+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Editing mode can't be done with 2+ people...

Default Editing mode can't be done with 2+ people...

Every time my friend and I try to edit our guild dimension, whatever we are targeting the other person switches to. Like, say I'm moving a wood plank and he's moving a crate (just an example) I will un-target my wood plank and he will involuntarily target my plank instead and drop his crate where it was and it just keeps doing this whenever we are both trying to edit the dimension at the same time. It just jumps around and targets random objects. Only allowing one of us to edit so this doesn't happen.

Is this a common glitch or are we just somehow broken?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samooryesord View Post
    Every time my friend and I try to edit our guild dimension, whatever we are targeting the other person switches to. Like, say I'm moving a wood plank and he's moving a crate (just an example) I will un-target my wood plank and he will involuntarily target my plank instead and drop his crate where it was and it just keeps doing this whenever we are both trying to edit the dimension at the same time. It just jumps around and targets random objects. Only allowing one of us to edit so this doesn't happen.

Is this a common glitch or are we just somehow broken?
    Nope, it's common.

Best thing if you are both working at the same time...get a lot of distance. You work at one end, and he works at the other. The targeting might still happen sometimes, but not nearly as often.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

This has happened a lot with me too, usually when the two of us are trying to manipulate the same item type. I personally haven't had this happen when we're messing with different items so my simple solution is to make sure I'm working on something completely different from my friend. One thing you should watch for is items that get tossed out of bounds when they glitch. I had this happen a lot in vengeful sky and I had to go through the item list and pick up the glitched items to fix it.

+ Reply to Thread