+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Zyonyx
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Akhor

Thread: the Dim meta achieve.

Telaran

Default the Dim meta achieve.

I just want to start out by saying that I love dim's and it is one of the reasons I play this game.

But for me as a member of a guild to have the ability to place 5000 objects in my guild dim is unreasonable. No guild in their right mind would allow a reg. ya-hoo member to have that kind of acc.

So the only way I will ever be able to get the meta achieve is to drop guild, beg in Silverwood for 5 sigs, dump 1000k plat down, finish achieve and never go to my 1 person guild again.

I really think that is silly. and I don't think its fair that's the only way for me to get the NPC that comes with the achieve. That because I am not an officer or the leader of a guild I have to buy a 1 man guild and drop the one I am in.

Again its silly.

And if I am wrong and there is some other way around this without leaving my guild then please let me know. T.Y.

The meta doesn't require the guild achieve AFAIK.

NM, I was wrong. It does count towards it. I have to agree that is rather dumb.

What I did for my achievement was drop and pick up the same 200ish items over and over, tedious and boring yes, but if you ask your guild leader for permission to do this I think it's a reasonable request. You could also ask around for other people that have "personal" guilds that aren't using their dimension and see if you could join the guild long enough for the achieve.

Even worse... I have dropped almost 5k of items in the guild dim, yet most Before the achiev, so none of those count... I'd have to pick up 1000's of carefully placed items to register them for the achiev. This means as pointed out it will very tough or impossible to upset the guild dim for this achiev.
    So do I place 200 torches in the ground, pick em up, rinse, repeat until 5k?! How dumb is that? How much of a weasel can I sink to for an achiev? This one will test my weaselism abilities, my patience and my integrity, can I man-up and resist? We'll see...
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    What I did for my achievement was drop and pick up the same 200ish items over and over, tedious and boring yes, but if you ask your guild leader for permission to do this I think it's a reasonable request. You could also ask around for other people that have "personal" guilds that aren't using their dimension and see if you could join the guild long enough for the achieve.
    Just saw this After posting my message LOL, see, it's already the method... sad, but true Rift facts.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonk View Post
    Just saw this After posting my message LOL, see, it's already the method... sad, but true Rift facts.
    Yep. About the only "achievement" being accomplished is not falling asleep and faceplanting the keyboard while attempting to achieve it. .

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Like all achievements in RIft with large quantities they are created to be done over time, however some people grind to do all at once. In regards to the guild dimension one I'm more of the opinion that if guilds with members who love building Dimensions haven't taken the time to consider this achievement and helping their members its on the guild not the person hoping to achieve it or the achievement.

Attachment 14059

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Like all achievements in RIft with large quantities they are created to be done over time, however some people grind to do all at once. In regards to the guild dimension one I'm more of the opinion that if guilds with members who love building Dimensions haven't taken the time to consider this achievement and helping their members its on the guild not the person hoping to achieve it or the achievement.

Attachment 14059
    Honesty rears it's ugly head in a picture... first time we have agreed on anything of value.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Considering its about the third time I've "chatted" to you that is a good track record. Many have done this achievement not just myself so why not have a smile or a laugh? BUT the main reason I have responded is to encourage guild masters to consider their members when it comes to this achievement having also tested this in BETA and suggested back then that this wasn't going to be user friendly for some.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-07-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Plane Touched

I wrote a small Lua addon to help me avoid repetitive stress injuries when working on these achievements.

While it could completely automate adding and removing a dimension item 5,000 times, I chose not to do that, since it wouldn't be in the spirit of the achievement. Instead, I set it to place one item at your location and pick it up again with one click. I figured that was a reasonable compromise.

I haven't published this addon because I'm honestly not sure if I'd be allowed to distribute it. (It could also potentially be abused in a way that could put a lot of stress on the servers.)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    I wrote a small Lua addon to help me avoid repetitive stress injuries when working on these achievements.

While it could completely automate adding and removing a dimension item 5,000 times, I chose not to do that, since it wouldn't be in the spirit of the achievement. Instead, I set it to place one item at your location and pick it up again with one click. I figured that was a reasonable compromise.

I haven't published this addon because I'm honestly not sure if I'd be allowed to distribute it. (It could also potentially be abused in a way that could put a lot of stress on the servers.)
    I read this with a quirky *confused look* I don't think "spirit" is questionable if someone is going to do 5 warfronts in a row for a daily, Great Hunts non-stop all day for reputation, go back to low level zones at max level, do 500 SH's in one week or place a plank of wood 5000 times for achievements - where is the difference? Just have fun. I admire anyone who has the patience for coding.

The OP is worried about access to doing this achievement, they are correct it will be really hard for some so hopefully guild leaders will give it some sincere thought.

EDIT: Ahhh I got ya, reread it. Like I said I admire anyone who can write coding heh good on you for being conscientious.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-07-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    Yep. About the only "achievement" being accomplished is not falling asleep and faceplanting the keyboard while attempting to achieve it. .
    Exactly this.

I hate grinds, I would not have done this if I didn't want the npc for a very specific project that was on a deadline. Now that my main has it finished I am not building with her anymore, I'm focusing on my next toon but do not plan on doing the grind again. My plan is to let it happen over time while being conscientious that the goal is there, I've put her on her own friends list and ship all my plat to her so when it's time to go tinkering in my dimensions she'll be the one placing and picking up the new items. Also my guild is in progress of building our dimension so I'm sure that will happen naturally for the most part but I'll make sure we leave 200 item spaces for those who may want to grind out the rest later.

I really like what Kiwi said, the main point of the game is to have fun! So rather than focusing on grinds this is what I set out to do, trust me if the game is no longer fun that's the day I'll move on to something else. As it sits right now I have lots of fun in Rift so I plan to be here a long time

+ Reply to Thread