+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screen freezes in Faen's Retreat

Default Screen freezes in Faen's Retreat

Hi all,

I'm starting to fill up my dimension Faen's Retreat (930 ish items in there). I was having fun and decided to build something on the mountains, since they're just inside the dimension border. I started building, and then noticed something odd. Everytime I got close to the border on the western side (maybe 10 meters away from it) my screen froze for a short time. Then when I went back (through the 10 meter ish point again) my screen froze again for a short time. This is happening consistently on the whole western border. More to the north side of Faen's Retreat I even longer (1-2 sec) screen freezes and sometimes a loading screen when approaching the border.

This is very annoying cause it's a nice bit of extra space which also looks so nicely down on the rest of the dimension. Does anyone else have these issues? (I encourage you to enter a Faen's Retreat and try) and if so, are the devs aware of this?

Ok so (can't edit the first post it seems), I went to test some DPS on a dummy, and after 15 minutes or so I went back to building, without leaving the dimension. Then suddenly I noticed the freezes / lags were gone! I don't know what caused it to dissapear but it did. I might update later if they return when I reenter but don't wanna test it now.

Not sure if it's the same location but there is a spot in my Faen's that produces a loading screen every time I go there.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

After a while the freezes started again, as randomly as they had gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Not sure if it's the same location but there is a spot in my Faen's that produces a loading screen every time I go there.
    The problem is it's not one spot, it's the entire west and north mountain top area for me

Also, when I go to someone elses (much emptyer) faen's retreat, the problem seems to be absent. Maybe it's an issue with loading the dimension items?
    Last edited by Veldan; 09-18-2013 at 08:17 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Check my tag for a quick link to an interview I done with Faratha where in it she explains green boundaries & also we touch briefly on "Yellow" items when I asked about PvP Dimensions maybe this might help?

Yellow items like dummies and nearing max capacity on a dimension makes things go wonky it seems in almost every dimension not just Faens but it is most peculiar in some Dims how at certain spots things are even more wonkier, I wonder what is there at that spot you address on "live" Shimmersand?

I remember being in a Caer Kholum once when Conquest started and things went crazy though it could've been the vino

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Check my tag for a quick link to an interview I done with Faratha where in it she explains green boundaries & also we touch briefly on "Yellow" items when I asked about PvP Dimensions maybe this might help?

Yellow items like dummies and nearing max capacity on a dimension makes things go wonky it seems in almost every dimension not just Faens but it is most peculiar in some Dims how at certain spots things are even more wonkier, I wonder what is there at that spot you address on "live" Shimmersand?

I remember being in a Caer Kholum once when Conquest started and things went crazy though it could've been the vino
    Hmm interesting point, Kiwi. I'll have to see if I can find that exact point out in Telara and see if there's a loading screen there as well.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

Interesting. I have 4 raid boss dummies and a heal dummy in my dimension, though they aren't close to the point where I had issues. In Shimmersand there isn't really anything at the point I'm talking about, just an invisible wall (since the dimension area is in the middle of nowhere, you can't go far out of it or you hit an invisible wall) but no freezes or lag or anything.

+ Reply to Thread