+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Building Blocks

Soulwalker

Default Building Blocks

OK, I am here to complain to the dev's about something...

I build dims, lots of them. Its a great past time for me when im not raiding. My biggest problem im coming to is avalibility of good looking items to use...mainly building blocks. I don't mind buying the decorative items in the game, but building blocks....I use thousands of them...no joke...thousands. I spent over a $100 on building blocks, just for 1 dim. I want to say that again.. I SPENT OVER A $100 ON BUILDING BLOCKS FOR JUST ONE DIM. This is outrageous. If you get the time, come visit a couple of my dimensions...see the time and effort I have put in, the items I have bought and crafted for them. I don't make random crap dims. My friends online think I should start working to be an architect.

Please I implore the dev's to at least make more building blocks craftable.

You guys have not touched the crafting system where dim items are conserned since the release of Storm Legion. This is failure in the development of the game.

I realize that Trion is a business and business's want to make money, I feel however some things are being taken advantage of when it comes to the Rift Store and dims. I love this game, and have been playing well before SL released. I bought the $120 expansion like many other did. Our personal return on that was less then fair. When the F2P system dropped we got what...14k credits?

Because of the changes that have been made (F2P) and the gouging of our wallets from Trion, I am seriously looking to play other MMO's that are less expensive. And the weird part is, I love spending $$$$ on my MMO's, got zero problems with it. But a person has to draw the line somewhere....

I would actually like to hear a response from the dev's about this post, either in response to the post itself or via email or in-game...anything.

Shiba@Laethys
    Azule@Laethys

I can strongly relate to your frustration, and find myself in the same boat.

I am more than willing to spend money on this game, if I feel i'm getting fair value.

Currently, that is not the case, and I've lost hope that it will be. I love this game and community, but personally am looking to the horizon for the next best thing. I've just run out of fight on this issue, but I do hope you and others can continue to try and appeal to the devs for the best interest of everyone involved.

Good luck!
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Soulwalker

Default GREED before NEED

I totally agree with whats been said. I have stopped farming lumber and ore there is very little to make that anyone wants or is of use to Toons atm.esp in DIM construction.

How many new items have been available in the Rift Store and how can we the players make. Seems like You sucking every drop of cash out your long term players before you throw a few crap recipes that you will probably be able to buy for a stupid amount of credits.
    All building block base materials should be able to be made by us the players.

One key mat for apothecary Coruscating ethereal shard 562 credits omfg that's $5 for 3 vials.

MMO's have always been NEED before GREED.
    However in Trions case since F2P Its definitely GREED before NEED. The Greed for money and profit is coming way before the need of us players. We should be able to participate in a game environment without the monopoly of the Rift Store.

FYI I have spent over $910 on credits. This is on 1 account alone and I have several accounts. Balooba@laethys.

I am so over this F2P.

So development team pat yourself on the back give your self a pay rise you deserve every penny in fact "20 pieces s of silver" sounds about the right amount. You have done a great job of side stepping your playerbase.

Soulwalker

Thank you both for your support. If you happen to read this post please voice your opinion. Maybe we can actually get something done.

Shadowlander

Default Give us a Chance to Keep the game Live...

Trion has been really good to us,

- They gave us dimension's to play with..
    - They even gave us some recipes to make item's that we could use in our dimension's..

The beginning recipes item's they gave us also gave the people that had a bit of imagination the chance to make some fantastic structure's in people's dimension's..

The advent of F2P meant that they gave us a Ton's of new items' But NOT a Single new Recipe to add to the crafter's skill's..

I'm not sure of how many other crazy crafter's have gone to the trouble of getting Every Single craft skill on a single char.. I know that I have and in total I think there are a grand total of 60 or so recipes spread among all 11 craft skill's, and maybe less than 15 item's that can be crafted to help in the design of dimension building's..

AS a GrandMaster Crafter in All class's you get no Recognition of the time and material spent to level up EVERY Craft SKILL including all Harvest Skill's..

I'd Love to be able to compare the stuff we do here to what we could of done in a game called SWG..
    In SWG there was a crafter class called Architect..
    They made everything that was used in the House's we had, they even made the house's.. from Small Generic round house, Naboo house's Right up to the massive Guild Hall's..
    You would of had to Played SWG to understand where I'm coming from..

One of the most important item's that the Architect's made was the harvester's in the game.. I'll not go into the mat's that got harvested in SWG But they gave far GREATER choice's in the stat's of the item's that could be made..Relic Level item's.. from Relic item drop's..

The SWG craft system was/is unique to that game alone..

for example to make a House you had to have
    - X number of panels
    - Storage compartment
    and a few odds and end Plus resources on top of the components..

The Point I'm trying to make is that the Player's made EVERY thing in the Game.. Even the Costume that you ran around in..[Master Tailor Class]

You do not have to rely on going to the Store to Buying item's to make your house's.. [Even thou they give you the chance to individualize your house..] wall panel ets[Way expensive..]

