+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Lost objects placed in dimension

Soulwalker

Default Lost objects placed in dimension

Please help me! One of our friends has purchased the Three Springs Dimension for the guild to use as our guild village. We are currently 710/750. When new items are introduced or put into the dimension. The items at the top of the list just disappear. No they don't enter into anyone's bags. They literally go poof to non-existence! This is why I am imploring the forum to help. Yes, we have contacted a GM. All we get is a link to show us how to find objects in our bags. This is not the issue. I just wish to know what the issue so this does not happen again. Is it just with the Three Springs dimension or is it because we are near max?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Hi there have you tried to increase your guild dim capacity?

There are other threads and a known issue that Trion are looking into about rendering of items, disappearance etc especially with "yellow" items - interactive items or visual effect items (Nico Bar, Great Hunt bosses, Dummies) as well as lighting. They "seem" to all tie in together close to capacity.

Increase capacity one more time see if they are there.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-29-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Soulwalker

I will have to try that thank you

I got this bug with a guild dim when we put in a Laethys balloon... and also with bosses statues.
    Seems they interact some way, and even if you can see the objets in the list, you don't see them in the dim. They are here, but invisible, and the process of moving / removing them bugs too. You need to remove it via the list, disconnect and reconnect to really remove it from the dim. Some things disappear totally, but come back if you remove the interactive object that causes the bug.
    Try removing every object of this kind one by one to find the culprits.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Hi eionna,

CS is on it! We're attempting to replicate this problem so we can see what's wrong.

They should be contacting you soon, and let me know if they don't.

I am not sure if it is the same problem, closely related or just different, but I have been having severe issues recently with all my dimensions. I am having these issues in guild and personal dimensions.

Basically there are two problems.

One is when I go to place and item I get an error stating that the item can't be placed outside of limits or something like that. It gives that error no matter where I try to place the item, and the item vanished.

The other problem that occurs when I go to place an item it just vanishes and in my bag there is a greyed out area that represents the place the item used to be. I can not see the item and sometimes it is in the inventory list and sometimes it is not. As well sometimes when this issue occurs rift itself will crash. Sometimes if I log out and back in the item will either be in my dimension and be visible or invisible but also sometimes it is just somewhere in fairytale land.

I have attempted this in multiple dimension on multiple characters with multiple items and get the same result.

One thing that seems to help for who knows what reason, I will click on the item in my bag and when I got to place it I will place it on my characters head. Then the item renders properly and I can then move it properly and place it without further issue.

Hope this information helps in your hunt to figure this out.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Hi eionna,

CS is on it! We're attempting to replicate this problem so we can see what's wrong.

They should be contacting you soon, and let me know if they don't.
    Thanks Faratha. I have helped 4 people with this issue. All of them had one thing in common - nearing max capacity with the dimension itself not being at max capacity. Having never started building in a dimension without making it max capacity I have never had this problem in a personal dimension. Not sure why I do that, never thought about it but Guild Dimensions are a different story they seem so sensitive especially in the last 1000 items the lag becomes intense as well as items doing what they want. I have built in 3 guild dimensions, Tuldio Studio was almost unworkable , especially near the orb.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-30-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Soulwalker

Thank you all for responding. It is still an ongoing issue. CS has been responding and we are currently trying to find the items and the issue. I will keep all of you up to date. Thank you again for all of your help it's appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    I am not sure if it is the same problem, closely related or just different, but I have been having severe issues recently with all my dimensions. I am having these issues in guild and personal dimensions.

Basically there are two problems.

One is when I go to place and item I get an error stating that the item can't be placed outside of limits or something like that. It gives that error no matter where I try to place the item, and the item vanished.

The other problem that occurs when I go to place an item it just vanishes and in my bag there is a greyed out area that represents the place the item used to be. I can not see the item and sometimes it is in the inventory list and sometimes it is not. As well sometimes when this issue occurs rift itself will crash. Sometimes if I log out and back in the item will either be in my dimension and be visible or invisible but also sometimes it is just somewhere in fairytale land.

I have attempted this in multiple dimension on multiple characters with multiple items and get the same result.

One thing that seems to help for who knows what reason, I will click on the item in my bag and when I got to place it I will place it on my characters head. Then the item renders properly and I can then move it properly and place it without further issue.

Hope this information helps in your hunt to figure this out.
    I've had this exact issue a couple of times, though limited to building guild dimensions.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Heros Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I figured I would explore this a little further in the hopes to have more helpful information.

I just tried this in my Stone Flask Tavern Dimension with a 467/1000 dimension usage/capacity and I get the same result. I am still seeing items disappear. The most recent item was an "Enormous Log Bridge". When I attempted to place it, it disappeared and left a greyed out place in my bag, I left the dimension and returned and the item is still not on the list or in my bag.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I figured I would explore this a little further in the hopes to have more helpful information.

I just tried this in my Stone Flask Tavern Dimension with a 467/1000 dimension usage/capacity and I get the same result. I am still seeing items disappear. The most recent item was an "Enormous Log Bridge". When I attempted to place it, it disappeared and left a greyed out place in my bag, I left the dimension and returned and the item is still not on the list or in my bag.
    So is this only happening with the newly made un-soulbound fishing items for you Nog and is your Stone Flask Tavern personal or guild?

Your capacity is something familiar with the level 5 cap now available.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-01-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    So is this only happening with the newly made un-soulbound fishing items for you Nog and is your Stone Flask Tavern personal or guild?

Your capacity is something familiar with the level 5 cap now available.

This is happening with many types of items I will try to several more to clarify if it is the new un-soulbound or all.

As for the Stone Flask Tavern this particular one is my personal one.

I think I found the missing "Enormous Log Bridge"

LOL - This is what I saw when I ported to Hailol 30 - 40 minutes later.....

Last edited by Nogardgib; 10-01-2013 at 08:01 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I think I found the missing "Enormous Log Bridge"

LOL - This is what I saw when I ported to Hailol 30 - 40 minutes later.....

WTF like seriously that's out in the live world...wow.

Lol I choked on my coffee thank you Mr Nog lol

I'm curious if you make your dimension max capacity will this change though its expensive since you are at 1000 so Im not encouraging it because I have noticed watching threads and from tells sent me that the "missing objects" thing got real funky when item capacity was increased.

I had a situation the other night like this with a building, I removed it, but it never entered my bags, I looked on the items lists and it was there, but the item was buried in the ground somewhere... I'm sure I bagged it, yet it got buried instead.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast