+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Daemun
  • 1 Post By Daemun
  • 1 Post By Geriko

Thread: Guild dim permissions bugged

Rift Disciple

Default Guild dim permissions bugged

As some of you may have read our guild dim was recently ransacked (assuming its not a server issue). We've had repeated issues in the past of the permissions resetting, refusing to change or seeming to change on their own. Most times these things seem random but I've been able to repeat one sympton so I wanted to share to save anyone else the same dissaster.

If you have ranks that are set to allow changes to permissions (we have a rank specifically for leadership alts which does) the window will consistantly allow ppl with that rank to make changes to the tick box, those without permissions will have the boxes grayed out, however those changes tend to not take effect. I say tend to because I know it has worked in the past. The only indication you will have that they did not take effect is if you have the right chat channel open you will get a "no permission" line in chat. If you dont have that channel displayed it will simply appear as if you made the changes.

I for one will be keeping off public access until the issue has been sorted. Or at least trying to...
    Daemun, Graeven, Arnheim, Enterus, Kaael, Kareana
    Socius Amicitia
    Faeblight

Rift Disciple

Would like to have some others confirm this as well if you could please. What likely happened to us is that permissions were changed with a toon that was supposed to, and by all indications did have rights to change guild permissions, and then due to this bug the changes did not take effect and left us vulnerable.

A toon with rights to change the permissions will have access to the check boxes however the changes will reset when the window is closed. Toons without rights to change permissions will have the boxes grayed out. This results in you being fooled into thinking you've set your permissions as desired.
    Socius Amicitia
    Faeblight

RIFT Fan Site Operator

There are two sets of permissions.

One is under Guild and ranks as you have both addressed - Press G
    Two is under the Guild Dimension itself-Press [

The second ones some guild leads are not seeing immediately.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-07-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    There are two sets of permissions.

One is under Guild and ranks as you have both addressed - Press G
    Two is under the Guild Dimension itself-Press [

The second ones some guild leads are not seeing immediately.
    Fully aware of that. The ranks and permissions check box is "supposed" to allow members of sufficient rank to change the guild dim permissions. The problem is that changes made by members who are supposed to have permission do not work. Once given permission they can click the boxes but nothing happens and the permissions reset once they close the window. Did you actually read the post?
    Socius Amicitia
    Faeblight

I have something similar. In permissions I have only public checked and nothing under it checked. But when I log on my alts I have the option to pick up and move items. Not sure if that's an account wide thing or a glitch.

Plane Touched

Well considering Trion basically showed us the back of their hand, I hope they at least look into this seriously and keep it from happening both to us again and too others. Losing 2800 items plus whatever in those valued at hurt.. A lot. Something, anything but "We can't help." would be lovely.
    "What is the difference between a "great man" and a "hero"?
    A great man fights until he falls
    A hero gets back up"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    I have something similar. In permissions I have only public checked and nothing under it checked. But when I log on my alts I have the option to pick up and move items. Not sure if that's an account wide thing or a glitch.
    This is normal for personal dimensions, as long as your alts are on the same account as your dimension owner. All your characters on your account will have full access to your personal dimensions. If you're talking about guild permissions then, you'd have to check the rank permissions to see if there's something funky there.

As far as the guild permissions bug for the OP goes, make sure you guys are filling out a bug report for it in game so that they know there's an issue.
    Last edited by Maddori; 09-09-2013 at 02:24 AM.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Daemun View Post
    Fully aware of that. The ranks and permissions check box is "supposed" to allow members of sufficient rank to change the guild dim permissions. The problem is that changes made by members who are supposed to have permission do not work. Once given permission they can click the boxes but nothing happens and the permissions reset once they close the window. Did you actually read the post?
    I did but I also assisted 3 guilds in 2 weeks who didn't realize that second part so this was more for guilds who would see your title and read the entire thread not just your first post.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-09-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I did but I also assisted 3 guilds in 2 weeks who didn't realize that second part so this was more for guilds who would see your title and read the entire thread not just your first post.
    Ignore him Kiwi, he get's all bent out of shape when it comes to forums, or dungeons, or dimensions, or discussions, or politics.. see a trend here? :P

Daemun, feel free to demote me if you find my humor lacking, I'm sure I cause you more problems than I solve!
    A hero gets back up"

Rift Disciple

I don't deny being a touch short tempered or sharp tongued. But I do try to be apologetic for my behavior when it's warranted.
    Socius Amicitia
    Faeblight

Plane Touched

awwwww I'm so proud of you! *claps hands* I'm going to give you a cookie! How does that sound? *ruffles hair*

Seriously though, some response from Trion would be nice but I don't see it being likely considering we're not making a big enough stink over it.
    A hero gets back up"

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    This is normal for personal dimensions, as long as your alts are on the same account as your dimension owner. All your characters on your account will have full access to your personal dimensions. If you're talking about guild permissions then, you'd have to check the rank permissions to see if there's something funky there.

As far as the guild permissions bug for the OP goes, make sure you guys are filling out a bug report for it in game so that they know there's an issue.
    I thought as much. Thanks for the feedback

Plane Touched

Has anyone been able to test this? We're still on the paranoid side here if it's a bug and not an accident on our part If it was an accident, well at this stage that would be great but i'm neck deep in building a bigger, badder and infinitely more detailed dim and *chuckles* losing it would really suck..
    A hero gets back up"

+ Reply to Thread