+=+=+=+

Here's an Idea Trion.. How about you create a New Craft Class ... Say Like a Dimension Architect..

Who can become a Dimension Architect..
    How about you make it a reward unlock for Getting Every Craft Class in the Game on a Single Character..

What would they make..Mmm Let's Think on this..

How about EVERY type of building Block that is Available in the Game..

Start them off on simple thing's and Build up to higher lvl item's as they level up..
    Give them the chance to get EVERY recipe of EVERY building Block that is available in the game.. at an affordable cost on par with the other craft item's..
    ie use the currency's of
    - Artisan Mark's
    - Master Mark's
    - Grandmaster Mark's.. << Would need to increase the number of Mark's you can stockpile up from what they are at the moment.. 500MM's, 100GM's

For a Dim.. Crafter you have to make the cost of the recipe's Fair and competitive..
    The Cost of the Materials used NOT ridicules..

How about also giving them the ability to craft every Dimension Structure that is in the game..

An example..

A tavern--

- 20 wooden plank's
    - 20 wooden panel rectangular
    - 4 greystone rectangulat panels..

- 4 reagent's [NOT uber expensive]

combine them to get a Tavern..

for color's in the tavern in the Augment Slot Drop in a Dye from a Apoth to get the color scheme...

Another Factor if you ever implement this idea Please DO NOT make the Cost of the Recipe uber expensive and on top of that make sure that the cost of the mat's Are not expensive..

ie use what we have in the game..
    - give multiple of the item when you craft them[Basic Block's]
    - DO NOT use expensive Reagent's if you have to use them.. [one exception maybe for the major item's Like the Completed building's]

Does this give you an idea of where I'm coming from..

You could make this game so much better if you Would just try not to gouge so much money out of the general Player Base's...

Do I build dimension's yes.. I have 2 main one's.. one of them is the prototype of Balooba pyramid @laethys, had to work out the basis of the design somewhere..

Balooba's Pyramid is the 3rd or 4th build that we all agree we like..

If you ever want to talk about my first ever MMo that I played, yes SWG just send a message to Skylair@Laethys

If you Wish to Pick my brain's on the idea/concept of Dimension Architect..

Skylair@Laethys

I feel that crafting in general is woefully underdeveloped. It's one of the very few things we can do to put our mark on the world, but there are so few recipes that have value to anyone.

I have long been disappointed by the tiny list of craftable dim items and would love to see more.
    RIFT in peace.

Soulwalker

further to what skylair said about the Grandmaster architect idea, this should be able to make "dimension keys" using mats from every one of his crafts on top of that they should be able to make the expansions to instead of purchasing from trion yet again.

But back to the original post EVERY BUILDING block item for sale in the rift shop should be able to be made in game. Monopolies stink even in virtual worlds.

Soulwalker

Default Support your Dimension addicts, Trion!

Thank you Shiba, for bringing up this topic.I couldn't agree more. Like you, and countless others I am 'addicted' to messing about in dimensions -just love creating my own little pieces of Telara!
    Time and again, a dim project has been put on hold while my toon runs around making more plat so he/she can afford some of the items from the Rift store- many of which are ridiculously overpriced, and which could be crafted IF we had more recipes!!! It's pathetic how few recipes we are allowed access to, and I for one refuse to spend my precious RL money just to purchase more store credits- which now appear to drive the economy of this game, along with that hideous invention REX which I also refuse to purchase being a pensioner on a limited income.
    Isn't enough that I am a Patron who has subscribed for 3yrs?

Now let me link this topic to another of my current beefs -too much Planarite and not enough to spend it on! Trion raised the cap to 200,000 which is easily maxxed out these days -but neglected to give us more things to use it on. I mean come on- one can only do as many Great Hunts as are available, and if you want the good gear etc you have to go get the marks in raids/dungeons. Which is fine if you enjoy raiding/dungeoning. My husband doesn't and has been maxxed out on Planarite for ages,while frustrated he can't get better gear. Ok- his choice, you might say, but the casual, non-raiding player should be better catered for.

So how about giving us the option of using Planarite to buy more gear, more dimension items, more dimension recipes...even dimensions themselves? That way maybe many of us wouldn't be sitting here up to the eyeballs in Planarite, in basic Level 60 gear with dimensions on 'hold', or forced to use our own money to purchase store credits.

Connach@Laethys
    Krisei@Laethys

Soulwalker

I have to admit, I actually don't enjoy the gameplay in Rift as much as another particular mmo. However, before F2P I discovered dimensions and became completely drawn into Rift. I needed things for my dimension build, so I was inspired to play - to get out the in the world shutting rifts for planarite, to keep questing for platinum to afford upgrading my item limit, to fish in different zones for beds and boats I liked, to work on my notoriety to unlock vendor items, to track down players who could craft specific items I was after. It was very immersive, I had mini goals and it took some patience and some adventuring out in Telara to achieve the vision I had for my dimension.

