Like Tree22Likes
  • 14 Post By icbleu
  • 3 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Gaylor
  • 1 Post By Herbal_Fairy
  • 1 Post By Noktrnl Owl
  • 1 Post By Akhor
  • 1 Post By icbleu

Thread: At last! It is DONE!! Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)

Default At last! It is DONE!! Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)

Hello Rift forums

I have finally finished my first dimension and I just have to say, “WOW”. The last three weeks decorating and learning about Dimensioning has been amazing and fun. I got so much inspiration (and apparently shared some too!) from everyone over the course of the last three weeks. It’s been both heartwarming and encouraging to be a part of the community.

I admit my first dimension was an impulse buy, and little did I know what it would lead to; late nights and early mornings crafting and placing and dreaming of how it would all come together.

Allow me introduce my mage, illumine, from the Laethy’s shard. She is only 43 at the moment, and like most independent, slightly rebellious young adults, she has decided to change things up in her world to suit her burgeoning identity. So, without any further ado, my little Aelfwar is here to show you around and give you the three dollar tour:

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-1-illum.jpg

Hi guys, now that The Master is finished with her preamble, a short tour of the main house is in order. Here we have two lovely door trees guarding the entrance to our Elvenhome. Growing strong and tall, they eternally stand guard against ill wishers and intruders.

The interior is lush and green and very very Elven, there is no doubt this place is a place of quiet study, good wine and friendly conversation. Several cozy sitting areas grace the main hall and the intimate fireplace seating area.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-2-mainfloor.jpg

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-2-5-main-floor.jpg

The pantry is well stocked and there is plenty of the Lord’s Special Reserve wine always ready for honored guests.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-3-pantry.jpg

Elven comforts abound and our respect for and love of nature is found everywhere.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-4-bed.jpg

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-5-couch.jpg

The Master shows respect for nature, but also displays a healthy curiosity for science and learning.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-6-study.jpg

Oops. How did THAT get there?

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-6-study-oops.jpg

The Master must be doing some of her Important Works again… NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS… move along, move along...

Just a normal, peaceful SERENE village of law-abiding Elven folk. See? Lots of cute little houses all furnished and very legitimate...

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-7-village.jpg

Local village children are educated in both the latest Magitech methodologies and Deist theories. The schoolroom is complete with a small living area in the back where orphan children of valiant NPC’s are raised with love and care. The innocents living here are the children of the brave souls who gave their life fighting off misguided Heroes bent on collecting so called “quest items”.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-8-school.jpg

Our shipping Harbor is deep enough to accommodate any size ship, and waterfront housing is a premium location for unobstructed viewing of a romantic moonlit night.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-9-harbor.jpg

The Master likes to host moonlight picnics upon The Green at The Water

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-10-green.jpg

Of course no visit is complete without a visit to the tavern, and the Elvenhome in The Tree:

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-11-elvenhome.jpg

The tree hosts many delights and magical natural wonders.

Here we have a magically heated mineral pool for your relaxation and pleasure complete with a view of the ancient halls of Hammerfell. Try a soak and enjoy some of The Master’s special reserve wine.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-12-hottub.jpg

The Great Feasting Hall is laid out and ready for merriment.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-13-feast.jpg

Alas, it is empty now, but we have been promised by The Master that as soon as the Magitech known as “item limits” is mastered by our Magitechnicians we will have a feast the likes of which mortals have never seen. The Master is in her study even now muttering to herself about test releasing her latest project upon the lands known as “Redwood Shores”. Ahh! Those shall be good times. Behold! The Dragons shall be released and the air will be filled with the lamentation of mortals. Lo! The water will run red with bloo… um..

er..

nothing to see…

nothing.to.see.

YOU DIDN’T HEAR NOTHING, GOT IT? Nothing.

Listen, I like you kid. You seem pretty smart and you've come with me this far. You forget you heard anything and I will extend to you a special chance to view the Sacred Dwellings of the Upper Tree. This isn’t an honor lightly bestowed upon folks. The last mortals to come up this way were never heard from again, but I can keep you safe really.

“Bring it on” you say? Well then, LET’S GO!!

Here is the council room where our most important and weighty decisions are made. Many a mortal’s fate is decided as we sit around the ancient brazier of green fire. Fortunes rise or fall with a word or a gesture.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-14-council-room.jpg

Many elves choose to live in the trees to be closer to our work – and lets face it, perhaps a bit further from The Master. She has a tendency to Find Things For Us To Do if we don’t look busy enough.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-15-tree-rooms.jpg

We produce much work for The Master from this lofty perch while we watch over our Dwarven ‘friends’ as they work tirelessly to reclaim Hammerfell. Our work with dragon eggs is particularly famous… or shall be. Soon.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-16-lab.jpg

Above this floor is the Secret Garden. A place of renowned-yet-secret ethereal beauty and loveliness. It is the last place I am showing you as it is as high as The Master is currently able to build (again, something mad about raining sacred Magitech down upon those who would impose unjust limitations, etc. etc.).

Here is a rare glimpse of the beauty that is known as the Secret Garden at The Top Of The Tree:

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-17-secret-garden.jpg

And now that you have seen a small sample of our Elvenhome, I must go. It has been both a pleasure and a privilege to give you the official tour and see you safely away while you are still alive. May your days be un-numbered and productive.

As for me, you can find me in my home - a little cottage down by the pier. Someday soon, maybe the fish will bite.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-18-fishing.jpg
    Come and knock on my door...
    Elvenhome (Totally NOT a dragoncult) | Nestle Down

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. - Marthe Troly-Curtin, 1912

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Some awesome pictures, and I really, really like your advertisement of your dimension.

Perhaps I should hire you to advertise for me.

Great dimension, I never would have guessed it for your first.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

All I can say.."how absolutely wonderful the dimension looks!" (i am glad you are on my shard)

I truly enjoyed reading your script. It is written both fun and mysteriously.

Thank You for sharing a pleasant dimension

-Gaylor
    "No...No, this is NOT like Lincoln Logs at all!" (Meh)
    *Shard: Wolfsbane
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

Fantastic job! I love your use of the elven chairs and stumps in your furnishings. The school and tree house are great!
    Shiadra, Shiasha, Facemoth, and Fimhira
    <Wandering Idiot>
    Dimensions on Deepwood: Bandit Hideout and Silverwood Playground

WOW! Nice dimension! Better than anything I can do. Seriously, I have 3 half finished dimensions I still am putting together on my toons No inspiration.

I'm definitely giving this a +1 ....going to hop on soon.
    <The Malicious Hunt> @ Laethys
    Keval Lv 60 Galloway Lv 60 Niqo Lv 60 Demaicus Lv 53 Zepp Lv 60 Noktrnl Lv 60
    <Sovereign Quorum> @ Wolfsbane
    Darbrios Lv 60 Timosius Lv 14 Daidalos Lv 30 Alessandre Lv 16 Noktrnl Lv 60 Sionis Lv 21 Nikolaas Lv 9

Gorgeous pics and great backstory! I can't wait to visit

Hi guys,

Just a quick update.

I discovered Toolbox.

Naturally this meant I had to redo some portions of the Elvenhome Tree. Here's a screenie of the new and improved Council room.

At last! It is DONE!!  Illumine’s: Elvenhome (NOT a Dragoncult)-councilroom.jpg

Probably goes without saying that dimensioning is so.much.fun....

Cheers!!
    Come and knock on my door...
    Elvenhome (Totally NOT a dragoncult) | Nestle Down

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. - Marthe Troly-Curtin, 1912

Very impressive. Love the way you placed everything. Great job!

I really love your dimension climbing the treehouse was a lot of fun, and I didn't even get dizzy because there was so much to stop and see! I had no idea this dimension was so tall, it gave me a new idea... but I'm gonna try to finish some of my others before taking this on lol. Glad to see you're having so much fun, it really shows in your work

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    I really love your dimension climbing the treehouse was a lot of fun, and I didn't even get dizzy because there was so much to stop and see! I had no idea this dimension was so tall, it gave me a new idea... but I'm gonna try to finish some of my others before taking this on lol. Glad to see you're having so much fun, it really shows in your work
    Climbing the Tree was so much fun. Near the top though, I was heart broken to see you seem to be afflicted with the item limit - so many platforms yet to be populated with wondrous gifts and scenes!

I can't decide which was my personal favourite - it'd come down to either the Orphan's Ward, or the serene Village Well right in the middle of the busy court yard.

While looking at your initial screenshots I was thinking to myself hmm the Council's Room is improved a lot better. Saw your update later in the thread ;-)

~Silir @ Laethys
    Last edited by Silir; 09-24-2013 at 05:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread