+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Caelthas

Thread: Dimension descriptions

Plane Touched

Default Dimension descriptions

I've noticed a lot of players tend to cram a lot of extra stuff into their dimension names in an attempt to describe what visitors might find there.

Does anyone else think it would be helpful if owners could include a short description of their dimensions, in addition to the name?

I'm not sure how this could best be included in the existing UI for dimensions. But I think the amount of extra data storage required on the server would be trivial, compared to how much is already needed for dimensions.

This suggestion has been made, as well as the idea of a log book where people can leave comments for the owner without having to mail them. I think both would be a great addition and allow us to communicate with our visitors more.

Plane Touched

Oh okay, thanks for letting me know!

When I searched for "dimension descriptions" I got back a bunch of unrelated information, but I'm glad to hear Trion is aware of the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    I've noticed a lot of players tend to cram a lot of extra stuff into their dimension names in an attempt to describe what visitors might find there.

Does anyone else think it would be helpful if owners could include a short description of their dimensions, in addition to the name?

I'm not sure how this could best be included in the existing UI for dimensions. But I think the amount of extra data storage required on the server would be trivial, compared to how much is already needed for dimensions.

Yup, there's been some suggestions around here somewhere =p

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default In the meantime....

People could do themselves ie

House-name
    Maze-name
    Arena-name
    Jump-name
    Castle
    Mud Wrestling-name

etc I may have said in that link not sure cawfeeeeeeeeeeeee hah
    Lets start a sexy revolution to make this happen first 100 people to do so get a wood plank!

Telaran

Wooo, wood planks! I used so many of those for my tree house, and it's only half done

A descriptive mouseover or short description field would be really nice, Trion.

+1 vote
    Rule #2: Double Tap

We could change the message that we see with the zone in screen.

Fragasm's Paradise

After a long day fighting the dragon cults, Fragasm comes home to relax.

Something, I don't know. Good idea though!
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

+ Reply to Thread