After F2P, I am completely happy with the types and variety of items that have been added to the store. It is way more fun to build with nicer textures and a bigger range of things that can be combined. My imagination went into overdrive and I had the most fun I've had online in a long time. I was able to redo my first dimension closer to how I envisioned it with many of the new items. BUT, I find that the store items are just so much "nicer" and make up such a large percentage of what is avaliable, I am just standing around in my dimensions with the store and toolbox open. I can play for entire days without having to travel to anywhere in Telara, and that includes the auction house too for the most part. I am building a dimension for my guild, and while there will be plenty of craftables and dungeon drops contributed by others, most of it is from the store and I've already personally spent about $350 in credits and another 6000 in platinum from a guild leader. It's not even finished yet, and yet when you monetise how much a large build like that actually costs, it seems exorbitant...

It is a real shame that dimensions has become so far removed from the rest of the game that you don't actually have a reason to step outside into the world, or to actually network with other players. For me, it has become a very expensive alternative to The Sims franchise as I just can't get immersed back into the rest of it. Not enough carrot for Dimensioneers, once you have all the fishing and dungeon drops you need.

I would love to see a hundred new recipes added just like with the apocethery dyes recently, spread them across all professions, utilising a range of player made/gathered materials. I would be especially excited if there was an augment slot to dye the product during crafting - using the vendor and apocethary dye. I would love there to be more dimension items bought with other currencies too, like Infinity Shards and a whole new range purchased with lots of Planarite. Also, tying some racial themed items to relatively easy-to-get levels of notoriety would be great. Motivate me to travel to far away places and spend time out there getting what I need. I sighed at first when I realised I needed notoriety with The Keepers for the Narrow Kelari Column. Then I just got stuck into it, and was drawn into the beauty and lore of the Ember Isles which I had never before had a reason to explore. The notoriety tied to several of the cannons though, revered just feels like too much 'stick' to bother. It's a tricky balance!

Aalaylia@Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    I can strongly relate to your frustration, and find myself in the same boat.

I am more than willing to spend money on this game, if I feel i'm getting fair value.

Currently, that is not the case, and I've lost hope that it will be. I love this game and community, but personally am looking to the horizon for the next best thing. I've just run out of fight on this issue, but I do hope you and others can continue to try and appeal to the devs for the best interest of everyone involved.

Good luck!
    I share your feelings, but am still hanging in there at least for now. I just have to say it would be a terrible thing for us to lose someone as talented as you are.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I share your feelings, but am still hanging in there at least for now. I just have to say it would be a terrible thing for us to lose someone as talented as you are.
    Throwing my support in here as I am completely hooked on dimensions. Any love we can get here is more than welcome. Common Devs, we need some input here please!
    Quote Originally Posted by martroll View Post
    if rift comes good it be bye bye wow.

Telaran

I'm still new to building (started in July) but it's something my hubby and I both love. In fact, we play the game mostly so we can work on dims or support them by working on crafts, getting rep and so on.

We don't care about end game, raiding or pvp. All we want to do is build.

I'd love to see either cheaper building blocks or even ones we can buy in bulk at a discount.

Now, obviously, being able to craft them would be awesome, but I doubt we'll ever get to do so (aside from what we have now).

I'm going to hang in there though. I may have dumped a considerable amount into Rift in the last 2 months, but this is my addiction. I like to play games, and if there's a certain aspect I like, I'll support the devs. That said, after my last purchase of credits, I'm not buying anymore. I want to see if I can be patient enough to build with just plat.

Soulwalker

Keep supporting this post please everyone...MAY OUR VOICES BE HEARD!!! WE WANT CRAFTED DIM ITEMS!!! And thank you everyone for the support...

Soulwalker

Default Vitrual Monopoly

Monopoly of the rift store. Pity there inst an independent inquiry available for virtual games.

Its not just Building Blocks Shib, How many costume items have been advertised at around $8-$11 and how many costumes can be made buy us the players. Wardrobe weapons should also be able to be made by us the players too.

They gave us dyes!! whoopy doo and whats the cost of the key ingredient. They even had to have a bite of that too.

The monopoly atm is making this game toxic.

Like I said its boils down to GREED before NEED with trion. Lets see whats crumbs they throw us and then make out they have done us all such a big favor and at what COST?

I have lost total faith and respect in Trion making F2P fair..

Ive thought of a great name for a developer SWAGALR.
    Last edited by tonyeuxs; 09-06-2013 at 07:57 PM.

I would like to get hooked on dimensions. And I can see paying premium prices for premium items. But for basic building blocks? No way. This is a stumbling block for me. I think basic building blocks should be craftable. Crafters have really gotten the shaft with free-to-play.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast