+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Wishlist 2.?

Plane Touched

Default Wishlist 2.?

K, I swore we had a wishlist thread going but I cant find the bloody thing

Anyways, some things i've thought about recently that i'd like to see and likely someone has mentioned these already.

Circle tiles, square poles and beveled tiles of all kinds.

Wonder if we can get an admin to sticky the wishlist thread? Im sure I just missed it but it cant be further back that 4 or 5 pages..
    "What is the difference between a "great man" and a "hero"?
    A great man fights until he falls
    A hero gets back up"

Plane Touched

Top of my wishlist is an item we can place in our dimensions to indicate where a player should spawn in.

If possible, its geometry would only be visible in edit mode.

I imagine it might work like statues, so that it drops a player in from above until the player either collides with an object or with the terrain, whichever comes first.

I think this would be essential if PvP dimensions are ever implemented.

Plane Touched

Next on my wishlist is the ability to scale an object independently on the x-, z-, and y-axes.

(I believe the rendering engine can accommodate these transforms, so it would just be a matter of adding two new data fields and extending the UI and Lua API.)

Plane Touched

Continuing my wishlist, my third priority echos Geriko's.

I'd like to see the following building blocks added:
    • Equilateral triangle (not needed if independent axis scaling is added; it can be transformed by x- and/or z-scaling the right triangle we already have)
    • 30-60-90 triangle (this can't be created from an x-/z-transform of the right triangle)
    • Regular pentagon (not strictly necessary if we get scaling triangles)
    • Regular hexagon (not strictly necessary if we get scaling triangles or an equilateral triangle)
    • Half or quarter of a regular dodecagon (to be used as a semicircle; players can use two or four to make a full circle)
    • A full set of building blocks with a translucent glass texture, like the one used in the mystical orb and magitech objects

Plane Touched

Number 4 on my wishlist would be a vertex shader set on the entire object mesh. Players could specify R, G, B (but probably not A) and a standard blend mode to change the coloring of the entire object.

This could approximate players' wishes for dyeable objects without having to add dye channel textures to every model.

I realize this is probably not very realistic, but I figured hey, since this is a wishlist, why not?

Plane Touched

I probably should have given this a higher priority, since it's easy:

Remove the green shimmer effect from the interior barriers of the dimension. Visitors will know anyway when they hit an invisible wall, floor, or ceiling, so why spoil their view?

Perhaps leave this effect enabled in edit mode for dimension builders.

Plane Touched

I wish for pre-2.3 pricing on all building block items. (The walls, floors, and roofs can keep their expensive prices, I suppose.)

It's okay for luxuries to have a high price tag, but not building blocks.

Plane Touched

Two large blank-canvas style dimensions.

One with normal exterior day-night-cycle lighting. Perhaps a large flat plain in Stillmoor could be sectioned off for this.

Another with only interior ambient lighting. I'm not sure if there's a large, completely enclosed hall somewhere that could be cleared out for this.

Plane Touched

I'm not sure if this is something I'd really use, but how about a 1x1x1-meter effect-based grid that can be toggled on or off in edit mode? Think of laser lines filling your dimension.

Or maybe 4x4x4 since those are the unscaled sizes of the floor/wall/roof components. (1x1x1 might be impossible to see around. Some experimentation might be needed.)

If you're feeling really ambitious, you could add a second toggle to allow object rotation centers to snap to this grid.

The hauted terminal as a dimension, with an acces from the ground to the top level of the terminal (like teleport we have in the chronicle)
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Rift Chaser

Well here is my wishlist folks

1) Ability to buy a blank land area, setting your own cubic feet requirements with the total allowable primitives being related to area

2) Ability to texture, and raise/lower the land, together with ability to add water

3) All the other improvements suggested above this post of mine

4) Ability to add mobs and or populate the dimension, setting mob levels, and defining if hostile/neutral/friendly etc - in short a sandbox type environment

5) Would be content to continue to pay current dimension real life money costs for what amounts to true 3D graphic design - OR - a very very significant reduction in prices to enable easy purchase of all dimension items in game currency for a casual player

-An object that makes the time set to permanent night (so we can build light effects that aren't worthless most of the time but always keep their dramatic effect)

-Water! (I'm using the EI ponds right now, but they don't scale small and they're very shallow )

-Glass tiles, in all the standard shapes. Better if they come in different colours too, so we can build stained glass windows <3

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Geriko View Post
    K, I swore we had a wishlist thread going but I cant find the bloody thing

Anyways, some things i've thought about recently that i'd like to see and likely someone has mentioned these already.

Circle tiles, square poles and beveled tiles of all kinds.

Wonder if we can get an admin to sticky the wishlist thread? Im sure I just missed it but it cant be further back that 4 or 5 pages..

Going to keep saying it.

In Tempest Bay at the Dimension Store (physically) there are fake statues of guards as art. Easy port for the devs as they are free standing and not NPCs. Please give us those .........Prettty please

I have wished game developers for years would let us use the character editor and put in NPCs of our creation. I know we can never hope for that but statues......przzzzz.
    Last edited by Warface; 08-31-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    I probably should have given this a higher priority, since it's easy:

Remove the green shimmer effect from the interior barriers of the dimension. Visitors will know anyway when they hit an invisible wall, floor, or ceiling, so why spoil their view?

Perhaps leave this effect enabled in edit mode for dimension builders.
    This would be awesome, but I can see some players thinking there was some kind of bug going on when they couldn't move forward anymore, especially those who are new to the game, and to dimensions. My suggestion would be that it stays invisible until a player actually touches it....then the usual green wall would appear.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

My Wish List:

1) Circle Tiles of each kind

2) More roofing variety (like asian tile, thatched, etc)

3) More steam punk themed items

4) More elven themed items

5) Glass building blocks

6) More water options

7) More elevator variety

8) Armor Weapon Display (for stuff you earned)

9) Various storage devices like wardrobes, chests, etc that actually added storage space to your account

10) Potted plants, farmable devices...aka like once a day i can click on a farmable sapling in my dim for some elm wood. Or a potted plant for some lucid flower. Etc.

Thats all I got for now.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast