+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Returning Player - Looking forward to dimensions

Shadowlander

Default Returning Player - Looking forward to dimensions

Hi guys,

I'm a returning player to RIFT(just restarted last night to muck around a bit), and I'm returning 95% to try out these dimensions I've heard about. I'm a sucker for any player housing, so I was super excited to hear RIFT had added it to the game. Looking forward to stumbling across new items and decorations as I level my baby mage (already found a chair fishing!).

What I wanted to check on is extra content: I noticed as I was re-downloading that the RIFT site has a few extra packs that you can buy now, and I was wondering if any of these are useful for housing? Housing is the one thing I will shell out extra funds for, it's my addiction :P. I know there are items in the actual RIFT store, but I will explore those later on. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Edit: forgot to ask if there is an official "housing" realm/server, because I'll definitely get on that one!
    Last edited by Claudya; 08-15-2013 at 07:03 AM.

Hey, Welcome back! And welcome to the dimension addiction ;)

As far as the "few extra packs" I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. Can you specify a bit more? There are some great community sites with loads of dimension and item information, as well as guides with useful addons in the sticky at the top of the dimensions forum page to get you started.

There is no set "dimension shard", but there are definitely shards where the dimension community is more active. Faeblight, Deepwood, Greybriar all have some of the more active builders, but there are probably others not far behind. Plus you can visit other shards now within each shard cluster, so you're not so limited by this decision.

Enjoy! =)
    Last edited by Maddori; 08-15-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Welcome to the game and the addiction. Faeblight probably has the most dimension activity, with Deepwood and Greybriar a close neck and neck second. All shards have their advantages and builders. Popular can be good but lots of competition.

Don't forget, if you don't like a shard you can always transfer, though at the cost of losing all +1s on your dimensions.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Shadowlander

Sorry, I should have been more specific: Such as becoming a Patron, Infinity Upgrade, that sort of thing. Also if I should purchase the Storm Legion expansion.

Welcome to Dimensions and the probable addiction that follows! ;)
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Claudya View Post
    Sorry, I should have been more specific: Such as becoming a Patron, Infinity Upgrade, that sort of thing. Also if I should purchase the Storm Legion expansion.
    The only thing of those that I can think would be a benefit of dimensioning would be becoming a Patron. Patron's get a 10% discount from purchases in the rift store. Either way, depending on how much you intend to spend in the Rift Store, you'd just have to weigh your options to determine what would be the better value long term for you.

The rest of those packs include pets and other fluff type items. Here is a thread where some players discuss the details of those packs:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-legion-3.html

Hope that helps.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Claudya View Post

Patron

Yes - for discounts
    Infinity Upgrade
    Not so much
    Storm Legion Upgrade
    Yes - if you want to level crafting, fishing (Dimension items can be fished), be in Tempest Bay the only neutral main city, afk in a busy spot to check out outfits and all that good stuff.

Click for Loyalty Rewards Overview @Rift Scene.

As far as loyalty goes its a financially personal choice and all loyalty rewards are soulbound.. See what works for you before considering whether this is worth its value as a new player especially before purchasing Dimensions in game (each tier has a key and the last two tiers are only via loyalty) and think about Ascend a friend options also.

Welcome to the Axis crew.

Also know that you will receive loyalty points for every month you ever subbed at a rate of 7k loyalty per month of sub (up to 36 months). So as an example if you previously played Rift for six months, you should have loyalty of 42k, which would complete the green tier and get you a bit into the blue tier of loyalty.

You can check your loyalty level by opening up the store and clicking on the loyalty icon at upper left.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 08-15-2013 at 08:40 AM.
    Thorin's Halls, Lost Cavern, The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Avalon, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer Greybriar Dimension Geek

Shadowlander

Thanks everyone for all the feedback, it is very much appreciated! I'll look into signing up for things when I get home today, can't wait to start gathering decorations.
    ...Is it 4:00 PM yet? :3

Shadowlander

Oh boy, I'm going to have to start hoarding platinum. I want all these houses! :<

You get your first one for free. I'm assuming your main is past level 10, so when you find yourself in your capital city, you'll see an NPC with a quest. Take it and receive the first dimension key for free, along with a few free items to get started.

After that they all cost something, though you can also pick up the opposing faction's starter dimension for free as well. Just watch out for the guards. ;)
    Last edited by Jaedor; 08-15-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Shadowlander

I know, I have to go pick one up today I'm just excited about all those big homes with lots of space for building. I'm glad that platinum seems to come a little easier than when I played in 2011. I feel like I'm raking in the silver on my lvl 8 lol.

Welcome to the addiction!

Welcome! I can relate to you, I just started back with RIFT about a month ago and I have become addicted to dimensions...they're a blast. They really allow you the type of creative freedom that very few housing systems can match. I think you'll enjoy it, plus the community here is extremely helpful and supportive. Happy building!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    [U]
    Storm Legion Upgrade
    Yes - if you want to level crafting, fishing (Dimension items can be fished), be in Tempest Bay the only neutral main city, afk in a busy spot to check out outfits and all that good stuff
    I was under the impression that Storm Legion was free with the free2play and we only needed to buy the souls if we wanted them. Should mean that all crafting, fishing, Tempest Bay and everything else but souls should be available anyways.

My brain is foggy right now so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast