+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By mysticrain
  • 3 Post By Jaedor
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Jaida

Thread: How can we attact visitors to our dims other than spamming chat?

Soulwalker

Default How can we attact visitors to our dims other than spamming chat?

I'm just wondering how is the best way to get folks to visit and like your dimensions. I personally go visiting at random, but I rarely have seen others doing the same. I have a few dims that I have invested a great deal of plat, time, heart and soul into but do not see how I can ever get a rank if people don't visit.

Thoughts?
    Mysticrain

You can ask friends and guildies to visit and/or run your own alts through and +1 in order to get a spot on the weekly list and from there, others will see it. Most dimensioneers I know take time to tour other dimensions and shards quite regularly.

They also subscribe to the dimensionaddicts@deepwood channel (for NA shards), where they can ask questions and post about new builds to an audience of fellow dimensioneers. So you have at least a couple options without resorting to spamming chat channels.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

In addition to what Jaed mentioned, there is also posting pics here as well. Sometimes, the toons that visit might be level 1 and can't vote, but word of mouth will also spread.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Telaran

Advertise it on here to get the ball rolling. That's what I did and once I had a few +'s I found more people would pop in at random. You can also do what a lot do and add your dims to your sig on various forums so that plenty of people see it.
    Jaida: Rogue of Imperium on Zaviel

Dimension: Eden Blossom Cottage
    Dimension: The Venus Pool

one thing that i've found works - at least for me - is to ask in chat if anyones interested in checking out a specific area. Ie i ask for them to try out my spiral leaf stair case and often they'll take a tour of the place. Its probably less overwhelming (and less like a chore) if you ask them to do something more limited, rather than just viewing the entire dimension. I'm also going to post on the forums - i started a thread - whenever i make progress on a certain area of the dim i'm curently working on.

Plane Touched

I find bribery to be a useful tool. (Yes, seriously.)

If you'll be in your dimension, offer players a free drink or some food to take away.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

With the new items dropping you could pop any you find somewhere in your dimension for display.

Shadowlander

Default Attracting visitors

I've always thought that if we had a notes area where we could describe our dimension's story that it would make them more interesting to visit -- my alt Zalanna@Faeblight's Kestrel's Cry dimension has a great backstory -- just no place to share it with others unless I happen to be in the dimension at the time. It would also be great to have items that we could place inside our dimensions that allowed customized text/descriptions (yes, this is very reminiscent of The Sims Online -- which made it a lot easier to immerse visitors in the theme of your zone).

+ Reply to Thread