+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Please make item maximum higher.

Default Please make item maximum higher.

My dimension is at 1990 items (capped) . I don't want to start another dimension, I still have so much to do on my main one and when it's finished I will open it up so people can see it. Those that I have let see it love it but we need the option to go to higher items. It has got to the stage of taken multiple items off so I can add other items.
    Why it there a limit and why does it cost so much to increase item numbers?
    Anyway I'm sure once my main dimension is done I will not be doing any others as it has taken so many hours of work to do my main I just wouldn't have it in me to start again.
    Has anyone heard any talk about maximum items going pass 2000?
    Last edited by MickNico; 09-09-2013 at 02:32 AM.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Plane Walker

Agreed 2k isnt enough.. in fact 5k isnt enough... however the cost to get it up to that number allowed should also be reduced. 3850 plat for 2000 items stupidly expensive. it should be reduced.. or eliminated.. as the cost for the items is already too much.. usually. a dimension with no cap would be the way it should be. The boggling Boggle should have water breathing tubes included in the dimension.
    Guild Dimensions in particular should not have a item cap. my guild that has 1100 + members everyone cant really place more than 2 items each

Quote Originally Posted by Missyshamble View Post
    Agreed 2k isnt enough.. in fact 5k isnt enough... however the cost to get it up to that number allowed should also be reduced. 3850 plat for 2000 items stupidly expensive. it should be reduced.. or eliminated.. as the cost for the items is already too much.. usually. a dimension with no cap would be the way it should be. The boggling Boggle should have water breathing tubes included in the dimension.
    Guild Dimensions in particular should not have a item cap. my guild that has 1100 + members everyone cant really place more than 2 items each
    If all 1100+ members are building your dimension at the same time, sounds like it would be a mess, lol At least the guild dimensions do have a higher item limit, 4000 items, but the cost of 7500p is rather expensive for a smaller guild.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Missyshamble View Post
    The boggling Boggle should have water breathing tubes included in the dimension.
    Agreed. A decent portion of that dimension is practically useless because it's underwater. I wish there was an option to drain it. There are so many possibilities with that bunker...

Soulwalker

I have been sitting on my Dormant core dim forever, because there is no way I can do what I want with it, with only a 2500 max.

Dimensions
    Faeblight: Garden of the Gods, Paradiso, Stonefeild Inn & Tavern

Hangs head in shame. I to would like a higher count in personal dims. I am so sorry to ask for more. I feel kinda greedy, ashamed and guilty asking for more. But I would truly honestly love and adore and one who could make this happen again. I know its not like I dont love and adore the dimension team already. I cant help it the items you create make me want to create. I am a bad bad woman. But your stuff is so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Hangs head in shame. I to would like a higher count in personal dims. I am so sorry to ask for more. I feel kinda greedy, ashamed and guilty asking for more.
    Kitasia, you're modesty is commending. I wish I was more so myself . But.. I just gotta say it:

Dear Trion Dimension Team:

As a professional artist, and as a gamer, I find the dimension item limits constraining in a way that doesn't encourage creativity, but somewhat smothers it. At first I viewed the item cost and limits as a challenge, and went through my dim's item list ruthlessly, leaving only what was vitally necessary to carry the ambiance or forward my story and vision, but I quickly found myself up against a wall. A hard wall of inflexible item limits (and loss of cash flow from drastically reduced sell-back item values ) and had to abandon my vision and scope. While I deal with disappointment well, I dont think this sort of nostalgic sadness and disappointment is what your team had in mind when granting us the dimensions in the first place.

I want to think of my dimension and the game of Rift as my happy place , a place I can relax and escape to when my work is done or I want to spend time with my husband. I would love a little more happiness when selling back expensive items I had to purchase just to understand how to use, as well as another over-all item level increase for all dims.

I know I am not the first gamer, nor artist, to express such views here on the forums, and I certainly wont be the last. But, knowing now what demographic is attracted to Rift's Dims, and how financially loyal we can be when made happy, will surely garner the attention these minor requests deserve in the very near future.

That is all.

Cheers!
    Last edited by icbleu; 09-12-2013 at 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling derp
    Come and knock on my door...
    Elvenhome (Totally NOT a dragoncult) | Nestle Down

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. - Marthe Troly-Curtin, 1912

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    My dimension is at 1990 items (capped) . I don't want to start another dimension, I still have so much to do on my main one and when it's finished I will open it up so people can see it. Those that I have let see it love it but we need the option to go to higher items. It has got to the stage of taken multiple items off so I can add other items.
    Why it there a limit and why does it cost so much to increase item numbers?
    Anyway I'm sure once my main dimension is done I will not be doing any others as it has tak so many hours of work to do my main I just wouldn't have it in me to start again.
    Has anyone heard any talk about maximum items going pass 2000?
    So this is were I'm at with my 2000 limit dimension.
    My daily routine has been lately to do a few quest then spend hours on my dimension.
    Being capped with rep and PA I don't do to many dailys just a few for achievements. Now I keep going into my dimension remove one or two items so I can add to other areas that are unfinished. It's all very sad.
    Even though my dimension is not finished due to the item limit I have decided to open it to the public.
    My game name is Mickdayblind if you want to check it out. I think it's called "Nightfall eye in the sky". Have a look and tell me what you think.
    Area's of note are:
    *Top level in house.
    *Bbq area left of house.
    *Wife's grave right of house.
    *War room, up above. Go to shed, right of map to find ramp.
    *Training room above war room.

#Two hidden areas.
    *One above training room.
    *The other has about a 1/3 of my items. You will have to find it. (Some area's here are unfinished due to item restrictions)

Add 1 + if you like please
    Last edited by MickNico; 09-15-2013 at 03:11 AM.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    So this is were I'm at with my 2000 limit dimension.
    My daily routine has been lately to do a few quest then spend hours on my dimension.
    Being capped with rep and PA I don't do to many dailys just a few for achievements. Now I keep going into my dimension remove one or two items so I can add to other areas that are unfinished. It's all very sad.
    Even though my dimension is not finished due to the item limit I have decided to open it to the public.
    My game name is Mickdayblind if you want to check it out. I think it's called "Nightfall eye in the sky". Have a look and tell me what you think.
    Area's of note are:
    *Top level in house.
    *Bbq area left of house.
    *Wife's grave right of house.
    *War room, up above. Go to shed, right of map to find ramp.
    *Training room above war room.

#Two hidden areas.
    *One above training room.
    *The other has about a 1/3 of my items. You will have to find it. (Some area's here are unfinished due to item restrictions)

Add 1 + if you like please
    What shard is it on?
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    What shard is it on?
    Sorry it's on Greybriar
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Hello

I only recently found the joy of dimensions and it has completely obsessed me now
    I started out making a fairytale jungle in faens retreat and got these grand ideas of then building a crystal palace in the sky, but sadly my many plants and trees meant that I didnt have much to work with so I decided to build something else in a new dimension.

Bought Dormant Core as that seemed like it had a higher limit, but then decided to build a huge modern style villa above the waterfall. Villa is pretty much finished now and looks fabulous if I say so myself, but as I built from scratch and have a love for small details, again it leaves me with very little items for the rest of the enormous dimension.
    I now find myself plonking down readymade huts (*cry*) to try and make the rest of the dimesion look less barren.

I would love to be able to build all my ideas for my dimensions and even though 2500 items sounds like a lot, I found I could easily use 10x that in dormant core.

So yes please, more items pr dimension

Oh and if anyone wants to stop by I'm on blightweald.

Faens Retreat - Fairy tale jungle
    Dormant Core - Poly's Crib (villa has 2 secrets rooms)

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Hey, everybody.

We understand your plight, and we want higher dimension item limits just as much as you do. Not only do we want to let your creativity shine, but from a business standpoint, you might buy more dimension items if you could put more in your dimensions.

This means that every time we've been able to up the item limit in dimensions, we have done so. We did this once when Storm Legion was in beta, once after it launched, and again recently when we added the last level that doubled every dimension's potential item capacity.

Unfortunately, we are now up against the curb with item limits, and we're not planning any further increases.

Thanks for understanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Hey, everybody.

We understand your plight, and we want higher dimension item limits just as much as you do. Not only do we want to let your creativity shine, but from a business standpoint, you might buy more dimension items if you could put more in your dimensions.

This means that every time we've been able to up the item limit in dimensions, we have done so. We did this once when Storm Legion was in beta, once after it launched, and again recently when we added the last level that doubled every dimension's potential item capacity.

Unfortunately, we are now up against the curb with item limits, and we're not planning any further increases.

Thanks for letting us know, though it sucks to hear.

On a different note I just noticed the dimension slots /nerdgasmed
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Rift Disciple

Hey, everybody.

I think that was implied before the last increase, and is the main reason that while I'd love more items in some dims, I've not really been hoping for it. Still, it is good to have confirmation, so next time someone asks, we can point to that post.

So now we just have to hope tech improvements in the next few years make an increase possible again at some point, and that dimensions remain a big enough part of the game that it's worth it from Trion's PoV. Slim hope, but you never know.

Hey, everybody.

Ty for the info, but can you please take down the green walls and give us the extra space?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast