+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Crim80
  • 2 Post By Treble

Thread: Dwarven Octagonal Tables

Shadowlander

Default Dwarven Octagonal Tables

Is anyone willing to share some ideas on how to repurpose those dwarven octagonal tables we get from fishing in Silverwood? I have about 25 of them right now --- been fishing more for the artisan marks than the tables. I've hopped around some other dimensions. It seems others are just a stumped as I am. All I see them being used for are tables.

I tried to make some decking (at Faen's Retreat), but there's a slight dimple or something in the tabletop, and I can't seem to get them to look seamless. Thus, it all looks like a bunch of tables and real choppy!

I sunk them into the ground for a "garden path." Meh. It was okay.

I tried to make a staircase out of them, but I couldn't find anything that could hide the legs well enough. Still playing with this idea. Maybe I have everything sized wrong.

I had the idea of using them as "plaques" on a wall and was going to craft a bunch of swords, axes, and maces to hang on them. Then I remembered that craftable weapons aren't dimension items. A shame - because a collection of some weapons would be (in my opinion) a unique use for both the tables and the weapons that we've learned through the game.

So - any ideas? I hate to just toss them. As soon as I do, I'll think of something. LOL
    Those dang legs keep getting in the way of everything that I try!

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Crim80; 10-06-2013 at 01:51 PM.

A guild mate of mine sized them down and turned them into 'burners' for a stove. I'm pretty sure that they put a fireplace or a brazier underneath them so there were just a bit of flames popping up the top and then they encased them in something so it looked like it was in a unit.

Just a thought!

Plane Touched

Don't throw them away. you can sell them on the AH

How about a little something like this? Table is the backing for the fake mirror.
    Dwarven Octagonal Tables-2013-09-25_213154.jpg

Or you could do your whole kitchen in them like this. Covering the cabinets and using the legs as shelf support.
    Dwarven Octagonal Tables-2013-09-25_214708.jpg

Between the bedroom and kitchen (which is on the small side) I used about a dozen in the Sanctuary of the Machineborn remodel.

Or you could sink, stack, and slightly rotate them to make a stack of plates or just one for a tray. Pretty sure you can see both those used Kitasia's Sweet Berry Cafe.

Mix with flour sacks to make the legs of the table become the legs of an armchair, would have to experiment to see if upside down or right side up is better.

You have to merge them a little more than you expected if you want to line up the wood grain to make lots into one big table like in Cherry Breeze Estate. I don't have a screenshot of that handy.

Shrink and sink to make detail tiles in flooring or on the wall. That braided edge is a really nice texture.

Use as canvas like you wanted for the weapons, just pick something different for the mural.

TBH, I'm perpetually out of these and have to fish for them nearly every build.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Shadowlander

Love the ideas from the kitchen. Now THAT's creative!! Would have never thought of using them as either cabinets or shelves.

I was toying with the idea of sinking them into a couple of stacked stone blocks as the backing of a light. Two blocks stacked, one table turned vertically with legs sunk into them, only the tabletop showing. Sink in a torch, and you have a sconce on a post. It looks a little clunky. Maybe I don't have everything sized in a good proportion. I might try it on a wall somewhere instead. I just thought they would make some different outside "lamp posts." I still like my original idea as a plaque on the wall, so I'll have to look around the dimension vendors to see what I can hang.

Thanks for the ideas.

+ Reply to Thread