+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Practice Dummies Falling through Floors

Default Practice Dummies Falling through Floors

I just built a practice area in the guilds dim, 2 raid boss and 8 expert boss dummies on sandstone flooring, when I leave and come back in the dummies keep falling through the floor
    to the level below... no matter how I position them, I tried putting other pieces under them, raising & lowering them... just the statue falls through, not the pedestal.
    Any ideas?
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Not sure what's up with statues lately but they seem to be having a lot of issues with falling through floors. I have no answer for you but do suggest submitting a bug report.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Yeah, sometimes you can stack stuff under them, but sometimes you need to stack stuff all the way to the real floor, which if your doing a 2nd story type place, that's not much of an option. I got tired of fighting with them and moved them all to an open ground area. Same issue with the bartender, but he's on the 2nd floor of our guildhall, so what I eventually did was put a couple layers of stuff under him, AND raised him about 6" off the floor and built him a new bar so you wouldn't notice his floating. I don't think I ever tried floating the dummies, so if you don't mind them not touching the floor, you might want to give that a shot.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    Yeah, sometimes you can stack stuff under them, but sometimes you need to stack stuff all the way to the real floor, which if your doing a 2nd story type place, that's not much of an option. I got tired of fighting with them and moved them all to an open ground area. Same issue with the bartender, but he's on the 2nd floor of our guildhall, so what I eventually did was put a couple layers of stuff under him, AND raised him about 6" off the floor and built him a new bar so you wouldn't notice his floating. I don't think I ever tried floating the dummies, so if you don't mind them not touching the floor, you might want to give that a shot.
    I did try floating them, stacking various flooring/materials under them, pick them all up, put em all back down... I had them elsewhere elevated with no trouble, built a new area, moved them and now the grief.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wonk View Post
    I just built a practice area in the guilds dim, 2 raid boss and 8 expert boss dummies on sandstone flooring, when I leave and come back in the dummies keep falling through the floor
    to the level below... no matter how I position them, I tried putting other pieces under them, raising & lowering them... just the statue falls through, not the pedestal.
    Any ideas?
    Yah my guild questmasters and bartenders doing same, but only on certain floor types. One building they are fine, the next they drop through. I tried carpet underneath, seemed to hold a day or two lol.

I think they just gained too much weight. :P

Greetings
    I have had a similar problem occur also. I have a dimension Faen's Retreat on Laethys.

I went in their just yesterday to put a few items in and found that one of my shimmer sands houses was completely moved back and into the rocks. -- 1/2 the items that were placed in had fallen into the floor and the rest were off centered.

I decided that it would be easier to pick up those items and replaced them than try to lift and turn them back into the original slots.

I asked in my guild if anyone else had experienced this and 2 members also have had some problems of this sort. 1 member reported it was also in Faen's Retreat. The other member stated it was Sanguine Shores.

We all reported it to the appropriate places.

Sad however it happened. It does give me the chance to make some changes though.
    "No...No, this is NOT like Lincoln Logs at all!" (Meh)
    *Shard: Wolfsbane
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

After trying everything I could think of to stop the dummies from falling through... I gave up and moved them to a new location where they are stationary, for now. The odd part is that I had them in another location on the same type of flooring, yet when I rebuilt it elsewhere in the dim (lower to the ground!) they would not stay on the platform.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

+ Reply to Thread