Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Refuge
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Treble
  • 1 Post By Jaedor
  • 1 Post By Refuge

Thread: Nub question I need answering about "Active Dimensions"

Default Nub question I need answering about "Active Dimensions"

So it says on several websites that you can own as many dimensions as you like, but can only have one active at a time.

Can someone elaborate what active actually means. For example, can you only place items in an active dimension, or is it the only dimension that can be accessed by others? I'm presuming the first guess.

Why can we not own several dimensions, put items in each one, then choose which one you want to active to the public? I would have thought Trion would have encouraged buying as much as possible ^^.

Basically, I've outfitted my Fae's Retreat quite a lot, and it took a very long time to make! At the same time I wouldn't mind trying out a smaller dimension to experiment with. Problem is I want to be able to go back to my original Fae's Retreat design. Is this not possible?

Edit: Also do we technically have a maximum of 2 active dimensions? I'm referring to the starter dimension; can you outfit both dimensions?
    Last edited by Refuge; 08-17-2013 at 07:30 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Times have changed you can now have 10 active Dimensions but own every key.

For example:
    If you had 14 keys and one of those 4 not active was Hailol and one of your active keys was Necropolis & you wanted to change these you could - by packing down Necroplis and switching the keys.

In your instance you can just attain a second key and have it active also.

Thank you I will update my beginners guide soon:

Click for: "Dimensions for Dummies" Beginners Guide to Dimensions

Have a great weekend.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-17-2013 at 01:31 PM.

You, and everyone else, can only enter an active dimension. There are tiny gold arrows to let you navigate between your active dimensions.

You may buy slots to have up to 10 active dimensions at a time. Whenever you make a dimension inactive, the new active one that took its place will have all the items from the first one in the moving crate. If you later reactivate the first it will still put the items in the moving crate and will NOT save their positions. You may also have all 10 of your active dimensions fully decorated at the same time.

As far as allowing the public to enter or not, that is handled on the permissions tab. All dimensions are automatically set to allow public entry, you have to go check the box if you want it to be private while you work on it.

Shalistiri Mirage : The Light in the Dark : Camp Catari : Dwarven Ladies Club: RP - The Basilicini of Bahralt : Lycini Townhouse : Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater : The Paarrrrsing Deck : Fuji Dojo : Cherry Breeze Estate on Faeblight

The only other thing I'll add is that the first two active dimensions are free. After that, you have to buy the active slots and activate an inactive key to open it up for use. As Treble mentioned, the little arrows at the upper right of the dimension ui panel will scroll through all your active dimensions so you can choose which one to enter.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

Wow thanks guys, you have been incredibly helpful! Glad to hear I can now outfit another dimension.

Hopefully you'll here from me in the future, but with more substance from myself! (I'm working hard).

+ Reply to Thread