Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By ejraptor
  • 1 Post By Akhor
  • 1 Post By Xenoheart
  • 1 Post By Tamarama

Thread: The size of Dimensions to Small

Soulwalker

Default The size of Dimensions to Small

hi there i Really think That the Dimensions is to Small. i Use a big amount of time and effort on Dimensions. and i really cant stand the small Dimensions i Need something Larger to Build in Please.. i had Stone flask and now i haw Dormant core in Progress but still i dont think that the Space to Build in is Perfekt for my taste. i need something more flat and with more opportunities and Spacy to Also it does`nt matter if there is no Houses as long as there is a lot of Space for Building a City.. and some more water space for maybe Building a port for it...

sry my long text but it really is a problem for me becourse my intention is to Build something that all People will like and keep going to for new ideas...

All regards Rafafi.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafafi View Post
    hi there i Really think That the Dimensions is to Small. i Use a big amount of time and effort on Dimensions. and i really cant stand the small Dimensions i Need something Larger to Build in Please.. i had Stone flask and now i haw Dormant core in Progress but still i dont think that the Space to Build in is Perfekt for my taste. i need something more flat and with more opportunities and Spacy to Also it does`nt matter if there is no Houses as long as there is a lot of Space for Building a City.. and some more water space for maybe Building a port for it...

sry my long text but it really is a problem for me becourse my intention is to Build something that all People will like and keep going to for new ideas...

All regards Rafafi.
    Rafafi,

Rift's dimensions were never intended to be massive-scale areas for people to build with an unlimited item count. They are designed for players to use spaces to create anything they choose within a limited item count framework. If cities and large (however that's defined) spaces is what you're looking for, I would say check out Minecraft as that allows you the opportunity to build endlessly.

In Rift, players enjoy even the smallest of dimensions. Even a few hundred items can capture the emotional energy of a well-designed space. Bigger isn't always better. It's what you do within the limited framework that really captures the attention of the playerbase.

Hope this helps.

I have seen entire cities built in Faen's Retreat and Shoreward Island. Maybe you can try one of those dimensions

Plane Touched

I agree with other to say that you can build very nice thing in a small place.I remember a livestream where they showed a dimension made in the last room of king's breach that was really amazing.

I understand what you are looking for but I am not sure that you can do it right now.
    I think however that dormant core could be nice if you build all along the road from top to bottom.
    It would make a nice looking and quite big city
    Also don't forget that you are not limited by the ground level.

It depends of how detailed you would like it to be but i think you will hit the item limit before running out of space.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ejraptor View Post
    Rafafi,

Rift's dimensions were never intended to be massive-scale areas for people to build with an unlimited item count. They are designed for players to use spaces to create anything they choose within a limited item count framework. If cities and large (however that's defined) spaces is what you're looking for, I would say check out Minecraft as that allows you the opportunity to build endlessly.

In Rift, players enjoy even the smallest of dimensions. Even a few hundred items can capture the emotional energy of a well-designed space. Bigger isn't always better. It's what you do within the limited framework that really captures the attention of the playerbase.

Hope this helps.
    Yea i know what you mean but its the eviroments thats not good enough sadly you cant built a City and a Port in any of this Dimensions. and when i reffering to a city i dont mean 3 houses.. i men a area just a little bit bigget than stone flask tavarn. and also with a little more water..

Quote Originally Posted by Rafafi View Post
    Yea i know what you mean but its the eviroments thats not good enough sadly you cant built a City and a Port in any of this Dimensions. and when i reffering to a city i dont mean 3 houses.. i men a area just a little bit bigget than stone flask tavarn. and also with a little more water..
    I have a cool suggestion I still have yet to see.

I wantt to see someone floor closed the crater in dormant core. By doing so you could create a giant city surrounded by water. The crater could easily be closed up by giant rocks and/or the new buildings that have been entered into the game.

I know its geeky but using dormant core in that was I was wanting to make a replica of TarValon from wheel of time with arching bridges and spires. It has a wicked high item count so its definitely possible. The volcano nearby will make a perfect dragon mount!! If anyone(s) wants to work on this project with me let me know :-)

(Or maybe I could go all dark and turn it into shayul gul...but the white tower has gotta be awesome if I do that).
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 08-29-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    I have a cool suggestion I still have yet to see.

I wantt to see someone floor closed the crater in dormant core. By doing so you could create a giant city surrounded by water. The crater could easily be closed up by giant rocks and/or the new buildings that have been entered into the game.

I know its geeky but using dormant core in that was I was wanting to make a replica of TarValon from wheel of time with arching bridges and spires. It has a wicked high item count so its definitely possible. The volcano nearby will make a perfect dragon mount!! If anyone(s) wants to work on this project with me let me know :-)

(Or maybe I could go all dark and turn it into shayul gul...but the white tower has gotta be awesome if I do that).

I am already making Domant core with 4 - 5 Floors. but still i would really like a New kind of Dimension like Stone flask tavarn just a little bit bigger and with more water too..

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Have you looked at Shoreward Island? While it is hilly, plenty of cities have been built on hillsides. Many people also build out over the water for flat space.

Lots of possibilities there.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Three Springs & The mossy village kit offer a great deal of opportunities for making a small town or city relatively easily.

(My personal style is i use or combine pre-made structures to implement buildings in my dimensions when possible)

+ Reply to Thread