+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By CounselorDamos
  • 5 Post By CounselorDamos
  • 1 Post By Fragasm
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By CounselorDamos
  • 2 Post By CounselorDamos

Thread: The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)

Default The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)

Greetings, Dimensioneers!

I want to take you on a journey. A journey to Blightweald, where one mad cleric's dream has finally come to life. A dream of torches, of depth, of endless rows of Greystone Tiles: The Dungeon.

Our journey begins in medias res, as we step through the soft spot created by the Dimensional Wall-Weakener. Overhead, untold tons of rock weigh down, yet the flickering light of naked flame bring a warmth to this subterranean realm.

The journey will be long, and who knows where you've been. No matter whether you're alone or with a friend, your first stop may be in the Bathroom of Bonding, whether it's for a refreshing steam shower or to take care of other pressing business.

After leaving the bathroom, you're presented with a choice. Left or right? Going through the beckoning doorway, you find yourself in the Corridor of Doors. Locked as they are, they only hint at what secrets previous owners may have hidden beyond these walls.

At the far end, however, a staircase leads down into the Study of Secrets - where countless leather bound tomes guard that which is hidden. Stumped by this apparent dead end, you turn, and return from whence you came.

Passing the soft spot where you came in, you soon come upon the marble bench in the Corridor of Contemplation. Seeing the stairs beyond, you sit down to take a breath, gather strength, and wonder how deep you really are.

Pretty darned deep. The Endless Staircase looms above, the landings littered with doors - some open, some closed. What lies beyond them all? And what will you find on the very top?

Picking a random door, you follow a corridor - and find The Pit. A lone skull hints at the fate of those who have braved its depths. A draft tickles the hair on the back of your neck, calling to you, whispering for you to jump, to learn the secrets of the deep - but you turn, fear winning over curiosity, at least this once.

At the very top, after a long, straight corridor, you come upon the warmth and light of the Temple of Elements. Altars of Air, Death, and Life stand ready for those wanting to delve into their mysteries - and a levitating disk stands ready to lift you even higher, up towards the surface.

At the top of the lift, you are surprised to discover the Inn of the Underworld. The fireplace burns merrily, yet the eerie silence makes you feel like this place was abandoned in a hurry. Who used to dine at these tables? And who on Telara keeps all these candles lit?

Upstairs there are guest rooms, empty but clean. Perhaps ghosts are the only patrons left in this establishment? Is that a creak you hear, coming from the attic? Whatever's up there will have to wait...

Backtracking, you follow a breath of fresh air. Beyond a huge and rusty gate, half ajar, torches flicker. Open skies, at last!

Your heart leaps as you see it - against the starlit sky a lone invader lifts his weapon, ready to attack - but as you get ready to defend yourself, you notice the mutant is frozen in time - a dire warning to whoever thinks of scaling those walls.

As your heart rate slows, you look around the garden. A shrine to the lost gods of the Vigil guards the entrance to The Dungeon, and the flora hints at you being somewhere in Brevane... But where?

Are you curious as to what other secrets The Dungeon might hold? Come to Blightweald and see for yourself.

Will you soak your boots in in the Half-Flooded Tunnel? Will you get lost in the Maze of Despair? Will you find the humming magitech in the Chamber of Dreams? Come to Blightweald and see for yourself!

The Dungeon awaits.

-Damos, defiant cleric @ Blightweald

..and for some reason my images turn up as links instead of pictures!

So much for making my first post a success, haha.

Any tips on what I can do to fix this? Delete the post and try again? Contact someone to turn IMG code on?

Desperately,
    -Damos

Third post's the charm! Now using attachments instead of IMG. Now if only I could manage to delete the top posts, and keep the images from being shrunk from their original 650 pixel width...

--

Greetings, Dimensioneers!

I want to take you on a journey. A journey to Blightweald, where one mad cleric's dream has finally come to life. A dream of torches, of depth, of endless rows of Greystone Tiles: The Dungeon.

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-entrance.jpg

Our journey begins in medias res, as we step through the soft spot created by the Dimensional Wall-Weakener. Overhead, untold tons of rock weigh down, yet the flickering light of naked flame bring a warmth to this subterranean realm.

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-bathroom.jpg

The journey will be long, and who knows where you've been. No matter whether you're alone or with a friend, your first stop may be in the Bathroom of Bonding, whether it's for a refreshing steam shower or to take care of other pressing business.

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-corridor2.jpg

After leaving the bathroom, you're presented with a choice. Left or right? Going through the beckoning doorway, you find yourself in the Corridor of Doors. Locked as they are, they only hint at what secrets previous owners may have hidden beyond these walls.

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-study.jpg

At the far end, however, a staircase leads down into the Study of Secrets - where countless leather bound tomes guard that which is hidden. Stumped by this apparent dead end, you turn, and return from whence you came.

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-corridor1.jpg

Passing the soft spot where you came in, you soon come upon the marble bench in the Corridor of Contemplation. Seeing the stairs beyond, you sit down to take a breath, gather strength, and wonder how deep you really are.

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-stair.jpg

Pretty darned deep. The Endless Staircase looms above, the landings littered with doors - some open, some closed. What lies beyond them all? And what will you find on the very top?

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-pit.jpg

Picking a random door, you follow a corridor - and find The Pit. A lone skull hints at the fate of those who have braved its depths. A draft tickles the hair on the back of your neck, calling to you, whispering for you to jump, to learn the secrets of the deep - but you turn, fear winning over curiosity, at least this once.

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-temple.jpg

At the very top, after a long, straight corridor, you come upon the warmth and light of the Temple of Elements. Altars of Air, Death, and Life stand ready for those wanting to delve into their mysteries - and a levitating disk stands ready to lift you even higher, up towards the surface.

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-inn2.jpg

At the top of the lift, you are surprised to discover the Inn of the Underworld. The fireplace burns merrily, yet the eerie silence makes you feel like this place was abandoned in a hurry. Who used to dine at these tables? And who on Telara keeps all these candles lit?

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-inn.jpg

Upstairs there are guest rooms, empty but clean. Perhaps ghosts are the only patrons left in this establishment? Is that a creak you hear, coming from the attic? Whatever's up there will have to wait...

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-freshair.jpg

Backtracking, you follow a breath of fresh air. Beyond a huge and rusty gate, half ajar, torches flicker. Open skies, at last!

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-invader.jpg

Your heart leaps as you see it - against the starlit sky a lone invader lifts his weapon, ready to attack - but as you get ready to defend yourself, you notice the mutant is frozen in time - a dire warning to whoever thinks of scaling those walls.

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-garden.jpg

As your heart rate slows, you look around the garden. A shrine to the lost gods of the Vigil guards the entrance to The Dungeon, and the flora hints at you being somewhere in Brevane... But where?

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-river2.jpg

Are you curious as to what other secrets The Dungeon might hold? Come to Blightweald and see for yourself.

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-tunnel.jpg

Will you soak your boots in in the Half-Flooded Tunnel? Will you get lost in the Maze of Despair? Will you find the humming magitech in the Chamber of Dreams? Come to Blightweald and see for yourself!

The Dungeon awaits.

-Damos, defiant cleric @ Blightweald

Champion

How great work! Would be worth a journey - for sure!
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Amazing! I can't seem to get onto the EU shards from my NA patcher, or else I'd jump on and take a look! I am interested, how many dimension items did you use and which dimension did you use?
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Wow, pictures look amazing! I'll have to stop by Blightweald and check out your dungeon!

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Amazing! I can't seem to get onto the EU shards from my NA patcher, or else I'd jump on and take a look! I am interested, how many dimension items did you use and which dimension did you use?
    I wanted somewhere with plenty of space in all three dimensions, and I wanted running water for the Underground River - so I used Moonshade Pools. It has a max count of 2000 items, and I've stuck in over 1990.

While building I got the "one man construction crew" (or what it's called) achievement, for placing over 1000 building block items. Most of those are Greystone Tiles - I've emptied both my guild's bank and the auction house for copper on several occasions!

-Damos

Here's another couple of glimpses of what The Dungeon holds.

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-river4.jpg

The Grand Gallery of the Underground River lets you climb or descend without getting too wet - just moist.

The Dungeon (a subterranean extravaganza on Blightweald)-thedungeon-kitchen.jpg

After a long bout of spelunking, even heroes need sustenance. Good thing there's a cauldron bubbling in the Kitchen of Champions!

-Damos

Default It's worth a trip.

Ive been to Damos's Dimension on several occasions, and i must say it is deffinetley worth a trip.

This is really cool looking. I love the way the waterfall looks going through the stairwell. Will hop over to EU for a better look.
    Last edited by Maddori; 09-07-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

I visited your dim yesterday and I must say, your dungeon is quite impressive! There are a lot of ups and downs and something to see around every corner! Very well done! I enjoyed my visit greatly!

Thanks, Agrona! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I also hope you found your way, Maddori.

I've been a bit lax marketing the place, but it's still open and awaiting unwary travellers! Make sure to jump in The Pit when you're there. ;)

-Damos

I really enjoyed running around and around and up and down and getting lost. Everything you had to offer me on my tour through your very well made dimension. Made it well worth the time it took me to find my way around. It is beautifully constructed. I had fun getting lost in it.
    Last edited by benthalo; 09-17-2013 at 08:52 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90809&dateline=137690  0590

+ Reply to Thread