+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Why is everything really expensive?

Default Why is everything really expensive?

I gotta admit, I love dimensions. Being able to just sit down and build for however long, in my peaceful sliver of Telara. But there's a major turnoff. The price of the items. Why, Trion? Why is it so expensive?

I started to design a super awesome dimension: my rendition of the Falling Water mansion in Moonshade Pools. Well, it's started. But it's nowhere near completion. Why? I ran out of money to buy the stuff I need. (Come check out what I have so far the owner is Kaloriah@Wolfsbane).

Why is stuff so expensive? I want to finish that dimension and work on other ones too - but the price is killing me for some of these items.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

A lot of items can be crafted, which helps with your budget. Also, I always weigh my options and see if a cheaper item can be substituted for something expensive.

Visiting a ton of dims all over the place helped me to create some items I normally wouldn't have thought of. Morphing cheap items, to create something extraordinary will move your work forward, as well.

I'll make sure to stop by your Wolfsbane dim
    Last edited by Agrona77; 08-19-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Yeah I'll be trying that out thanks! Only the first level is done right now as I've run out of plat.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

OH and don't forget about Fishing! If your fishing is high enough, you can get some amazing items from those treasure chests in Shimmersand, IPP, Brevane and Dusken! (those are my fav items, I mean you can get dim stuff in every zone from Fishing lol)

I got two green world strangler roots last weekend, while fishing in Brevane. And about 4 tables with plates and yesterday I got a round flesh rug.

Rift Dimension has a great list of items you can get from fishing
    Last edited by Agrona77; 08-19-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    OH and don't forget about Fishing! If your fishing is high enough, you can get some amazing items from those treasure chests in Shimmersand, IPP, Brevane and Dusken! (those are my fav items, I mean you can get dim stuff in every zone from Fishing lol)

I got two green world strangler roots last weekend, while fishing in Brevane.

Rift Dimension has a great list of items you can get from fishing
    Fishing makes me want to claw my eyes out

The working theory is that the new items are so expensive because they want you to buy credits. This forum was lit up with complaints about the prices when 2.3 was on the PTS, and they eventually did lower a few things slightly. Still painful every time I click that Store button though.

I figure if the game had remained a subscription model, the prices would likely be about 1/10 of what they currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    The working theory is that the new items are so expensive because they want you to buy credits. This forum was lit up with complaints about the prices when 2.3 was on the PTS, and they eventually did lower a few things slightly. Still painful every time I click that Store button though.

I figure if the game had remained a subscription model, the prices would likely be about 1/10 of what they currently are.
    That would make sense. Still, leave the credit price as is and slice the plat price in half.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    Why, Trion? Why is it so expensive?
    <laying crumpled in a closet after being chloroformed by Zyonyx so there wouldn't be another Cael rant on item costs>

Fishing makes me want to claw my eyes out
    LOL I like fishing actually and I like the fact I can get awesome dim items that way, that cost me nothing! If you were on my server I could craft you stuff and give you some fish to turn in for the treasure chests.

@ Zyonyx: Yup, you said it! I think they are working on making dims their cash cow. ;) I'm just stating a fact here, not being negative. Every F2P has one. And actually, I'm glad it's dims. Otherwise, it would be a "Pay to win" business model. ;)

@ Cael: LMAO... I'm glad Zy got to you before you could start ranting! buahahahaha ;)
    Last edited by Agrona77; 08-19-2013 at 10:06 AM.

It's so much fun but I have no plat *curls up and cries* Trion you pain me
    Last edited by Fragasm; 08-19-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Prices skyrocketed with 2.3. Up until then, a huge build could be budgeted at 1000p. Today, you can still do a huge build for 1000p but it means using the original items, fishing items, crafted items and drops from instances or what you can get for a bargain at AH.

But if you want to use the new shinies that came with 2.3, it will cost you a bundle. I think the budget for a largish build using plat has jumped somewhere between 10x and 20x or more. Daglar said in one of the livestreams that converting to F2P drives the plat prices, and obviously they want you to use credits instead, as those prices are often quite a lot less.

Many of us feel your pain, and we've lost some great talent here because of it.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

I hate to hear that. It's the freaking windows that are killing me - they are like 10 plat a piece and they make up most if not all of the exterior walls of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    <laying crumpled in a closet after being chloroformed by Zyonyx so there wouldn't be another Cael rant on item costs>
    I did no such thing!

>.>

*hides mysterious bottle and cloth*

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    @ Zyonyx: Yup, you said it! I think they are working on making dims their cash cow. ;) I'm just stating a fact here, not being negative. Every F2P has one. And actually, I'm glad it's dims. Otherwise, it would be a "Pay to win" business model. ;)
    True. Even though I don't get into the whole end-game thing, I'd hate this to become P2W. But even so, some of the plat prices are completely absurd. Prices of chairs, some of the trees and plants, etc, come to mind. They could be half of what they are now and still encourage people to go towards credits.

I hate to hear that. It's the freaking windows that are killing me - they are like 10 plat a piece and they make up most if not all of the exterior walls of the house.
    I know what you mean. The one building in my current dim needs 28 windows. I have... 5.

I think I have 28 windows just on the first floor. 2 or 3 more floors to go

I gotta admit, I love dimensions. Being able to just sit down and build for however long, in my peaceful sliver of Telara. But there's a major turnoff. The price of the items. Why, Trion? Why is it so expensive?
    Dimensions are pretty much the 2.3 f2p cash cow. They knew how addicted we were and knew they couldn't get away with it as much with pve and pvp'ers. Shame too, cause we were also some of their most loyal customers to be exploited so openly.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast