+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: Need help installing toolbox on PTS!

  1. #1
    General of Telara Foxfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    957

    Default Need help installing toolbox on PTS!

    I recently had to do a factory restore on my computer and lost everything (don't ask :P). So far I have everything back the way it was before, all games installed and working correctly, etc., except for one problem. I cannot figure out how I got Dimension Toolbox to work on PTS before this happened. The first time I installed it, I did it without using the Curse client...a friend that I no longer have contact with told me how to do it, and now I can't remember This time, I used the Curse client, and it is working fine on the regular servers. But I have not been able to get it to work at all on PTS. I've searched the forums and can't find anything.....would some kind soul please tell me how to do this, either with, or without the Curse client? I did try adding RIFT-PTS to the game list on the client, but that didn't work.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I recently had to do a factory restore on my computer and lost everything (don't ask :P). So far I have everything back the way it was before, all games installed and working correctly, etc., except for one problem. I cannot figure out how I got Dimension Toolbox to work on PTS before this happened. The first time I installed it, I did it without using the Curse client...a friend that I no longer have contact with told me how to do it, and now I can't remember This time, I used the Curse client, and it is working fine on the regular servers. But I have not been able to get it to work at all on PTS. I've searched the forums and can't find anything.....would some kind soul please tell me how to do this, either with, or without the Curse client? I did try adding RIFT-PTS to the game list on the client, but that didn't work.
    Try doing a copy from the standard Rift folder, then pasting it in the RIFT-PTS folder. If I remember right, that's how I installed it on mine.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel


    Baradara@Greybriar

  3. #3
    General of Telara Foxfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    957

    Default Thanks:)

    Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Try doing a copy from the standard Rift folder, then pasting it in the RIFT-PTS folder. If I remember right, that's how I installed it on mine.
    That wasn't exactly it, but you put me on the right track to figure it out I had to change the name of my Rift PTS folder's name in the users file path to match the one that the PTS client was actually looking for...if that makes sense. Not sure that's a good clear explanation, but it's working again
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

  4. #4
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    That wasn't exactly it, but you put me on the right track to figure it out I had to change the name of my Rift PTS folder's name in the users file path to match the one that the PTS client was actually looking for...if that makes sense. Not sure that's a good clear explanation, but it's working again
    Yep, I got it, and I'm glad it's fixed.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel


    Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts