+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orangish Colored Building Blocks (tiles etc)

Shadowlander

Default Orangish Colored Building Blocks (tiles etc)

Good Morning Dimensioneers!

Another random question for those of you with lots of dimension experience (or for those of you who've spent way too long staring at tiles :3):

I'm looking for tiles that would take on an orange-ish or yellow hue when exposed to orange/yellow lighting. Something that will look smooth or metallic. I have yet to get my hands on any orange or yellow lights, so I haven't been able to test it myself. (Also my level 53 only has so much plat at this stage, and was hoping to get a little pre-purchase feedback before I buy a tile of every type to test ).

Any opinions or experiences are greatly appreciated!

Limestone is probably easiest, but metal planks, plain stone, and greystone will all work to a lesser degree. For orange light you can use either the orange Brevane or just a torch. The reflection of the torch's fire on the blocks can be seen from further away than the torch iteself, just set it slightly away from the wall.

Here are a couple of examples.

Orangish Colored Building Blocks (tiles etc)-2013-06-09_223246.jpg
    Orangish Colored Building Blocks (tiles etc)-2013-07-10_195439.jpg
    Last edited by Treble; 09-10-2013 at 08:49 AM. Reason: wrong attachment

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Shadowlander

Thanks for the reply! I will try out limestone first to see how well it reflects the color (wish we had yellowish building blocks!).

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

The sandstone floor tiles are yellowish. Not quite the building blocks you were probably looking for, but able to be put to different purposes.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Shadowlander

I will try sandstone too, thanks Feendish I know the look that I want, but not exactly what will make it, so experimentation will be necessary.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claudya View Post
    I will try sandstone too, thanks Feendish I know the look that I want, but not exactly what will make it, so experimentation will be necessary.
    http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Fe...ml?sort=3&o=37

Sandstone tiles used as walls, just so you can get a look without having to spend your plat/credits.

As Amity posted above, I really like the limestone as well for the colored reflections. Clever backlighting of limestone might just be the ticket.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread