+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: OTG Retirement Community - Greybriar Dimension

Soulwalker

Default OTG Retirement Community - Greybriar Dimension

Hello everyone. I wanted to invite everyone to check out my current dimension. Below is a cut from a RP type post I put on our guild site. Please stop by and give it a +1 if you like it.

Welcome to the Old Timers Guild Retirement Community.

Can you no longer make it to the top of the volcano on Ember Island with major assistance? Are you confined to a wheelchair or need the assistance of a walker, but Meridian is not handicap accessible? Or do you just forget where you live after leaving your house each morning. Then maybe itís time to move to beautiful assisted living community on Shoreward Island. Take advantage of the benefits your OTG retirement package provides (blah blah blah legal message blah blah).

Retirement Community on Shoreward Island provides for all you needs. The tavern provides for all you dining needs from a quick snack to Five Star dining. Whatís that? You donít have any teeth left. No problem. Sue Chief Jasper will gladly take your 5 course fine dining meal and blend it up in the food processor and provide you with a straw.

The Rec Center coordinates both outdoor and indoor activities year round. Enjoy fishing, archery and even needle point. After a couple games of bowling at the indoor lanes, head upstairs to the spa where Gueedo will knead your muscles into putty.

Eventually even ascended leave this realm for the last time. Visit the Mausoleum and arrange your final internment plans. Choose a casket or decide on cremation. Visit the tomes of past Guild Leaders and the crypt of the first Lord Marshall. A pet cemetery is also available when your loyal companion sheds its mortal coil.

All areas are handicap accessible. Staircases are equipped with mechanical chair lifts that will take you from the bottom to the top of the stairs. Wheelchair ramps are located on all outdoor stairs. Wheelchairs and walkers are strategically located throughout the community in case you need assistance.

Refer to the brochure below for details on each of the buildings and areas on the island. And remember, retirement is an adventure!

Krugor
    Dimensional Architect

Shoreward Tavern: This large tavern located on the central promenade is the central hub of the community. The over stocked bar provides for the worst rot gut ripple or the finest wine depending on your mood. Patrons can be overheard hear throughout the night telling stories of past conquests and adventures. General dining is available on the back lenigh that overlooks the harbor and ocean. On a good day you can see both Meridian and Sanctum. The formal dining room caters to your fine dining needs. Several apartments are located on the second floor for those Old Timers that prefer to occupy their day with drinking and not much else. A short stumble up the stairs and your home. Handicapped? No problem. A mechanical chair lift is attached to the stairs.

Recreation Center: The Rec Center is located at the Harbor. A large activity room provides space for general activities and crafting. Donít miss Friday night bingo or Monday afternoon needle point. Adjacent to this room is an indoor bowling alley. A spa is located upstairs. Reserve you massage today. Times fill up fast.

Mausoleum: The Mausoleum is where we honor those who have left this realm for the final time. Members can either be interned in a coffin or be cremated using the on-site crematorium. A book is located next to each grave that chronicles each personís adventures and life. Read about some of the great adventurers that have graced our Guild. Tomes of past Guild Leaders are located at the top of the tower. Visit and pay your respects. The crypt located on the main level is where the first Lord Marshall is entombed. Learn about his great and lengthy deeds.

Tea Shop: The Tea Shop is located adjacent to the Rec Center under to large mushroom. Exotic blends from across the realm are available at this quaint outdoor shop.

Island Defense Cannon: From time to time, dangers may encroach on the Island. Every few years, the ancient Kraken migrates into the warm waters between Shorewood Island and Meridian. The cannon has always convinced the leviathan to move on to better hunting grounds.

The community is always in a state of expansion and renovation. Stop back often to see whatís new. (Give it a +1 if you like it)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I stumbled across this one while touring, when it was still a work in progress. I loved it then, with the walker and tennis balls (lol), and the wheelchairs. I will definitely check this out again now that it's done!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Will never be done, but getting close. I am working on the brick stove and the last of the kitchen tonight and tommorow. Then I will finish the Rec Center this week. Bowling ally and shuffle board almost done.

Thanks for stopping by.

Krugor

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_Collector View Post
    Will never be done, but getting close.
    True enough. They're never really done.

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Even when they are at max item count, they are still never finished.

I will check this dimension out very soon ... I think a few of my trailer park residents are almost ready for the old folks' home.

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

Really incredible dim! I love seeing people take an original concept and bring it to life. Amazing job!

P.S. I broke my hip on the stairs. Who do I see about suing?

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    True enough. They're never really done.
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Soulwalker

Yah. I am around 1300 items now. It fills up fast.

I am currently running a contest in my guild (The Old Timers Guild) to name the tavern. The winner gets to pick one of the houses, or apartments on the second floor of the tavern as theirs. They get to decorate it anyway they want and get a plaque with their name outside their door. I will even plop down a new house in a location of their choosing as long as it fits the aesthetics of the dimension.

The Dimensions just add another aspect to the game to break up the monotony of grinding rep and gear.

We are going to start doing Dimension tours a couple times a month. We start a raid group then hop dimensions and let the owner of the dimension do a tour to discuss the content. Many features and items are placed into the dimensions for a reason, but the general visitor might not understand it or know the extra thought went into it without a guided tour and explanation. It gives the owners the pride of sharing their dimensions.

Soulwalker

Zyonyx,

Didn’t you see the warning sign at the beginning? Good thing there was a walker close. Feel free to use any of the handicap apparatuses. You do have to replace worn out tennis balls on the walkers yourself though.

Please see the Assisted Living Community Legal Liaison about further claims.

Nice da Vinci quote by the way.

Thanks for the nice review.
    Krugor
    Last edited by Bone_Collector; 08-20-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_Collector View Post

We are going to start doing Dimension tours a couple times a month. We start a raid group then hop dimensions and let the owner of the dimension do a tour to discuss the content. Many features and items are placed into the dimensions for a reason, but the general visitor might not understand it or know the extra thought went into it without a guided tour and explanation. It gives the owners the pride of sharing their dimensions.
    What a fantastic idea, and a great way to turn people on to dimensions who otherwise might not be that into them. Kudos to you.

Baradara@Greybriar

At first I laughed. Then I was in aww. Then I was horrified.....umm someone got left in the freezer a tad bit to long.

I also stumbled across this before it was finished and laughed out loud at the wheelchair on the front porch. I'll stop by now that it's done. Love what you're doing helping others find fun with dimensions!
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Heroís Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

OMG OTG!!!!!!! I was part of your guild in Age of Conan a few years ago!

Sweet! A Retirement Dim! I'll have to jump on my Greybriar alt and check it out tonight!

OTG Rocks!

Oh and don't mind Zyonyx... he always makes a spectacle of himself in dims... *sigh* I had to clean the pool in front of my museum, after his visit... Dwarves... *shakes head* hehehehehe
    Last edited by Agrona77; 08-21-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Oh and don't mind Zyonyx... he always makes a spectacle of himself in dims... *sigh* I had to clean the pool in front of my museum, after his visit... Dwarves... *shakes head* hehehehehe
    It probably doesn't help that my dimension visitor on Greybriar is named Dangerdwarf. (Oh, and the dwarf I had on FB got shipped off to Necropolis. My new FB toon is an Eth that looks like the lovechild of Ben Kingsley and Adrien Brody's nose. )

Soulwalker

Thanks all for the nice comments.

OMG OTG!!!!!!! I was part of your guild in Age of Conan a few years ago!
    Nice. Yah, we are in many many games. We have had alot of people come back to the Rift Chapter when FTP came out. by the way for those that dont know "OTG" is the Old Timers Guild.

I noticed a large increase in interest in dimenensions when the FTP group came on which is cool.

I finished about 90% of the kitchen this morning. It now has a large brick oven/stove.

Tonight I am going to put in the shuffle board area, then finish the bowling alley.

Krugor

Soulwalker

New bowling alley, skee ball, archery/rifle range, and hot springs added to the dimension. Stop by and check it out.

Krugor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast