• 1 Post By Akhor
  • 1 Post By Freneticfangs
  • 1 Post By Zelurk
  • 1 Post By Badmann
  • 1 Post By Morank

Thread: New Dimensions

Rift Disciple

Default New Dimensions

I was wandering around the new area trying to find pretty places that would make good dimensions. Once that stood out to me was Cape Jule: 7735, 11322.

In a more general sense, though, it would be cool if we could simply go to an area on the map and activate a skill that consumes plat to create a small, medium, large, or x-large dimension. Not sure the game supports that, though.

I've heard Faratha talk about the process of creating a dimension, how she knows exactly what chunks have been included in the space, etc. Also the green border isn't a generic size for small/med/large but is custom made for each dimension to give us the best usable space possible. And the land beyond our border is just as custom so we have stunning views (moonshade for example). Because of all the care and consideration that goes into each dimension created I think the best thing we can do is keep giving her ideas on what we would like to see for new dimensions, my favorite two of the latest suggestions is Chancel of Labors and the Hag's Cottage.

I'd like to see a bunker dim. Lots of possibilities there, but I prefer water within the boundaries so Turnis River, Kelthenas Basin and Optheron would be high on a list for me.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Rift Disciple

I'd love to use the main building in Hailol.

Adore that area, but the dim space is simply too small

Personally the dims i want are gloamwood sawmill, the ruin at the begining of Seratos where you encounter Crucia, a bunker that *isn't* underwater and a big, flat, desert building area.

+1 for hag's cottage, we need a gloamwood dim
    Last edited by Zelurk; 09-13-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    Zenahk@Laethys

Soulwalker

Default new dim S.G.C. (Stargate Command)

Dimension
    S.G.C. (Stargate Command)

Shard
    Laethys (Oceanic)

Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VNdcLMA8eM

Honestly, I want to see the armory from Kingsward as a dim. It's so big, and so perfect. It's like a dormant core scale building base <3
    Faeblight Server. R.I.P. Sunrest.

Don't know the chances of more dimensions in Moonshade Highlands, but besides Grey Gardens, I'd love to see a dimension (or two) from the Defiant side. The satyr camp in Blightweald has a fantastic view! I think Boundary Ruins deserves consideration as well.

The actual Auditorium Carnos would be good, and I saw someone once mention the Haunted Terminal in TB- I've thought that would make a good one as well.

View is important to me. That dagblasted blue wall can rear its ugly head and absolutely ruin views. Will we ever see the removal of that unwelcome visual effect?
    Last edited by Shattered; 09-14-2013 at 09:53 AM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Rift Disciple

I totally agree with the Haunted Terminal in Tempest Bay.

Another one with a good view and nice stuff to work with is Dead Pass in Morban at 13046, 6727.

Or for old world, there is:

Shatterbone Canyon in Scarwood Reach would make a good Verdant Core-sized dimension.

Riverfell in Scarlet Gorge also has a lot of potential, with cascading waterfalls and large pools.

Quote Originally Posted by Badmann View Post
    Dimension
    S.G.C. (Stargate Command)

Shard
    Laethys (Oceanic)

Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VNdcLMA8eM

Absolutely fell in love with this dimension. Thank you for sharing with us, Badmann

+ Reply to Thread