+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Claudya
  • 1 Post By icbleu

Thread: Your Storage Dimension

Shadowlander

Default Your Storage Dimension

Hi guys,

Bit of a silly question, but as I'm finally prepping to build in my Faen's Retreat dim, I find myself needing a place to store all the items that I've currently spread across the sand in my retreat. I know many of you use other dimensions to store and display your extra items until needed for a build, so I was wondering which ones you prefer to use for that purpose? The starter dimensions are a little small for displaying I've noticed, so I know i'll need to buy a reasonably sized one for storage.

I was considering Auditorium Carnos Plaza myself, as it's relatively cheap for outright purchase and item limit upgrades, and also has some nice flat spaces to lay out my shini-- my dimension items. What storage units do you guys like?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I'm currently using a fully upgraded Shoreward Island for storage and morphing practice, until I can come up with a good idea for the dimension itself. I don't really display my dimension items, but I do have the dimension set to public place and move, so that other people are free to practice as well with the items I have, or just see what a particular item that I might have looks like.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Telaran

I also use Shoreward island upgraded to level 4. I had planned on using it for an idea, but once I got enough loyalty to get edge of infinity, I decided to move it there.

For now, I throw everything in shoreward. I don't organize it. However, back when I got my first dim (Dormant Core) I stored everything up top where all the trees and such were in their own place.

Made it easy to find things. You know, once you climbed out of the core itself

The Auditorium has been my absolute favorite for storage. Lots of flat, open space. Unfortunately, I ended up deleting the character I had bought it on and never replaced it with another one. I'm currently using an alt's Faen's Retreat, and it's not nearly as good. The lighting in those seems to be rather harsh at times.

*checks wallet*

I think I'm going to go buy the Auditorium again...

Shadowlander

Shoreward Island is nice and big, I can see the storage potential in that one. Though if I bought one, I think I'd have to use it for all my darn fished up boats :P. And Carnos Plaza is just so cheap to get and upgrade (I can't seem to keep more than 50 plat while leveling professions lol). And it even has small rooms where you could store and test out lighting!

I use Faen's Retreat and build large platforms high in the sky to practice morphing and store item sets. So far it's working, but it can be a pain to find your stuff and remember what works with what when you are new. It just kills me that I cant sell anything back for plat, so I hang on to it all and hope I can use something. somewhere. maybe.
    Come and knock on my door...
    Elvenhome (Totally NOT a dragoncult) | Nestle Down

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. - Marthe Troly-Curtin, 1912

I am actually using Faen's Retreat on an alt as my dim item warehouse. Furniture and some decorations are stored inside and all the other items are stored outside, There is certainly enough room to drop items and I like that there's a bit of water, where I can store boats and other water related items.

Zyonyx actually inspired me to sort and categorized my items, so building blocks are stored in one area, sorted into wood, stone, metal etc. Then there's an area for plants, one for rocks etc.

I'm still hoping for a search or sort feature for the dim item list and moving bag...
    Last edited by Agrona77; 09-09-2013 at 04:22 AM.

I like Dolcega Valley because it's cheap, flat, and the light is just normal. Since I took down 98 metal planks, 36 stone poles, and 51 stone cubes to replace with limestone on the lighthouse I'm also playing mailbox ping pong with the large stacks.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Zyonyx actually inspired me to sort and categorized my items, so building blocks are stored in one area, sorted into wood, stone, metal etc. Then there's an area for plants, one for rocks etc.
    I'm not sure whether to be flattered by this, or worried about your mental state. Gaining inspiration from me isn't just hitting the bottom of the barrel. It's lifting that barrel up and digging underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    I'm still hoping for a search or sort feature for the dim item list and moving bag...
    Amen. A-friggin-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    I like Dolcega Valley because it's cheap, flat, and the light is just normal. Since I took down 98 metal planks, 36 stone poles, and 51 stone cubes to replace with limestone on the lighthouse I'm also playing mailbox ping pong with the large stacks.
    I used that one before, too, and it really is a decent place for storage. I haven't had to do too much mailbox ping pong because I do almost all of my building on my main. I do make frequent use of Moneybags, though, because I always end up leaving stuff in my bank and I'm too lazy to exit the dim to go get it. Unfortunately, Moneybags has a bad tendency to fall through dimensions items, so you have to be careful where you summon or you're forced to play hide-n-seek.

+ Reply to Thread