+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small item that lets off smoke?

Default Small item that lets off smoke?

Is there an item that you can make small that lets off smoke? Something small enough to fit in a caldron if you shrink it all the way?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

The Ivory Menhir lets off a vapor that looks a lot like smoke, if you PvP enough to be able to buy them or can find them on the AH. Same with the Guardian and Defiant Sourcestones (the vapors from them are blue and red, however).

Under decorations>kitchen, there is a cauldron that already has steam coming from it, but it's a bit pricey.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

you can always go in store -> dim -> landscaping -> geothermal -> double volcanic vent
    and the just make it smaller and put it inside.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

The tea kettle with steam is useful for this too, it's smaller than those suggested.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

well there is a bubbling cauldron that has that effect already but there are several items the teapot might not be best as hit is more like a guyser when i want the "steamy" effect I use the offering shrines

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiexx View Post
    you can always go in store -> dim -> landscaping -> geothermal -> double volcanic vent
    and the just make it smaller and put it inside.
    The only issue with the Double Volcanic Vent is, the smoke is black with orange flares. Which is great for a fire, but not so good for a steamy effect, though. But it does get fairly small.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    The only issue with the Double Volcanic Vent is, the smoke is black with orange flares. Which is great for a fire, but not so good for a steamy effect, though. But it does get fairly small.
    Yes, the smoke effects from the volcanic vent are why I didn't recommend it first. The menhirs also get very small, if the OP doesn't want to go with the steaming cauldron in the first place, since the menhirs also tend to run on the expensive side if the OP doesn't PvP or there isn't a dimension available with the sourcestone quests.
    Last edited by Feendish; 09-04-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

There's also an offering table that has wispy smoke like incense, not sure how small it shrinks or if that's the effect you're going for but I thought I'd mention it

+ Reply to Thread