Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Jamalji
  • 1 Post By Foxfire
  • 1 Post By Agrona77

Thread: Temple of the Fallen - Greybriar

Default Temple of the Fallen - Greybriar

Kitsunetsuki is the caretaker for the Temple of the Fallen,
    located on the Greybriar shard.

Once a serene place it has taken damage during some of the more intense battles between the Guardian and the Defiant.

Temple of the Fallen - Greybriar-2013-08-25_120836.jpg

Temple of the Fallen - Greybriar-2013-08-25_121035.jpg

Temple of the Fallen - Greybriar-2013-08-25_114949.jpg

Temple of the Fallen - Greybriar-2013-08-25_115134.jpg

I appreciate the likes, I hope that some have taken the time to visit. Also any feedback would be appreciated. The lack of comments tells me that I have a lot more work to do to make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    I appreciate the likes, I hope that some have taken the time to visit. Also any feedback would be appreciated. The lack of comments tells me that I have a lot more work to do to make it interesting.
    I just tried to visit, but couldn't find it on Greybriar. However, you have a really nice idea, but I don't see very many items there that you have actually placed, at least not in these screenshots. I would suggest doing some visiting to other "temple" type dimensions to get a little inspiration. I have a hard time coming up with ideas myself, so I do that all the time
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

I did test it prior to putting up this post and I was able to confirm that others could get to it. If you just typed "Temple" in the search box it will come up. Being very new, it probably won't be on the top 1000 results.

But for now that's OK, because I will redo my pictures and beef up the story line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    I did test it prior to putting up this post and I was able to confirm that others could get to it. If you just typed "Temple" in the search box it will come up. Being very new, it probably won't be on the top 1000 results.

But for now that's OK, because I will redo my pictures and beef up the story line.
    Well, I did try that for both the all time list and the weekly list. I will try again later though....the search function doesn't always work right for some reason:)
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

I was trying to find a damaged temple structure in your screenshots, or any indication that there was a war. Right now, it just looks like the base Dolcega Valley dim, with a few plants added.

I agree with Foxfire, tour a few dimensions and get some ideas on what/how to build things. You are on the right track with your background story. It's a very great idea, now you just need the build to match it!

You can always post in the dimension forum for questions or if you want to invite us for a visit and/or brainstorming session.

Also, join the chat channel dimensionaddicts@deepwood, someone is always available for questions and if I'm in there, I wouldn't mind an invite to your dim.

I agree totally ... it's really hard to find or position objects that will effectively give that war effect without having part of the prop sticking out. I haven't abandoned all hope...yet If anyone has recommendations on creative fire effects I'm all ears!

hey Jamalji, for fire effects people normally use burning torches and hide it so that all you can see is the flames, for smoke try either copper teapot with steam or the stone cauldren with boling water for effects as welll

Hope that helps
    Leyanyar & Taresys: Nocte Eterna Zaviel EU - Zanthas, Lalena, Corrach & Cyanese : The Templars Faeblight NA - Lalenadd & Cyanesel: RDD Road Trip on Laethys NA
    Dimensions: Cyanesel - RDDAnhkor Pools, Zanthas - Zanthas Apothercary WIP Faeblight

I see what you're going for with the plants and roots taking over the buildings. I think that to cement that idea you should build your own more dominant structure and do the same with it. Perhaps even with bricks and columns tumbling down.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread