+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Shiaori

Thread: New Houses - Are they all unaccessible?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default New Houses - Are they all unaccessible?

Aloha Faratha & all on Creative team. It's been a busy week thanks for all the new items, waited until updates to ask - the new houses that drop ie Sanctum Gloamwood etc are they all inaccessible and will they remain this way?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-26-2013 at 10:40 AM.

The snow covered house you find in IPP would be sweet if they remove the door and make it excessable to the inside of the house, since we now have doors we could add if we wished it so.

Telaran

The Gloamwood House with Arch from Moonshade has a kind of indoor area. It's under the actual house, though. I had no use for it, so now have it up on the AH to see if I can get some coin for my next project.

It looks like the new houses "with Arch" have an open room below, while the "with Deck" do not.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Be interesting to see the huge gloamwood tower drop as long as you can get inside it

Well...with the arch ones you do get that little section you can use as a room. And with the deck ones I know I'm planning to make a couple of greenhouses so it's not so bad. I admit I was kind of meh that there was a door in the way which killed an awesome idea I had . Oh well , the fact is they're adding new stuff and ajn incenstive to level new characters/ explore areas I loved so I'm not complaining. It's just cool they actually put so many good items in as drops. And maybe they'll add in more, bigger houses too!

Plane Touched

I think it's probably more than just removing the doors. Chances are that the houses themselves are just shells, none of which have any interior done to them at all. Best way to test this would be to drop the house on yourself and see if you can see flooring or inside walls which I doubt would be there.

At most they are good for decoration, allowing a person to make a village without having to build each and ever house, it would be awesome if we could go into all of these but I just don't see that being very likely.
    "What is the difference between a "great man" and a "hero"?
    A great man fights until he falls
    A hero gets back up"

I tried standing on the deck of the 'sanctum house with deck' and then moved the house over myself.
    There is a floor that covers the entire building and you can walk around, but the walls look invisible.

+ Reply to Thread