+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Cyxx
  • 2 Post By Rikalus

Thread: Fortress Isle - a Dimension on the Bloodiron (EU) Server

Soulwalker

Default Fortress Isle - a Dimension on the Bloodiron (EU) Server

Hi everyone,

May I introduce my (finally) finished project located on the Shoreward Island dimension:

It took me about four months, 5,000+ plats, 2,000 items, and a few barrels of coffee.
    As for tools, I used an addon called Dimension Toolbox - an utility which every serious dimension builder absolutely needs.
    For the constructions I used AutoCAD 2013 - a tool with which technical or architectural drawings are created.

Central feature of my project is the large tower in the center of the island which is now integrated in a huge fortress:

Then there's a harbor, a market, some settlements, a park, etc.
    Oh, and a rumor makes its round about a small treasure cave somewhere on that island...

Have fun, kind regards

Cyss

Oh, that is really cool. I've always wanted to see that tower built into another structure. I'll have to come check it out.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Very cool indeed! Great work

Wow great job matching up the facades! I need to roll a toon over there and check this out.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I will check this out next time I log in. Also did using AutoCAD help? I am a project engineer by trade and considered using my day job software to help build my own dimension. Decided aginst it tho, nothing worse than turning what I do in my spare time, into my day job.
    Rikalus. Retired lvl 60 P76 Noob Mage. Bloodiron *Blue Team*
    Per Incendia Ego Perussi

Soulwalker

If you create everything at a 90° angle - then you won't need AutoCAD. But anything off angle is a nightmare placing it exactly without using trigonometric calculations - or just draw it up in your CAD program and pick the numbers; that's the easy way ;)

I tend to build structures on the grid in an alt's EoI with a nice, flat surface. Then save it to Toolbox and load it up in a new location where I can turn the whole thing at once. Have to use sets around 150 items or less but that accommodates most structures or elements nicely.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Soulwalker

Hmm...

1) Select all (up to 150) items, one by one
    2) Save them
    3) Move to your new dimension
    4) Lay all (up to 150) items on a surface, one by one
    5) Select all (up to 150) items again, one by one
    6) Load the saved structure
    7) Use the wheel to the desired approximate angle (possibly using a ruler of some sorts), and place it (exact angles can't be made, same as for the location to be placed)

In my opinion, that's quite a steep task to accomplish...

In any case, that would be more or less impossible with the fortress (about 1,000+ items), which would need to be set at exactly 12.2 degrees (that's the direction the tower is facing), and placed on a certain exact position.

Uh, I stick to my CAD drawing method, I guess ;)

+ Reply to Thread