• 2 Post By Jaedor
  • 2 Post By Zyonyx
  • 1 Post By Jaedor
  • 2 Post By Maddori
  • 1 Post By Akhor

Thread: Crafting for Dimensions

Shadowlander

Default Crafting for Dimensions

Hi guys Quick poll question for all you home-builders: Do many of you spread your professions across your alts, or work on all of them on one major toon? I keep seeing all the fun crafted items, and now I want to level all of the professions!

I have all professions covered on one toon or another through a small army of alts who've leveled exclusively from crafting and crafting dailies since about level 10. One of them is now 51 and another is 47 and I have no idea how to play them but they can make all the dimension items and almost everything else. LOL
    Last edited by Jaedor; 08-19-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

I started doing it before they allowed you to buy extra prof slots, so all of mine are across my alts with multiples on gathering. I'd really like to have all the gathering skills on my rogue, though. I miss being able to stealth in and nab what I want without wading through packs of mobs.

Shadowlander

I was thinking perhaps buying slots for foraging & mining on my new leveling toon (I have outfitting, butchering and runecrafting as my main three), and then funneling items back to baby alts.
    Technically I haven't' even picked a dimension to build in yet, but I want to be ready! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Claudya View Post
    I was thinking perhaps buying slots for foraging & mining on my new leveling toon (I have outfitting, butchering and runecrafting as my main three), and then funneling items back to baby alts.
    Technically I haven't' even picked a dimension to build in yet, but I want to be ready! :3
    I nearly always go pure gathering on a leveling toon so that mats can be funneled to crafting alts as needed. There never seem to be quite enough mats to completely level a tier so it's nice to have a higher level toon able to gather as needed.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    I nearly always go pure gathering on a leveling toon so that mats can be funneled to crafting alts as needed. There never seem to be quite enough mats to completely level a tier so it's nice to have a higher level toon able to gather as needed.
    This is exactly what I do. Pick up all the gathering professions on my main, to supply mats to my alts for crafting. Tried it other ways, but this works most efficiently for me.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

I have all crafting professions spread between my alts, except armorsmith. I even leveled one in apoth and runecrafting without leveling her combat past 35, she is now level 54 from workorders and the occasional zone event lol. I also have one toon that has only gathering professions to supplement my original crafters. It's actually very convenient to take one toon gathering and mail off the goods to my other toons, although it makes leveling a bit slower because I'm constantly stopping for goodies lol

Shadowlander

I will take the other two gathering profs then. I'll drop runecrafting for another alt, it's only level 10 lol. Thanks for the input all, it's very much appreciated

Before patch 2.3 I had all the proof spread on many alts. After I learned them all on my main so I wouldnt have to try to remember who could make what. However I have one alt who has its very own guild bank for all my extra mats when I dont need them . And one alt with a guild and bank for all my dim items.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    I started doing it before they allowed you to buy extra prof slots, so all of mine are across my alts with multiples on gathering. I'd really like to have all the gathering skills on my rogue, though. I miss being able to stealth in and nab what I want without wading through packs of mobs.
    Ditto.... verbatim....

All of my alts support their big sister Bella- they do all the gathering, whilst she and one other do the crafts (when I make time away from building!)

Bellarosa

Telaran

I have the three gatherings and two others on my main, then the rest on my alt. My alt's only level 40 but she's still managed to max crafting by taking a guild banner to Tempest Bay.
    Jaida: Rogue of Imperium on Zaviel

Dimension: Eden Blossom Cottage
    Dimension: The Venus Pool

i built a 200 foot tall chicken

/"' ̄フ/)        、
      ,/ ,--、  ̄、__フ     //
      ,ヘl⌒ノ   >    ,/ /_
     ( _l_"_ニ_ く_  /) / /
      ゛ ,>      フ、    、、>
       <" (      フ __>
       ヽ  \、、 _フ' ノ
        \、__、、,_ノ゛
             〉ニ〉ニ〉
           ,、_/ニ/ニ/
         ∠l∠l、ニ>

im all for more dimension uses
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 08-21-2013 at 02:58 AM.
    who took my names!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Whats crafting?

I see Rubeyrose cause she has all the crafts and loves crafting. LOVE Rubey!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-21-2013 at 05:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread