+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: the price of Dimensions items and sell back.

Soulwalker

Default the price of Dimensions items and sell back.

due to the update today i seen that items sell back as doped everything to 1 sliver when for instance an item i have and was considering selling back would have gotten me around 300pl. normally i would buy rift credits and get he dimension chest and what items i didn't want i would sell back and then use the pl to get items that i wanted. now that you have taken that away i have to fight ti sell items on the ah and which you all most never sell is there a way to put the sell back prices back on the items please. thanks
    As i look to my soldiers the first thing comes to mind AIR ASSAULT!!!!!!!!DEATH ROW!!!!!!!!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Yep I'm in the same boat I like designing a dimension around the items not the other way around, its my way of keeping creative so I buy the chests. Now I guess conservation will have to kick in. It was also the best way to buy flowers/rocks.

Hmmm the creative plot thickens.

Soulwalker

yeah i am sitting here trying to figure out how i am going to do this now
    As i look to my soldiers the first thing comes to mind AIR ASSAULT!!!!!!!!DEATH ROW!!!!!!!!

Default Hmmph!!

Heaven FORBID they should give us any help at all in getting more plat!!! Sorry guys, this is such a sore subject for me, I can't help feeling angry even though I don't buy the boxes myself.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Wait... they made the sell back prices even lower?

Take it up with these dudes....

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...se-needed.html

I understand the idea that they don't want people turning their credits directly into plat, it just really sucks that in order to try out an item and see if it works out you have to be willing to eat the cost whether or not it turns out to be what you really wanted.

Incidentally, I saw a guy spamming in trade the other day that he wanted to buy REX and was offering to gift items he bought with credits in exchange for COD of 75% of the cost in plat. Same guy had a good number of plants and trees for sale on AH. Obviously he wouldn't have been able to keep up any cycle if he weren't making his money back.

Bottom line is that other people are abusing our sector of the game and we're the ones who suffer for it.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    Wait... they made the sell back prices even lower?
    Yeah they just reduced it about a month ago so now it's just 1 silver? Wow, that seems pretty drastic. Guess all those folks hoarding plat are just... wait, where are they anyway??
    Last edited by Jaedor; 08-21-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Yeah they just reduced it about a month ago so now it's just 1 silver? Wow, that seems pretty drastic. Guess all those folks hoarding plat are just... wait, where are they anyway??
    If you find them, let me know. I've got this bottle of chloroform I've been using on Caelthas, but I'm afraid it's going to cause permanent damage if I use it on him anymore, and I really hate to see it go to waste.

*Slips a dart in a blowgun and waits patiently for Caelthas to rant*

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    No one is hoarding plat since they either burned it away with Dimensions or spent it on the crazy priced greaters on the AH.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    No one is hoarding plat since they either burned it away with Dimensions or spent it on the crazy priced greaters on the AH.
    I'm hoarding plat! I stay away from dimensions and I refuse to buy those crazy priced greaters on the AH. I have one searing greater that dropped from a stronghold and that will do me

It does really suck that they gutted the sellback prices to 1 silver but it is not like they have not done it before. Every time there is a way to make decent amounts of plat easily some peoples find ways to exploit it and they nerf it

just like they did with the price of a stack of fish, with the plat dropping out of treasure chests and the plat you used to get in the ember isle reward bags
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    I'm hoarding plat! I stay away from dimensions and I refuse to buy those crazy priced greaters on the AH. I have one searing greater that dropped from a stronghold and that will do me

It does really suck that they gutted the sellback prices to 1 silver but it is not like they have not done it before. Every time there is a way to make decent amounts of plat easily some peoples find ways to exploit it and they nerf it

just like they did with the price of a stack of fish, with the plat dropping out of treasure chests and the plat you used to get in the ember isle reward bags
    Can I have some plat please
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    I understand the idea that they don't want people turning their credits directly into plat,
    But... why then did they put Rex in the game, a direct way ot turning credits into plat?

If you want items? Buy credits. If you want to skip dungeons to get raid ready? Buy credits. If you want plat? Buy credits. If you want to make cool dimensions...

I'm past being surprised at how pigeonholed we are now. It's a certainty they only want you involved in dimensions if you're buying credits. A lot of them. I can feel it like it's in my wallet... I... I can feel it like <THWACK>

GaahhAAhhhhh

Wishes he'd read:

Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    But... why then did they put Rex in the game, a direct way ot turning credits into plat?

If you want items? Buy credits. If you want to skip dungeons to get raid ready? Buy credits. If you want plat? Buy credits. If you want to make cool dimensions...

I'm past being surprised at how pigeonholed we are now. It's a certainty they only want you involved in dimensions if you're buying credits. A lot of them. I can feel it like it's in my wallet... I... I can feel it like <THWACK>

GaahhAAhhhhh

Wishes he'd read:
    You guys are too funny!

I was actually very upset when I read a discussion on Shatterbone about the best item to sell back for plat and how buying REX above a certain price didn't make sense because you can make more buying some dimension piece. So I am not surprised to see sellback nerfed, and since I'm not the type to buy random boxes this doesn't affect me much. This also explains why they had to nerf it, everyone would stop buying REX if there was a better way to get plat with credits.

However I have bought a very expensive item just to see if it would actually work for an idea I had in my guild's dim and whether you use credits or plat it's going to hurt if you decide not to use it. I ended up selling it on AH at a slight discount from the plat price in the store and it sold after a couple times reposting it. Since then I try to watch for other people that may be doing this, instead of just buying the item straight from the store. It's pretty easy to go through Shatterbone's dimension items because there usually aren't that many and sorting by rarity drops the crafted items below the rares.

Rift Disciple

Wait, let me see if I've got this right. So, before this change, if I bought something fairly costly, and it didn't work for what I bought it for, I'd still be on the hook for half the (usually stupidly high) plat cost. Now, thanks to some "people", I'm on the hook for the entire price?

*sigh*

...it feels more and more like the Devs want all us old guard dimensioneers out of the game.

This was a knee jerk over reaction to folks trying to farm loyalty, hurting legitimate players. Or worse the new trend that sell back will be worthless as they seek more money sinks in the game. Either way it is saddening.
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast