disco Ball (with 10 min duration), Water Mounts (also with a timer like maybe 5 - 10 mins), Beach Balls (that can be thrown back and forth), Bubble Machines and many many more cool items for Dimension use only.

And to prevent botters just remove the leveling aspect of fishing whilst in a Dimension

~ Stargate Dreams ~
    ........................ & ....................... ~ MOONLIGHT FALLS ~

Created by Stickybuds@Wolfsbane

I'm sure they'll make a new patch to take back fishing in dimensions. But then I get the feeling they will monitor the dimensions that have water.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Makes no sense really. Cause they can just do it in the open world and there is no way to really tell the difference from a real person and bot. Removing from dimensions serves no purpose.
    Guild - Mutiny @ Greybriar
    Spannx (Rogue)
    Spannz (Cleric)
    Spannage (Mage)
    Outfitter 375 - Butcher 375 - Survival 375 - Fishing 375

Quote Originally Posted by Span View Post
    Makes no sense really. Cause they can just do it in the open world and there is no way to really tell the difference from a real person and bot. Removing from dimensions serves no purpose.
    I would think most bots get shut down by player reports, a bot in a dim is hidden from nearly everyone but the owner, so who's going to notice or report them?
    I Rift, therefore I am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast