+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dimension item drop rates?

Default Dimension item drop rates?

So... since hte new patch, iv'e been lucky enough to get an oustanding 3 dimension items to drop - all tan wood candelabras. Anyone else having craptacular luck? I've been playing my alt a lot, so i'm equal level to the mobs, and went through all of freemarch's quests, + lots of stonefields, and killed a tonne of mobs along the way. I even spent 40 mins on my main last night murdering silverwood - didn't think that was a good indicator of drops, so i'm not too concerned about that, but again nothing dropped. Kind of disappointed atm - are the drop rates really that low?
    To give you an idea i've played my alt maybe 10-13 hours since the patch came out. Most of that was killing and questing and exploring. I don't expect high drops, but it hought i'd at least get - something - of a drop. Lol. Thoughts? Wouldn't mind gm feedback if there is any - even an indicator that this is intended and we're supposed to actually massecre things to get the items.

Plane Touched

Personally, I'm satisfied with the drop rate, even though I have gotten fewer than you have. I like that these items are rare.

However, I understand your frustration. No one likes to feel unlucky, especially when there's an item they really want.

I'm curious now, because several people have commented they feel the odds are too low:

Exactly how many opponents do you feel you should kill (on average) to get one world-drop dimension item? Should some items have better odds? If so, which ones? Please be specific.

I think this kind of feedback would be helpful to Trion.

That's a good point. personally - i agree to an extent. I'm wondering if it's a matter of zones being unbalanced though - i've heard that moonshade has an extensiveish list of items that drop, but very few from freemarch (that iv'e heard of. tha'ts not a full indicator by any means.)
    For myself i'd be happy with one every couple hours or something - still getting them, but keeping them rare enough to have some value. The auction house prices aren't bad at all, which tells me people are getting them, but i wasn't joking about the 10+ hours i've spent questing and killing and farming in freemarch & stonefield.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I don't think Moonshade is any better than any other zone it simply was the first recorded so people flocked there. I don't like the drop rate if I give it 100% attention but I do like it knowing we are all on equal par regardless of level (someone actually leveling at that level as opposed to a level 60 coming in and "sweeping" the zone) It would make it unpleasant for low levels to have there quest mobs killed (sorry to the level 9 in Freemarch on Saturday!) I also like how rare it is to save gold farmers getting ideas.

I am enjoying completing artifact sets, working on rep and achievements and also helping lower levels in the zone. My only blue item has been a volcanic rock (stonefield) my heart raced then cried lol
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-23-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
    For myself i'd be happy with one every couple hours or something - still getting them, but keeping them rare enough to have some value. The auction house prices aren't bad at all, which tells me people are getting them, but i wasn't joking about the 10+ hours i've spent questing and killing and farming in freemarch & stonefield.
    How many opponents do you kill every couple hours? Keep in mind that if you are killing lower-level opponents without mentoring down, you'll be killing them faster.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    How many opponents do you kill every couple hours? Keep in mind that if you are killing lower-level opponents without mentoring down, you'll be killing them faster.
    I have been recording since Wednesday and chatting to people everyday as well as doing my own assessments based on what I've done. It is completely different than anything so far in Rift.

I've mentored down, grouped, soloed ran quests, done same as level 60. Taken different mobs from each zone ie casters, undead, animals. Then just farmed. Repeated in Ashora, Stonefield, Silverwood, Freemarch. Total: 86 hours.

No pattern found yet.

EDIT: Except for a "clump of ferns" in Silverwood I got off the same mob a day apart just to throw a spanner in my spokes of logic so of course I stayed there all day :P
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-23-2013 at 01:00 PM.

iv'e done it both ways. ias on my alt where i mentored down adn still killed things incredibly fast, or just killing everything in sight on my cleric - she's level 26, i spent an hour & a half in freemarch the other day just farming leather to skill up butchering, so that was an extra bit of time spent etc. Lately i've been in stonefield on cleric, so killing is somewhat slower, but i've spent a LOT of time on ascadia. (cleric), mostly since the patch.

Also spent an hour last night running around tab-dotting everything. 1-shot things with dark touch up to level 16 mobs, then had to put my armor on to keep up the speed after i hit the lvl 17 mobs. worked half way across silverwodo doing it on my 60 mage. i'm in freemarch now doing one of the major story quests.

Also - just checked my time played on that char, and its' 1 day 16 hours, so i'd say i'm probably closer to 20 hours killing ****. (the other 20 or so hours would be spent doing crafting dailies, traveling and afk so doesn't count. lol.)

as for actual # of kills? that's hard ot say, but wouldn't something like...every 200 mobs be reasonable? or 300?

edit - the 2-300 was what i was thinking would be reasonable expectation for drop, not what i've killed. couldn't tell you what that is, weather it's above or below that. as for the original post - what i'm actually really starting to wonder about is if certain zones don't have drops implemented as much. it's too soon to tell, l know, but i am wondering. Also - Kiwi, the work you've done is frickin awesome. Thank you. Was neat to see you in chat last night. Lol.
    Last edited by Rianne; 09-23-2013 at 01:03 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I'm having a blast I can't lie thanks for being part of the trip we all contribute to it is freaking awesome what we all do I love watching us all get stuck into things and teasing Quivir and Sirpickle in chat for their amazing rng Lets go to Vegas together you two!.

Sometimes even I wanna kick my logical mind to see more shinnies BUT ALAS hah gunna head out more into Storm Legion Zones next few days, most drops I've had averaged time have been from Stonefield.

I went to Moonshade, Ardent Domain, Shimmersand but didn't do the repeat scenarios based on mobs mentored and unmentored like in the others mentioned above..

And I won't be leveling another alt until November so guess what I'll be doing then!?!

Cheers Rianne much appreciated.

Rift Disciple

I've gotten quite a few dimension item drops, just seems to be luck based. Yesterday I was hunting twisted shinies in Gloamwood and got several full sacks of flour off of some undead critters near the puzzle, today in City Core, I got a couple rare Green Hanging Brevane Light's from treants near the Abandoned Bunker. Can't remember the flour sack's exact name, I sold them on the AH since I didn't need/want them >.<

To be honest, I've been getting more house item drops than green items drops. 6 dimension items, 3 greens in the past two days.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rianne View Post
    something like...every 200 mobs be reasonable? or 300?

edit - the 2-300 was what i was thinking would be reasonable expectation for drop, not what i've killed. couldn't tell you what that is, weather it's above or below that. as for the original post - what i'm actually really starting to wonder about is if certain zones don't have drops implemented as much. it's too soon to tell, l know, but i am wondering. Also - Kiwi, the work you've done is frickin awesome. Thank you. Was neat to see you in chat last night. Lol.
    Thanks, these are exactly the numbers I was interested in! Not necessarily what you have observed, but rather what you might reasonably expect.

I think I would be even more generous in some cases. For example, I think small items that players might use dozens of in a single dimension should drop more frequently, while large items players might only use once should drop less frequently.

After thinking about it myself, I think the following rates would be reasonable.

1 : 75 Small landscaping items, things that can be used as building blocks, ground clutter; things players might use dozens or hundreds of
    1 : 150 Small decorations, major structural elements, lighting; things players might use a dozen of
    1 : 300 Large decorations, small buildings; things players might use two or three of
    1 : 600 Large buildings, items with extremely unique appearances; things players might only use one of

After killing 600 opponents, on average, you would end up with 8 small landscaping items, 4 small decorations, 2 large decorations, and 1 large building.

Kiwi i hven't done anything. Lol. I'll take it tho, so no worries. Anyway - that seems pretty reasonable to me too Fredelas. I did just find a neat looking char in freemarch off an endles smob (in savage hill) which i'll post in the other thread. Seems like it matches the dwarven table pretty decently in terms of style and appearance, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Imrielle View Post
    I've gotten quite a few dimension item drops, just seems to be luck based. Yesterday I was hunting twisted shinies in Gloamwood and got several full sacks of flour off of some undead critters near the puzzle, today in City Core, I got a couple rare Green Hanging Brevane Light's from treants near the Abandoned Bunker. Can't remember the flour sack's exact name, I sold them on the AH since I didn't need/want them >.<

To be honest, I've been getting more house item drops than green items drops. 6 dimension items, 3 greens in the past two days.
    Ah interesting. In three hours farming in Moonshade on Saturday, I mailed off about 50 greens and shinies to the bank toon but only had 2 dimension items drop. Sounds like RNG to me.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Ah interesting. In three hours farming in Moonshade on Saturday, I mailed off about 50 greens and shinies to the bank toon but only had 2 dimension items drop. Sounds like RNG to me.
    Yep, all about luck with RNG. Some things you'll get lucky with in streaks, some things, no luck at all. Lately my luck is dimension items, usually its the most random things, like the quest starters for skinning recipes (not sure if those still exist, I finally stopped getting them ).

I spent 14hrs in moons shade just slaughtering the zone literally killed thousands of mobs for a whopping 6 dim items I then moved to Kingsward to help fill out Kitasia's list as she had nothing listed for that zone. after about 2hrs of grinding mobs I got my first drop.... in 8hrs I managed to pull 3 items one of each quality. now we all know the rarity of deeps lock boxes drops. I pulled 2 of them in the first 3 hrs. making them less rare than dimension items..... an average of 3-400 mobs would be a nice change in the drop rate when my average has been around 1k mobs per drop.

Telaran

I'm curious to see if the droprate changes with this hotfix or not. I have no idea what they're fixing today, but I hope the items don't become more rare.

On a new alt I made, I've been doing zones until I finish all the quests. This is usually 600+ mobs, give or take. That said, I got one drop in all of Silverwood (a gold and blue rug), a Gloamwood house with deck in Gloamwood, nothing in Scarlet Gorge, and then I found an interesting lamp post (think Narnia) in my bags last night after I finished Scarwood Reach. I have no idea what it dropped off of though as I didn't even see it until I was making space for Droughtlands.
    Last edited by Lunedera; 09-25-2013 at 07:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast