+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Zyonyx
  • 1 Post By Wonk
  • 1 Post By Fredelas

Thread: Glass windows and floors?

Telaran

Default Glass windows and floors?

High all, I'm trying to make a large castle in moonshade, and I really would love to have a glass floor going over some of the ponds in the area, in addition to glass windows. Are there any items besides elven coffee table with see through glass, or alternatively if anyone knows some tricks to help with that, I would be appreciative.
    Last edited by Luix; 08-27-2013 at 11:21 AM.

There is a larger table fished up in Iron Pine with the same glass top that should work better, it also doesn't have a piece of wood dividing the middle of the table so you get much more glass surface overall.

I think the new windows from the store have collision, which prevents you from jumping through them. You might be able to make those work as a floor if you can hide the window sills and sashes. Would be cool to try!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    There is a larger table fished up in Iron Pine with the same glass top that should work better, it also doesn't have a piece of wood dividing the middle of the table so you get much more glass surface overall.
    The caveat of this being that the drop rate for those tables is abysmal. You'll likely have an easier time finding lips on a chicken than actually fishing up one of them, let alone several. By the time you have however many you need, you'll have enough snowy logs, rowboats, and rocks to fill up another dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    The caveat of this being that the drop rate for those tables is abysmal. You'll likely have an easier time finding lips on a chicken than actually fishing up one of them, let alone several. By the time you have however many you need, you'll have enough snowy logs, rowboats, and rocks to fill up another dimension.
    This player knows of where they speak, the drop rate is depressing.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Always the optimist, I am currently mulling over ideas of a dimension to make use of those chicken bits as we speak :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post

Telaran

So really the only choice here is for us to group up irl, perfect our martial skills, storm trions HQ, and demand they increase the drop rates.

Scratch that last part, we will storm them, take over leadership of the company, institute slave labor on the dimension dev team, and force them to make glass panels.

WHO'S WITH ME GUYS.

EDIT: But anyways, as unfortunate as the drop rate is, does anyone know about the suggestion of collision being on windows panels in the walls / frames?
    Last edited by Luix; 08-27-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Luix View Post
    So really the only choice here is for us to group up irl, perfect our martial skills, storm trions HQ, and demand they increase the drop rates.

Scratch that last part, we will storm them, take over leadership of the company, institute slave labor on the dimension dev team, and force them to make glass panels.

WHO'S WITH ME GUYS.

EDIT: But anyways, as unfortunate as the drop rate is, does anyone know about the suggestion of collision being on windows panels in the walls / frames?
    If you use a [Window Frame] it's transparent and your character collides with it. However, the bounding box for collisions is significantly bigger than the window frame. If you flip it on its side to use as a floor, your character will appear to float over it slightly. Here's an example:

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    If you use a [Window Frame] it's transparent and your character collides with it. However, the bounding box for collisions is significantly bigger than the window frame. If you flip it on its side to use as a floor, your character will appear to float over it slightly. Here's an example:

Thanks Fred, that's what I was imagining. If you can sink the frame deep enough, that could work pretty well as long as the collision on the sides isn't too big.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

+ Reply to Thread