+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wonk

Thread: Changing Guild Dimension

Soulwalker

Default Changing Guild Dimension

So my guild is nearly level 15, and we are wanting to change to one of the new dimensions, however we have got many items and a lot of time was put in to building our current dimension. My questions is will the items remain where they are when it becomes inactive, or will it be like personal dimensions where the items get removed?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Once you activate the new Guild Dimension, everything in the old one is packed up into the moving crate, a pain but if going for the Stillmoor Dimension, acres of room to play with

Soulwalker

That's what i was afraid of, we have the stone flask tavern, we have made a forest with a campsite, built up a training hall, made a 2nd floor and an attic inside the tavern itself and a large platform area on top of the dimension with a diving board and a target zone in the deep water, as well as lots of other cosmetic stuff, have just over 1200 items in there. lots of time and effort put into it by the guild so not really wanting to just destroy that

The real nightmare begins after you crate the dim... all your items are placed unstacked, unsorted and must be removed one at a time (no sort function), then if you go in the new dim expecting to drop items, you must consider that every item in the crate counts as items already dropped! This requires you drop EACH item, pick it up and put it in a bag for use, painful to the point of bleeding from the ears.

Last edited by Wonk; 10-08-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Sometimes guilds have a lot of fun recreating their Dimensions and make in-guild events out of it on their sites or in the Dimension itself then when they reopen hold a public event to celebrate taking screenshots before rebuilding then after to put somewhere special.

Their is also toolbox add on to try and save some things that can be put into a new dimension.

I have spoken to a few people who have recreated their guild dimensions and made events out of them over the months including Amity@Faeblight maybe she or others who read this might give you inspiring ideas to find a happy medium?

Grats on Level 15 when you get there.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-08-2013 at 05:55 PM.

A happy medium for our guild was discussed for reaching level 25 and earning a new guild dimension. Our choice (so far) is to document the present dim via video tour and post it to Youtube for all to enjoy in the future so we don't lose the experience of the place. I spent 6 months in there fussing over the smallest details, it will be painful, but we all agreed there is a certain amount of prestige involved with a nicely decorated level 25 guild dim!
    I Rift, therefore I am.

+ Reply to Thread