+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Synnove

Thread: Rotation issues in Starter Dim

Default Rotation issues in Starter Dim

Hi there,

Has anyone else had issues having the plane's N/S/E/W directions shifting in the starter dimension? This is only happening on my alts dimensions- Not Synnove's.

Essentially what happens is when I drop an item it will be diagonal.

Like that. You can see that I tried to establish N/S/E/W because when you spawn in that way you face that direction. Its like my Dim has decided to just put that on a 45 degree angle for its self (as illustrated by the pink dots, trying to outline where it thinks the axis is)

When I try to rotate stuff, its a pain now. I have to go and pull corner by corner instead of just rotate left or right now. Example:

As you can see in this one this is how it chooses to rotate stuff.

Here's a better view from the side:

A guild mate told me she had this happen to her dim and essentially her 'solution' was to get a new dim. Okay, well... that won't work for me since I'm new to the game and don't have that kind of money.

I contacted Customer Support and (after waiting a week, no less) they said it was essentially working as intended. I know that can't be true since Synnove's dim doesn't have this issue.

Does anyone know how I can fix this, please?

oh it's that way when you drop it you may have to straight it out befor you use the red and blue wheels=o all I can think of right now........
    tool box may help you do this more easy?
    PS. what shard are you on btw?
    Last edited by firebolts; 10-06-2013 at 02:41 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

From the pics, it looks like you're using Warden's Point. I don't know if your other character is using the same or used Sanguine Shores, but Warden's Point is what's called "off the axis." The easiest fix: drop the item so it lines up with the arrows, do all of your movement on red and blue, then turn it on the green. You may find it much easier at that point.

Several of the dimensions are lined up differently from our perspective of straight. I know that doesn't help you, but it's a work around.
    Last edited by Feendish; 10-06-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I'm on Faeblight if you felt like stopping by so I can demonstrate the issue for you. My alts are Talithra and Lisstra (Both have this issue)

Yes, both of them have Warden's point since they're both defiant.

So what you're saying essentially is that the dimension its self (for lack of better words) is already crooked to start with.. and that's why my one and only guardian character isn't having this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Synnove View Post
    Yes, both of them have Warden's point since they're both defiant.

So what you're saying essentially is that the dimension its self (for lack of better words) is already crooked to start with.. and that's why my one and only guardian character isn't having this issue?
    That's exactly what I'm saying. You'll find the same issue with Stone Flask Tavern, Kestrel's Cry Ravine, Shoreward Island, Caer Kholum, and others to varying degrees. Your best bet, IMO, is to make what you want to make lined up with the dimension, then turn the entire thing as a set so that it matches the perspective of being straight.
    Last edited by Feendish; 10-06-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Baradara@Greybriar

Nearly all of the old world dimensions don't have the existing structures aligned along the world's axis. They were put in to look pretty, with no thought at all about ease of player building.

When building in Warden's Point in particular nearly everything had to be rotated 52 or 38 degrees.

Always change the green rotation last. If you're building a chair, or a couch, or whatever, make the whole thing and rotate the whole thing last.

I do find that the dimensions taken from SL zones line up much better, which is why Dolcega Valley is almost a better starter dim than the actual starter dims. It's just easier to build and learn with.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Thanks for your insight guys. At least I know the answer now and I'm a bit less peeved about the whole thing. And thank you for the dimension list.. I might look into avoiding those ones, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Synnove View Post
    Thanks for your insight guys. At least I know the answer now and I'm a bit less peeved about the whole thing. And thank you for the dimension list.. I might look into avoiding those ones, too.
    You're welcome, but that list is by no means complete. I haven't worked in every dimension to know which are on or off the axis, but the ones I listed I know for certain are off through personal, painful experience.

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread