+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joining Dimensional pieces used

Soulwalker

Default Joining Dimensional pieces used

I would like to say, Trion, you've done a wonderful job with this game! no joke!

But i have a question: Are you going to be updating Rift any time soon to which you will be able to 'join' dimension pieces used? i'll give you an example.
    I spent about 9 hours yesterday (sept. 3rd) making a sweet dueling arena for my guildmates to use. We started this Guild Tournament, in which we duel eachother "to the death". We were just using the Edge of Infinity dimension, in which it was very Wide open. My arena was made in the air off of that sagespire elevator, using the Black Marble Tile as my 'ground' (although it was in the air!) but i noticed a glitch while showing my guildmates the arena; i could not use any of my blink/teleport abilities to their fullest extent. I would blink, and only end up at the end of the tile i was on when i initiated the blink. i was wondering if you would/were ever going to make an update to where you could join these pieces together so i could blink like i normally blink! *blink blink* please? With this update, i would be #1 in "coolest arena made in midair!" and would love to be able to do this.
    It is okay if you don't make this update as i already have made my arena on ground level. The next thing i would ask is if you could make it to where i can essentially 'delete' any of the debris made on the Threesprings Dimension, as rocks/trees/a well are in the arena, and those would be most of my Line of Sight issues already made into the arena i've built, when i want to be able to create my own Line of Sight issues.. I'm not trying to sound like a nag, but please take this into consideration!
    Last edited by MistrSinistr; 09-04-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Soulwalker

I had the same problem at one point, never did getting around to fixing it
    Last edited by Shiba; 09-04-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Edge of Infinity is the only dimension I've found (so far) that doesn't allow teleports through the barrier. It would not surprise me at all if teleporting of any kind was blocked in there.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I think this issue may be connected to a similar one found in the open world where movement and terrain collide. A good example would be a warrior trying to pull a mob using Sergeant's Order. Sometimes the mob will reset to its original position if it encounters any sort of obstacle between you and it, even though that obstacle may be something small and insignificant like a rock. Or when you're riding your mount and some small imperfection in the terrain sends you flying up into the air.

In the case of the building blocks you were using, it's likely there's some decimal point of height difference between the two where they connect causing the problem. If you don't have the Toolbox addon, download it and see if the joining blocks are the exact same height.

Hopefully they'll fix these terrain issues to be a little more forgiving at some point. Otherwise, it's liable to severely limit how people build their PvP dims.

Soulwalker

At Zyonyx, i downloaded that addon today, and now the issue is that i teleport, and fall through my arena. it is too late at night (right now) for me to try to see if maybe moving the floor panels a decimal closer to eachother will help this one. I am a rogue, and the teleport i am using is the one in the riftstalker tree that you get no matter what (meaning, even when you spend NO POINTS in the tree, you get that teleport). i forget what its called, its has a purple icon with a black figure in the middle. anyway, tomorrow i will see if maybe moving these panels closer together by a fraction will fix this. BY THE WAY, THANK GOODNESS for whoever built that addon (Dimension Toolbox). it only took me 2 hours to do what took me a whole day! love it. and it's soo 'perfect' looking (when you get the hang of how it works, and assuming you can do pretty fast mental math!)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    I think this issue may be connected to a similar one found in the open world where movement and terrain collide. A good example would be a warrior trying to pull a mob using Sergeant's Order. Sometimes the mob will reset to its original position if it encounters any sort of obstacle between you and it, even though that obstacle may be something small and insignificant like a rock. Or when you're riding your mount and some small imperfection in the terrain sends you flying up into the air.

In the case of the building blocks you were using, it's likely there's some decimal point of height difference between the two where they connect causing the problem. If you don't have the Toolbox addon, download it and see if the joining blocks are the exact same height.

Hopefully they'll fix these terrain issues to be a little more forgiving at some point. Otherwise, it's liable to severely limit how people build their PvP dims.
    I tried doing that, and i couldn't blink still. i also tried moving the pieces to where they overlap eachother, by maybe a decimal, and it still didnt work. :\ just need a button that "joins pieces" to make them one, then it wouldn't be such a problem.

+ Reply to Thread