+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Feendish

Thread: Making new ground?

Telaran

Default Making new ground?

This is something I've been trying to figure out, and it's bugging me.

I've gone into dims, specifically Edge of Infinity, where folks have made it look as though the ground is green. I figured they used a bunch of mossy boulders, so decided to try it myself. I tried the mossy river boulders, but they're too yellow. Any of the other rocks I looked at are either not flat enough or bright green.

So, for those folks who make their own ground in their dims, what do you make it out of?

Thanks so much.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lunedera View Post
    This is something I've been trying to figure out, and it's bugging me.

I've gone into dims, specifically Edge of Infinity, where folks have made it look as though the ground is green. I figured they used a bunch of mossy boulders, so decided to try it myself. I tried the mossy river boulders, but they're too yellow. Any of the other rocks I looked at are either not flat enough or bright green.

So, for those folks who make their own ground in their dims, what do you make it out of?

Thanks so much.
    I like the undersides of mossy outcroppings, myself, for a couple of reasons:

1. They're HUGE when they're at max size, so you don't need as many.

2. Unlike mossy river boulders, they can be rotated so they're almost perfectly flat and blend together really well.

3. I like the dark underside, because it helps to bring whatever I put on top of it into focus, instead of on the ground itself, and other things like flowers and trees tend to stand out in sharper relief/contrast.

The surface side of the mossy outcropping is the same green color as the other river boulders, and that works if you're wanting to create astro-turf or something like it. The top side also can be turned until it's mostly flat, but the top side is a bit bumpier than the bottom.

Plain mossy boulders might be too yellow for you, but their underside is also almost perfectly flat without any tweaking. Not to mention, they're much, much cheaper than the outcroppings, but be prepared to use quite a few of them. Also, the sides of the mossy boulders are grey instead of the striated rock like the river boulders.

Hrm, perhaps I spend too much time looking at rocks...
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Ascendant

In our guild dimension I used mossy boulders but I will have to look into the outcrops

+ Reply to Thread