+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Faratha

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PVP dimension question

Default PVP dimension question

Does anyone know if our current dimensions will be able to turn into the PVP dimensions when it comes out? Or is it going to be limited to certain locations with restrictions etc that we have to build with once its released?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I could only guesstimate with you at this point but it would make sense that they be new dimensions like the Blackgarden one releasing in 2.4 though Dead Simons reference to spawn points and "king of the mountain" clickable items leave the guess gate wide open.

Click for: Article on 2.4 @RDD

No clue, but I am really excited about this feature!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2013/0...vp-dimensions/

In the video interview, Simon also talked about something the development team is working on for PvPers– PvP dimensions!

Players will be able to take their dimensions and enable friends and guildmates to enjoy a bit of PvP inside.
    "They will be able to buy items from the RIFT Store such as spawn set locations that allow them to create deathmatch-type PvP settings inside their dimensions."

Players will be able to customize who gets invited, etc. to the dimension in order to create custom arena-like settings.

The pairing of PvP settings with the craziness of dimension building should give players tons of options. Deathmatch mazes and jumping puzzles, anyone?
    There wasn’t a date mentioned as to when this feature will be added, but from the sounds of it the team wishes to expand on it if it’s well-received by the PvP community.

(I would almost think with this information...It may be we keep the dimesnions we already have...and they are able to be pvp dimensions...we just spend money to buy whatever it is they are selling to make it a pvp dimension....
    Either way...I can't wait!
    I have seen some of those areana dimensions in the past contest...some of them are WAY Sweet!! Would love to have a pvp in those
    Last edited by DimJumper; 09-03-2013 at 06:08 AM. Reason: add of web-site info

http://www.freetoplay.tv/news/rift-3...vp-dimensions/

In an interview with Buffed.de, Simon Finch, Senior Design Director and Trion Worlds, spilled a few beans about the upcoming trip to the Plane of Water in Rift 3.0.

While we didnít get a release date or window yet and this is still likely quite a ways away, it is nice to see the details starting to flow.

First and foremost, Dimension Warfronts will be coming. Players will be able to purchase spawn points and the like for their Dimension and create their own PvP map to invite others into.

This feature could be taken to other areas of the free to play MMORPG after seeing how it is received by the PvP crowd.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thanks yes we've kept up to date on this forums via these old links:

Daglar Interview
    and linked Trion livestream numerous times. Friday livestreams are the mecca melting pot of keeping up to date on stuffs, so exciting isn't it?! *grins* but with 3.0 being a year or so away who knows how anyone currently playing will take anything. 2.4 is near, have fun with it everybody.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 09-03-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks! And yea either way its going to be amazing to work on these dimensions. I would have to change my current dimension up quite a bit, just to make it pvp friendly. I'm excited! I hope this is still coming in 2.4...

Unless it's been changed recently, there are skills ignored by the dim items many use for flooring... warp as a rogue is a good example, I only mention this if you plan to use dims for pvp, arena and battlegrounds. I built a complete ground floor dueling area designed to avoid this problem and allow all skills to be used without worry of adverse affects.

I look forward to this change, objectives and spawn points (GY's) would be very helpful, also resource generating points to capture, hold and set winning goals. My whole battleground was built for all of these to be placed, just release them and in about an hour I have a working BG that spans many areas, elevations, points of observation, defense, offense, and hidden attack strategies.
    I never get any visitors, maybe the PVP in the name scares players into thinking they will be attacked , but if you want to see my BG / Training ground: Seek and Annihilate (PVP) on Faeblight. It opens with you in the dueling area, the tower mouth lies straight ahead, to the right are ramps leading to many other places (roads, buildings) to fight and capture objectives, there is even an arena far above on the roof of the temple of the abandoned. Around the outside of the temple/tower are various places to defend, hold up, hide and fight, all of these become operational after this upcoming PVP change, just waiting...
    I Rift, therefore I am.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Hi, folks!

To keep you updated, PVP dimensions won't be making it in for 2.4.

We do have people working on it, but I can't confirm a date at this point. Once we have a date, you'll be the first ones to know!

Thanks for your patience.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Thanks for your patience.
    And thanks for keeping us in the loop!

+ Reply to Thread